cruise destinations out of Los Angeles question

ckr31

I live in Las Vegas I have been on a couple princess cruises(love em)is their any other destinations round trip out of Los Angeles on any other cruise line other than mexico or Hawaii thanks for your feedback

I live in Las Vegas I have been on a couple princess cruises(love em)is their any other destinations round trip out of Los Angeles on any other cruise line other than mexico or Hawaii thanks for your feedback

Princess has started some great 28 day cruises (one this fall, and two more next year) that visit Hawaii, Samoa, Western Samoa, and Tahiti before returning to LA. What a way to see those islands without having long flights. ;)

Sapphire has some LA/Santa Barbara/San Francisco/San Diego/Ensenada/LA and LA/Santa Barbara/San Francisco/ Astoria/Seattle/Vancouver cruises.

Coral has some LA/Ft Lauderdale full transit Panama Canal cruises.

The only roundtrips out of LA are Mexico, Hawaii, Tahiti (28 days), and Pacific Coastal (LA to SF, 7 days). You can also sail roundtrip out of San Francisco to Hawaii and Alaska.

You could string together two back to back 14 day Panama Canal Cruises (LA to Ft. Lauderdale) for a 28 day roundtrip from LA through the Panama Canal. Here's hoping Princess adds more roundtrips out of LA.

The only roundtrips out of LA are Mexico, Hawaii, Tahiti (28 days), and Pacific Coastal (LA to SF, 7 days). You can also sail roundtrip out of San Francisco to Hawaii and Alaska.

You could string together two back to back 14 day Panama Canal Cruises (LA to Ft. Lauderdale) for a 28 day roundtrip from LA through the Panama Canal. Here's hoping Princess adds more roundtrips out of LA.

We would also love more roundtrips out of LA! ;) I would love to do the LA -Tahiti one, but I cannot take that much time off.

Carnival goes out of Long Beach and has 3 and 4 day RT cruises to Catalina and Ensenada.

This year HAL has a one way LA to FLL - a Panama Canal transit on December 5th. Normally HAL goes out of San Diego and has alternating Mexico and Hawaii RTs from there.

Most of the cruises from San Diego have already stopped, and the few remaining will leave soon.

Carnival's Splendor is still doing 7 day Mexican Riveria from Long Beach, however the itin's are getting altered.

In Jan, 2012, CCL's Inspiration will arrive in LB to do the short cruises. Paradise will do them until Inspiration arrives.

We're booked on a PCL, SF departure, PCL, San Pedro departure, CCL, LB departure, and in 2013, a PCL, San Pedro departure up the coast to SF.

Other than this, it's slim pickins'. :)

Pat

This year HAL has a one way LA to FLL - a Panama Canal transit on December 5th. Normally HAL goes out of San Diego and has alternating Mexico and Hawaii RTs from there.
I'm pretty sure HAL has repositioned their ships from MR cruises. None that I know of next year.

In addition to what the others have posted, Disney Cruise Line has one week Mexico cruises scheduled out of LA (so far, Mexico but who knows if they will keep it or change to Pacific Coastal) and one 15 day Hawaii cruise at the end of the upcoming LA cruise season in April 2012.

Crystal Cruises has a number of one-week Mexico and Pacific Coastal cruises scheduled for the upcoming LA cruise season.

This season, Carnival Spirit comes to LA (not Long Beach) and will sail to Mexico and Hawaii.

NCL has a few cruises through the Panama Canal leaving from LA.

Cunard Queen Victoria has at least one Hawaii r/t from LA (December 2011).

Seabourn Odyssey will have a couple of cruises leaving from LA -- one that goes all the way to Australia and one through the Panama Canal.

If you go to sanpedro.com you can see the cruise ship schedule for LA.:)

The op asked if there is any other cruise line out of LA too. Mostly Princess has the most round trips out of LA. I've checked that out too.

Carnival has more regular, yearly itineraries than any other cruise line. Even HAL, who sails through March 2012, has more sailings than Princess does for the time being. Princess has cut WAY back on the number of cruises out of LA, unfortunately. Disney has added quite a few and Crystal always has a few during the year too. Cunard ships will sometimes stop into LA while doing around-the-world itineraries, of which you can join for a "segment voyage".

Archived