ultimate balcony dining v suite perks

Dancer76

Hello all

I am booked on grand in a couple of weeks in a full suite (VS), I have gone through the old posts - but can't seem to find an answer to my question - apologies if it has been asked before.

What benefit is there to me paying (not sure how much?) for the ultimate balcony dining package versus just ordering from the menu to my suite?

Is it worth my while doing the ultimate? Have got my 40th whilst on board and just trying to work out what I would like to do!

Many thanks

Lisa

First I will be on the grand in dec in a vs suite so I am so hoping you will post a review! I have done the ultimate bal dining and it was beyond worth it! Everyone asks why bother all I can say is it was 1st class and worth every penney, booked for sunset leaving a beautiful port. Flowers cocktails were brought by two attentive servers who the brought each course and waited outside, somehow they knew when to come in and clear and serve next. Exquisite service is the best word for it, photos at the our little balcony table as a keepsake. everyone who has answered this question seems to have the same opinion best I can tell.Also if you are going to do this, do it immediate when reaching your cabin after boarding.

Will be delighted to hear the results!!!

how much is it? And what is the menu?

CC

Price is $50.00pp. Menu is a surf & turf combo. Ours in 2009 was a fillet and the biggest lobster tail I ever saw. There was also cocktails, a half bottle of bubbly, and desert. I have some pictures on my flickr site if you'd care to take a look. The link is in my signature. Once you get to the page, click on the ruby link button o. the right side of the page.....

Bob

We usually eat in the specialty restaurants twice per cruise, but the UBD was the best meal I have ever had on a cruise ship, by far!! The food was amazing, but I'm sure some of it had to do with the ambiance ... aft balcony, full moon! It just doesn't get any better than that!

Price is $50.00pp. Menu is a surf & turf combo. Ours in 2009 was a fillet and the biggest lobster tail I ever saw. There was also cocktails, a half bottle of bubbly, and desert. I have some pictures on my flickr site if you'd care to take a look. The link is in my signature. Once you get to the page, click on the ruby link button o. the right side of the page.....

Bob

Thanks...any appetizers,soups or salads? And did they bring a big table... I know even the mini suite we booked doesn't have that big of a table...

CC

and they also consult regarding the menu and any changes.

First time we did it - someone came to our cabin...to consult

..the last two times we did it....it was over the phone...consult.....

For example- no Waldorf salad for me (nut allergy..) so they added fettucinni alfredo for me...

I don't eat seafood...so each time- they gave me a double portion of filet mignon..(I never asked for that)

.which one piece gets eaten the next day...cause the portions of everything are great!!

And to be safe...I got cheesecake for dessert...

They will also ask you what cocktail you want to have...so be prepared to save extra phone calls later...

bernadette

Archived