Oceanview on Promanade Deck

crusinpeg

On the Emerald, the Promenade Deck is deck 7 and the cabins are on Deck 8 (unless I am mistaken?). It is a pretty good distance between 7 and 8, as many of the lounges on deck 7 have high cellings. Add to that the angle---I would be VERY surprised if you could stand on Deck 7 and look up and see into a cabin on deck 8, and if so you could not see very far into it--maybe just the light shining.

On the Emerald, the Promenade Deck is deck 7 and the cabins are on Deck 8 (unless I am mistaken?). It is a pretty good distance between 7 and 8, as many of the lounges on deck 7 have high cellings. Add to that the angle---I would be VERY surprised if you could stand on Deck 7 and look up and see into a cabin on deck 8, and if so you could not see very far into it--maybe just the light shining.

On the Grand-class ships, the Promenade continues up a flight onto Emerald deck at the bow. The oceanview cabins are located there on Emerald. As Sparky has said, someone walking by at night would be able to see inside if the lights are on and the curtain is open. Luckily, most ships do close the upper Promenade at night... During the day, you'd have to press your face against the window to see in...

We were E206 on the Emerald and there were alot of people walking by our window early in the morning....there was a stairway going downstairs just past our window if I remember correctly. We had to remember to shut our drapes if we were dressing in the morning or at night. There were light white inside curtains...not quite sheer but still you could see in at night I would think, if the cabin light was on. Yes people could see right in our cabin. No problem though and was easy to close the heavier drapes for privacy.

I had forgotten about the cabins at the front of the ship along the walkway...On the Grand class ships there are also some balcony cabins that the walkway goes right past...talk about not having any privac..everyone walking past goes right in front of your balcony...:rolleyes:

Archived