Landsickness?

Andoria

I always get this too!!!!!!!!! For me the worst time is sitting at the computer! As I sit at my desk, the whole room tips to the side! Sometimes I get it when I lay down too. I have had it last upward of 2 weeks, but thankfully not enough to feel ill or be non-functional!

This problem is called Mal de Debarquement Syndrome. It has been identified as a problem for post-cruise vertigo for centuries. Google it. It can last days, weeks, months, and even years....

Oh I Googled it already but found it was rare. Also, anything that can last for months or for years, makes me want to seek answers elsewhere. I'm happy to see that others here have experienced the same thing.

I have a physical scheduled a few weeks from now. If my symptoms aren't gone, I'll talk to the Dr. then.

I take Bonine the last 2 days on the ship, and for 2 days after, as I have had this before! Seems to work!! ;)

thanks for the tip. I have gotten this too... even not being on a cruise ship. 1st time was on a snorkeling boat on our honeymoon (and it was just a 3 hour boat ride!). It always goes away after a few days, but is annoying at times! I was considering trying bonine on our next cruise like this. Glad to know it has helped!

I also had that happen to me. An ENT told me to try this and it helped me....When it starts Do NOT close your eyes, find an object and stare at it until the vertigo stops. For some reason this helps, why I don't know, but it does. I wish you the best. I know how horrible this can be.

I was on the cruise with you and I usually feel the motion. When I do, I take ginger pills and wear sea bands because I hate the way dramimine and bonine makes me feel. I didn't have to on this cruise as I barely felt the motion...I did feel it the last 2 days, but I ignored it and it didn't make me feel sick...just could feel the boat swaying. I also felt motion once I got off the cruise...for about 24 hours I could feel swaying and it made me dizzy and nauseous...:(. It's better now though...so I hope you feel better soon too.

This happened to me after a cruise on the Glory. It got so bad I ended up leaving work early and seeing my dr. He prescribed Antivert. Perhaps call your doctor, and see what s/he would reccomend for sea-sickness?

I love cruising. I get vertigo more often than I would like, and when I'm on the ship it's one of the few times I feel like it's not just me!

Put the ear patch on now and leave it on for a few days. I also get adjusted by my chiro as soon as I get back into town. If I do both of those, it stops in a day or two.

Next time, put the ear patch on as soon as you get into port.

I'm on the mend!

I still get bouts of it but I'm wondering if it is all in my head because I'll start feeling dizzy when I need to clean the house or go to the gym. I'm sure when I go to work tomorrow, I'll really feel dizzy.

Archived