What side of Celebrity Solstice allows for port views?

nik23

Anyone who has sailed the Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Solstice..what side of the ship has the best view of the ports? Port or Starboard?? I just love enjoying the views while sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee as the ship rolls into port in the AM. Thanks

There is no way to know; ships do not pull into port the same way from sailing to sailing; there are many factors that impact how and where a ship pulls into port. Most likely for some ports the starboard side will offer a better view and at other ports the port side will have better views.

There is no way to know; ships do not pull into port the same way from sailing to sailing; there are many factors that impact how and where a ship pulls into port. Most likely for some ports the starboard side will offer a better view and at other ports the port side will have better views.

I agree with Gonzo70's info. I've seen the same cruiseship dock at the same port with the port side against the dock, and another time with the starboard side to the dock. I have been told, but can't confirm, that the tides factor into how the ship will be secured to the dock, either affecting how it arrives, or how it departs.

Another note about being docked with a port view: many docks are in industrial zones. The dock can be very noisy, busy with trucks and containers, and not very scenic. On the other hand, some are quite picturesque. It depends on the port and which dock you will be assigned to.

Copenhagen%20dock.JPG

Copenhagen, Denmark from our veranda. Very quiet, serene. One of the nicest views we've had.

Valparaiso%20dock.JPG

Valparaiso, Chile from our veranda. Very noisy. During our muster call we gathered on this side, with the container facility apparently running at full capacity. We could barely hear the instructions were we being given. One of the least desireable views we've had.

Anyone who has sailed the Eastern Caribbean on Celebrity Solstice..what side of the ship has the best view of the ports? Port or Starboard?? I just love enjoying the views while sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee as the ship rolls into port in the AM. Thanks

IMHO, views away from the port are way better. Even in the Caribbean, the port areas aren't all that beautiful because it's usually noisy and industrial. As for what side of the ship, you never know from one week to the next or from one port to the next.

Archived