Bumping 2 people out of 3person cabin

HI--NOT TO WORRY---CARNIVAL--TO OUR KNOWLEDGE--HAS NEVER BUMPED PAID PASSENGERS FROM ONE CABIN TO ANOTHER---DONT WORRY---JUT ENJOY YOUR CRUISE--WE HAVE SAILED 47 TIMES WITH CARNIVAL AND ENJOYED EVERY DAY OF IT--IRENE AND JOHN--(jugger)

they will for sure move you if they want the cabin for more revenue. there was a thread in the cabins section of people who were moved. My friend patsea had booked herself into a gty and they let her pick her cabin, and she was in a quad... they waited months until past final payment and then moved her aft, so I know someone personally who got bumped.

Anyone who says never happens maybe doesnt talk to as many cruisers as I do.

Im surprised you have two people who believe it doesnt happen to be honest. they absolutely will move you and might wait until so late the choices of 2 pax cabins is slim.

HI--NOT TO WORRY---CARNIVAL--TO OUR KNOWLEDGE--HAS NEVER BUMPED PAID PASSENGERS FROM ONE CABIN TO ANOTHER---DONT WORRY---JUT ENJOY YOUR CRUISE--WE HAVE SAILED 47 TIMES WITH CARNIVAL AND ENJOYED EVERY DAY OF IT--IRENE AND JOHN--(jugger)

I am sorry but that is not true. If they need a 3 person cabin and you are a 2 person party they can and may bump you. It is just the way it is.

For our cruise this Sunday we are booked in a 4 person cabin. It was to be me, my mom and my 2 daughters. Sadly, my mom passed away last month and when I called Carnival, they tried to move us to a different cabin since there were now 3 of us instead of 4. At that point I asked about the other 12 people traveling with us as this was a family reunion. Needless to say, they left us where we were.

This is part of the passenger contract that everyone signs.

g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

actually we have the opposite experience. Went on cruise with alot of family. Had all the cabins together and my sisters cabin and another of our group were switched and did not know until we boarded. They actually for the very first cabin at the front of the ship two decks above us. So yes they can move the cabin. The two cabins moved could berth 4 and as they were slap in them middle of us we were neighbors with the noisiest, rudest people I have EVER encountered aboard!!

For our cruise this Sunday we are booked in a 4 person cabin. It was to be me, my mom and my 2 daughters. Sadly, my mom passed away last month and when I called Carnival, they tried to move us to a different cabin since there were now 3 of us instead of 4. At that point I asked about the other 12 people traveling with us as this was a family reunion. Needless to say, they left us where we were.

my deepest sympathy to you..

If there going to bump us will they gives cabin choices in our catagory? If they bump us to higher cat. will we get cabin choices?

My friend just noticed that they changed her cabin .. didnt call her , just changed it. Luckily she noticed right away.

No, they dont have to call you, they just change it.

Not the same thing but I booked a specific OV knowing it was being converted to a balcony on Ecstasy Usually would book a PT, but booked this OV on purpose. If I knew it would be a balcony so did carnival.

they called and left a message that if I didnt pay another $240 they would move me without my consent. Remember they agreed to the price for that cabin, and I very carefully picked a cabin that only held 2 people thinking I was safe. Nope.

Iv even heard of people getting moved from connecting cabins because someone else wanted connecting cabins. Carnival can and will move you for whatever reason they want.

Are booked in a room for 3 (with a sofa) I sure hope they don't try to move us to a bunk. (Our third pax is 2.)

if three is sailin they would not move you.

(Most newer ships have the sofa in the ocenview/balcony cabins. They all do not convert though

What? They do it all the time.

HI--NOT TO WORRY---CARNIVAL--TO OUR KNOWLEDGE--HAS NEVER BUMPED PAID PASSENGERS FROM ONE CABIN TO ANOTHER---DONT WORRY

As others said, absolutely NOT true.

We have some friends (family of 4 with small children) who had booked an inside cabin on the Glory. A few days before departure, they got a call from Carnival to tell them that they had been "bumped" out of their cabin.....to an OS Suite! (former category 11). Believe it or not, my friend was irate and wanted to go back to the inside cabin (she was afraid that her kids would jump off the balcony). I asked her if she was crazy. She had just hit the upgrade jackpot and she was complaining about it???!! Carnival couldn't re-accomodate them. Their cabin had been reassigned to someone else and the ship was full.

Carnival can and WILL bump you off your cabin if they need it. Not only can they bump you if the cabin is at less than capacity, they will bump you for a slew of other reasons. A common one is if they need cabins side by side (for example, if you have a family and the parents are in one cabin and the kids are in another), and the only way to accomodate them is by moving someone from their cabin.

You will never be "downgraded". Carnival will always accomodate you on the same category, and in some situations, (as mentioned above) even upgrade you.

I am sorry but that is not true. If they need a 3 person cabin and you are a 2 person party they can and may bump you. It is just the way it is.

Sorry but you are incorrect. They will not bump you out of a cabin for capacity reasons. Once you are booked it is not going to change. There has never been one person report that they were moved out of a cabin for this reason.

They might not let you book it to begin with but they will not bump you after it is booked. (might ask you to move as an upgrade without charge but it is your choice)

Archived