Closing Buffet at 4:00 p.m.????

LMHSRN

Ok, what's this I hear that Carnival is now closing the buffett at 4:00 p.m. and not offering anything other than pizza and salad in the evenings?

This information was straight off the Spirit out of Seattle last week. My daughter said they could not get anything from the buffett after 4:00 p.m. - no dinner meals....

What the heck is going on?

Ok, what's this I hear that Carnival is now closing the buffett at 4:00 p.m. and not offering anything other than pizza and salad in the evenings?

This information was straight off the Spirit out of Seattle last week. My daughter said they could not get anything from the buffett after 4:00 p.m. - no dinner meals....

didn't they move all the fried chicken and meatloaf to the mdr? what would be left upstairs?

Doesnt make sense. Could it have just been shut and your daughter didnt realize it reopened later?

They attempted to go up to dinner two different nights after 6:00 p.m. and nothing was available. They were really disappointed.

The exact same thing happened to us on our Spirit Alaska cruise in 2008. The buffet was NEVER open for dinner in the evenings. We know for sure because we checked every single day. I mentioned it here on CC and it seems no one really believed me. It was inconvenient for us because we had several all day/late excursions and didn't feel like doing the dining room thing on those days.

The pizza place was open in the evenings, but that was it.

The exact same thing happened to us on our Spirit Alaska cruise in 2008. The buffet was NEVER open for dinner in the evenings. We know for sure because we checked every single day. I mentioned it here on CC and it seems no one really believed me. It was inconvenient for us because we had several all day/late excursions and didn't feel like doing the dining room thing on those days.

The pizza place was open in the evenings, but that was it.

I hope this is not the norm for this ship :eek: Dh and I are sailing to Hawaii next April for 15 days on the Spirit. We are looking forward to skipping several meals in the MDR and grabbing a small bite to eat on the Lido. We have eaten dinner on the Lido only once and wanted to enjoy the more relaxed experience on the Lido.

this does not sound right.....and i hope it is not true...The biggest reason to cruise ( well a big reason) is to get the free food....if they stop offereing that well.......the value goes to all heck and back....

this does not sound right.....and i hope it is not true...The biggest reason to cruise ( well a big reason) is to get the free food....if they stop offereing that well.......the value goes to all heck and back....

for some of us, this has already moved to the past.

You're daughter must have been looking in the wrong place. Check the Fun Times from John Heald's blog and you'll see that the La Playa grill is open every night from 6-9:30. And the deli is open until 11:00 pm so there is more than pizza available. http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2011-03-02/

If this rumor is true, they'll get sooo many cancellations that they won't sail full. I'm easy going, but this would be the last straw for me. It's not just the food on Lido, it's the principle of it. I would have to think long and hard as to whether I'd continue with Carnival over this.

I'm guessing the OP's daughter is mistaken. Maybe she tried just before six - or maybe they opened a few minutes late for some reason? I'm afraid this will create a flood of threads complaining about this outrage before we find out the info is false.

I still have the capers from our cruise. They are packed away somewhere, but I will get them out when I have time. Can't do it now, am expecting dinner guests. I'm now curious to see what the hours were listed for the Lido. I don't think we ever checked that while actually on the ship.

Sounds like we will have to start smuggling our own food onboard....:eek:

maybe someone should make something like a Rum Runner for food.....:D

I am sure there are a few Entrepreneurs out there that could make a few $$ on ebay ;)

There are different areas that serve buffet food. For dinner all of the buffet areas are closed except one. Could be they went to the buffet area saw it was closed and decided there was no buffet at all. The buffet opens at 6pm for dinner. Lunch buffet closes at 2:30. Could be someone went at 4pm and yes it was closed

I cant remember if the Spirit class has 2 buffet areas like the Conquest Class.. one in the middle one at the aft.. maybe they went to the wrong one:confused::

We were on the Spirit in May and the buffet area was open at night . There are two areas and one was closed .

Thanks for confirming what I thought;)

If this rumor is true, they'll get sooo many cancellations that they won't sail full. I'm easy going, but this would be the last straw for me. It's not just the food on Lido, it's the principle of it. I would have to think long and hard as to whether I'd continue with Carnival over this.

Yes, this is the last straw :mad:. Plus no shrimp in the MDR :(. What's going on :confused:.

Archived