Chef's Table

augies

And, are you ready for this? The small print under the $95.00 price each for the Chef's Table is (subject to change). :(

So, the question is, will it go up some more or come back down in the near future? Anyone's guess is good as mine.

Bob

you book it once you board, and if you want to read more about it click on the link in my signature with chef;s table and check it out. We have done it four times in total and love it. Yes the price has gone up to $95 and for us I believe it is still worth it. We just had a birthday dinner in Seattle and the bill came to $245 for the two of us, at a very nice restaurant, but I think the chef's table was even better.

Vickie

I hate to admit that I think the new price is worth it for people who have not experienced the Chef's Table before. But the increase will probably keep us from participating again. Perhaps if they gave us an option of the meal with the wine and without the extras (photos and cookbooks) at the old price we would do it again. But we still have three cookbooks after giving away some as gifts.

Hi There

Do not think the Chefs Table as a big posh meal,

Its a show, its an event, its a behind the scenes tour, its a chance to meet crew and chat to them

While the price has gone up if you have never done one then its still worth it.

yours Shogun

Tim, Thanks for sharing the video. It looks fabulous. We are booked on an Alaska Cruise/Tour and will not board the ship until late in the afternoon. I hope we'll be able to get a reservation for the Chef's Table!

Eileen

Thanks for the input on the Chef's table, sounds like something we would definitely be interested in. I understand we can't make reservations until we are onboard, but where or with whom do we make them?

Here is what we do:

As soon as we get on board, My DW goes to our cabin and calls the dine line while I go to where the Matre'D (sp?) is to sign up. This way we get two tries to get on the list.

My DH can only have very limited amounts of alcoholic drinks due to a medication. What alcoholic drinks are offered at the Chef's Table?

The times we've done it it has just been wine (champagne, white and red). They did pour grey goose vodka over the sorbet they served as a palate freshener also, but you could have them skip that. I think the experience by itself is worth the price at least once. I think if you pass on the wine, they can bring you a non-alcoholic drink in it's stead, but I'm not sure what (we've never even considered skipping the wine).

The times we've done it it has just been wine (champagne, white and red). They did pour grey goose vodka over the sorbet they served as a palate freshener also, but you could have them skip that. I think the experience by itself is worth the price at least once. I think if you pass on the wine, they can bring you a non-alcoholic drink in it's stead, but I'm not sure what (we've never even considered skipping the wine).

There's also a dessert wine and we had limoncello too!

5337795600_318f523e66_m.jpg

Chef's Table by RickEk, on Flickr

If you book the Chef's Table without the wines, it's $15 cheaper. On our last cruise (Island Princess), we did not get to go into the galley the night of the Chef's Table because of rough seas. The maitre d' made it up to us by charging us the lower price even though everyone drank the wine and other alcoholic beverages offered. (We also got a private tour of the galley and stores with the food and beverage director the next day.)

DH & I did it last year on the Crown (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) Our camera failed.

We had had it since 1996 (Pinehurst open) Others in our group emailed me pictures of

the dinner. (I'm not sure i should be called a dinner. A dining experience.) One of our group

particularly enjoyed the Bloody Mary sorbot. It's included in the cookbook you receive.

enjoy,

joann

If you book the Chef's Table without the wines, it's $15 cheaper. On our last cruise (Island Princess), we did not get to go into the galley the night of the Chef's Table because of rough seas. The maitre d' made it up to us by charging us the lower price even though everyone drank the wine and other alcoholic beverages offered. (We also got a private tour of the galley and stores with the food and beverage director the next day.)

Thanks--I will make sure we sign up to have the chance.

Archived