Carnival ship coming into Norfolk with Irene!

HokiePoq

agreed. i still can't get those pix from rita out of my mind all these years later.

You must be talking about those pix of Sensation and Ecstacy? riding it out off the mouth of Mobile Bay. Those were nauseous making just looking at them.

Don't worry about the crew. Most that I spoke with were excited to get away from the guests for a couple days. There was a big crew party planned for tonight and they were hustling their butts to get their work done in time for it.

It looks like the Carnival Pride is "hovering". She's moving a little back and forth at a knot or 2... I checked a chart; the Bay is about 100 feet deep where she is at. (Between Tilgman Island and Chesapeake beach.)

Aloha,

John

Don't worry about the crew. Most that I spoke with were excited to get away from the guests for a couple days. There was a big crew party planned for tonight and they were hustling their butts to get their work done in time for it.
Sorry, but I do worry about them since I have a son in the business. He was glad to be sailing ahead of the storm. Yes, it's nice to have a night off without passengers, but the seagoing gymnasium is no fun either.

It looks like the Carnival Pride is "hovering". She's moving a little back and forth at a knot or 2... I checked a chart; the Bay is about 100 feet deep where she is at. (Between Tilgman Island and Chesapeake beach.)

Aloha,

John

A little fine tuning her nesting spot. Reminds me of my cat circling around on the couch before picking the purrfect spot to take a nap.

Archived