Can you bring a can of pop to the MDR?

Missiowa

1 hour ago, red-dragon said:

I was going to start a new thread, but I found this on quick search, yes.  I actually didn't notice it was from 2011!  That's what happens when you spend too much time on forums, my eyes start to go fuzzy!!!

Too funny!  I didn't even notice the date, I was too focused that someone had the same question as me 🤣

19 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

OMG!  My bad, I need to take a break from the Internet 😴  The OP was referring to their "Carnival" cruise.  DUH!!!

I should have started a new thread .... lol

Yes, I will be on RCI cruise.

Thanks for pointing this all out!

Hey, at least you took the time to do a search. Kudos for that. 🙂 Not too many people do anymore. There's times when there's multiple threads of the same topic on the first couple pages alone because people don't search.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Happens to the best of us!

😂

27 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Hey, at least you took the time to do a search. Kudos for that. 🙂 Not too many people do anymore. There's times when there's multiple threads of the same topic on the first couple pages alone because people don't search.

Aww, thank you.  Yes, I always do a search first, both on the actual forum and then like this on Google to get second results:

cruisecritic + bring pop to MDR

• Like 1

On 8/26/2011 at 11:01 PM, picklebongo said:

Yes, bringing, a can of soda into the MDR is very tacky, in my opinion.

What makes it tacky besides being in your opinion?   There is no rule against it.  

You can stop at any bar and buy a can of soda or a glass of wine or even a mixed drink on your way to the dining room and carry it in with no problem at all.  It beats waiting for the bar servers in the dining rooms taking forever to wait on you.  Many people like the drink with their meal, not five minutes after it's over.  

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

What makes it tacky besides being in your opinion?   There is no rule against it.  

You can stop at any bar and buy a can of soda or a glass of wine or even a mixed drink on your way to the dining room and carry it in with no problem at all.  It beats waiting for the bar servers in the dining rooms taking forever to wait on you.  Many people like the drink with their meal, not five minutes after it's over.  

You know that you are responding to an 8 year old comment ... ??

On 8/25/2011 at 8:56 PM, SadieN said:

I will know if I am drinknig red wine out of a white wine glass. 😄

The bars do have different wine glasses. Red, white, champagne. Never had a problem getting what I needed.

Once it is in the glass no one knows where it came from. Unless of course you drink your wine in the wrong glass.;) The ones in the cabins are white wine, YMMV.

Don't get me started on the different types of beer glasses/mugs/steins.:p

31XYSMY5DPL._AA160_.jpgred wine glass

317ST5FJTFL._AA160_.jpgwhite wine glass

OMG if someone is concerned if I have the correct glass then they have way to much time on their hands.   

47 minutes ago, nascarcruiser said:

OMG if someone is concerned if I have the correct glass then they have way to much time on their hands.   

That's why I cruise - so that I can have too much free time, instead of too little -- and then I use that time to worry about my drinks instead of worrying about my job and my bills.  :-)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nascarcruiser said:

My wife just uses one of the water goblets to take a glass of her own wine to the MDR. She's not worried about asking the steward for one or getting one from a bar. As far as she's concerned, it tastes the same out of a goblet as it does a wine glass.

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

You know that you are responding to an 8 year old comment ... ??

I did after I read down further after replying.  Still doesn't matter.  Why do some think it's tacky when it is perfectly permissible.

On 8/27/2011 at 3:40 PM, SNJCruisers said:

I believe that the white wine glass has the longer stem so that you can place your hand there to raise the glass to your mouth and the body heat from your touch will not affect the temperature of the chilled wine in the glass. It is the same reasoning behind the longer stem on a champagne glass.

The red wine glass has a shorter stem because you're supposed to cradle the bottom of the bulbous portion of the glass since red wine is drunk at room temperature. It is the same way with a brandy snifter. I believe that the circumference of the red wine glass is also larger than a white wine glass so that the wine can more easily "breathe".

I'm not a wine connoisseur, but this stuff is sitting in my useless information portion of my brain and I thought it would be impolite not to share.;)

Thanks, was wondering but not a wine drinker and didn't have the motivation to open a new tab and google it myself. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2011 at 9:39 AM, Missiowa said:

Hello, My hubby really likes Pepsi with his meals. Carnival only sells coke. Can he bring a can of Pepsi into the dining room to drink with his meal or would that look tacky and frowned upon? Don't want to look rude but he would prefer Pepsi instead of buying a coke.

I took a tumbler full of wine to share with my cousins/parents.  Waitstaff didn't blink an eye.  My cousin said I was tacky/ghetto, but she drank it!  LOL.