Tampa Flight Home?????

Islandbear

That is pretty early. You'd have to be at the airport by 9. It looks to be about a 20-25 minute drive from the cruise terminal to the airport so you'd have to clear customs by 8:30. I'd try and look into a later flight if possible.

A 10:30AM flight out of Tampa is realistic only if everything leading up to that goes perfectly - ship returns on time, there are no debarkation delays (customs, etc.) and traffic is not a problem (which it wouldn't likely be). Self-debarkation would help but still, I wouldn't risk it.

I wouldn't risk it. We were delayed getting off the Inspiration because a group of foreigners failed to report to custom on their scheduled time. Their name were called over and over. Luckily we had 4:00 pm flight...

I agree with the others. We sailed the Inspiration in May and did self-debarkation. We were one of the first passengers off the ship, got our shuttle and headed straight to the airport. Even then, we got there exactly at 9am.

You have to take into account that the shuttles cannot come into the port for you, so you have to walk out and go across the street into a parking garage to catch your shuttle/taxi. When we got off, one of the escalators was down, so everyone lugging more than a carryon had to use the single elevator to take you down.

I wouldn't risk it. Get a flight at 1pm-ish. Take your time at breakfast and exiting the ship. Who wants to rush home after a vacation anyhow? :)

No, don't take it. Call Delta and tell them that your cruise line does not recommend any flights prior to 11:30 am and this is why you selected your original time. They should change you to a later flight free of charge.

This happened to us last year with AirTran. They changed our flight to 11:10 am. We called and they let us change to the later 2:30 flt free of charge. Thank goodness we did as we were zone 16 getting off the ship.

I am booked on the Legend and Delta just cancelled my 12:20pm flight out of Tampa and wants to put me on a 10:30am flight home. Is that realistic?:confused:

Delta is the queen of changing flights! I travel for business and try to avoid Delta for this very reason. Tell them you need a later flight-who wants to end a vacation stressing about flight times.

Pat

I wouldn't risk it. There are way too many variables. The ship could be late. There might be traffic. Airport security could be snarled up. I would try for a later flight. Better to be safe and have to wait around the airport for a while than to be rushing through it and miss your flight.

OP, if you get a later flight and have a few hours to kill go and enjoy a nice leisurely lunch. There is a TGI Fridays and a Carrabbas on the ticketing side of Tampa airport. The Carrabbas is much nicer, a quieter atmosphere and the prices are pretty good too. We had about 3 hours to kill before our flight and went there along with another R/C friend. We had the most amazing flat bread pizzas. The food was good and it was much nicer surroundings than the quick eateries you will find over on airside. Have a great cruise. :)

I think you would make it, but I wouldn't want to worry my whole cruise about this. Stuff happens all the time that delays ships. Even if you have to fly out the next day, that's what I would do.

Thanks everybody! Delta was swamped yesterday because of Irene. But the staff was very nice and changed us to a 12:15pm flight departing Tampa.

But instead of getting home by 7pm we will be getting home after midnight. Can't win them all.

Thanks everybody! Delta was swamped yesterday because of Irene. But the staff was very nice and changed us to a 12:15pm flight departing Tampa.

But instead of getting home by 7pm we will be getting home after midnight. Can't win them all.

Before settling for the flight with a very late arrival. Go to deltas site put in those dates and times and see what options are available. They are going to put you on the cheapest route home. Id you have a connecting flight there may be a sooner one .

Archived