Is it realistic to do St Georges?

Pandot

Details:

- travelling with toddler

- docked in Dockyard

- in port Wed, Thurs, Fri

- toddler needs afternoon nap (though time of nap is mildly flexible)

Concerns:

- arrival day everyone wants to take the first ferry

- last day don't want to be too far from Dockyard

- Ferries that fit in my toddlers schedule (or anywhere near it) are very busy and require you to line up very early - lining up with a toddler = not fun.

So I would really like to see St Georges but I think I might have to sacrifice to keep parents (hubby and I) sane and toddler happy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

others in your party can stand in line while you play in the grassy area near the dock. plenty to see from the stroller. same for return but that area is not grassy. bring a blowup ball to play with. be sure to go to tobacco beach as it is easy to get to from the ferry and very shallow. you could even take turns sightseeing while the baby plays on the beach. if it's your first trip not likely to be your last so st george will be there next time if the baby just isn't ready.

Pandot - I have a 3 yr old and will be going on this cruise (2 days in Bermuda only) this October 2011. I'll post my experiences when we get back and let you know how it worked out since we're thinking of taking the ferry to St. George's the first day as well.

Cross your fingers!

While my kids are a bit older now, I have certainly been there and done that.

My best suggestion is to go with the flow. Pick a few things that you would really like to see and just plan to do those things. If you can fit in a few other things along the way, great- but if not it's ok. Then there is no disappointment.

I agree that one person should wait in line while the stroller, well, strolls, while waiting for the ferry. Don't worry about making the first ferry. It might be more realistic to take the second one then you don't have the rush and the crowd. Will your child nap in the stroller? St. Georges is nice, but very narrow streets for walking. Hamilton is more apt for strolling with a stroller and a toddler in tow. Maybe you could see a bit of St. Georges in the morning, then head to Hamilton during naptime.

The second day you could do whatever you want, maybe go to a beach?

We saved the Dockyard for the last day, this way it was something fun to do while still staying close. It worked out great for us and I highly recommend that schedule.

I hope that helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived