Landsickness?

Andoria

I got off the Glory on the 18th and I was fine until approximately 4 hours later. The floor started tilting on me and I started walking into things.

Last night I finally started feeling better but today it is back again. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting or standing.

I didn't have any problems with seasickness but I thought I could feel the ship rocking even when we weren't moving. Apparently it was all in my head or I was just extra sensitive because no one else could feel it.

Thoughts? I'd like to go work out but I'm afraid of falling.

I got off the Glory on the 18th and I was fine until approximately 4 hours later. The floor started tilting on me and I started walking into things.

Last night I finally started feeling better but today it is back again. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting or standing.

I didn't have any problems with seasickness but I thought I could feel the ship rocking even when we weren't moving. Apparently it was all in my head or I was just extra sensitive because no one else could feel it.

That happened to me too at the first cruise. Lasted 3 days. Now i start taking Ginger Pills 2 weeks before i go on the cruise and didn't have any more Problems.

Happened to me on a Spring Break cruise...lasted the whole next week! Trying teaching reading to 1st graders when you can't even focus on the words!:eek: I start taking Dramamine 2 days before we board and take it after we get off also.

It happened to My Daughter & I also ! We were supposed to go to Disney the day we got off the ship... we spent it by the Hotel pool instead. It lasted a few days for us also. LOL... No one told me about that ! :rolleyes:

I agree with Everyone here "Time to book another cruise" !! :D

You just need to get your land legs back. But, if it persists for more than a week or so I would see the doctor.

Since very little real scientific research has been conducted I would like to know where to sign up for research study but only if free cruises are where and how studies are conducted.:D

HAHA Sign me up too!!!

I did have that problem but I've only taken short cruises so maybe that has something to do with how long it lasts.. Mine only lasted a few hours.. I hope you feel better soon!

One time I did go to the Dr. for it as it wasnt going away and it was very hard to work.

I was told its a form of vertigo. I get it every cruise, for me blow drying my hair or being in the shower is the worst. It lasts for about as many days home as I was on the ship. Thankful it happens at home though :eek: I hope you feel better soon!!!

I had it after our 2nd, 3rd & 4th cruise for about a week each time. We had really calm seas in July & I only noticed it one time about an hour after we got home. So to celebrate, we booked a cruise! :D

I agree the Ginger pills seem to help.

Apparently it is common. I just got off the Destiny last week and when we got back home, I felt this up and down movement for about 4 days or so. What I found weird was that we never ever felt movement on the ship the entire time...we thought it odd and often kept saying "is the ship moving...it doesn't feel like it".

Always happens to me. Worst place is in the shower. Always lasst a week or two

I totally agree. I NEVER felt it on the ship but boy when I lean my head back to rinse my hair after returning home the entire shower is rocking LOL. Mine only last a few days then it's back to normal.

Just got off Ecstasy this morning. This cruise has got to be the most calm waves I have experienced in my 6 cruises. I used the ear patch the whole time. After arriving home (30 minutes from port), I started getting the feeling. It is not nearly as bad as the past but taking an afternoon nap, I kept feeling like my bed is slanted and I'm about to slide off :)

In the past, some times it is so bad that I take sick leave the next day or 2.

My dh had this after our first cruise. He doesn't usually get motion sick for anything, so he didn't take any meds before or during the cruise. He was just fine during the cruise, but felt it for about 3 days afterward. He kept asking me if I felt the same way, and I didn't. I took bonine for the first 3 days of the cruise to make sure I'd be okay (didn't want to start out the trip sea sick) and then decided that I would be okay without it. I felt just fine on land and just fine at sea. Dh still had a few problems after the boat on the last time, but he got over it faster this time. Maybe by our next cruise, he'll skip it completely. :rolleyes:

Archived