price decrease for outside

angel 77

I recently booked an inside gty, but have just seen that the price has now dropped for an ocean view, and it is being offered for what I paid for the inside (with a difference of $2 or so). Is it worth contacting the TA or HAL, are they likely to upgrade us?

You may or may not get upgraded if you don't ask about it. You may or may not get upgraded if you do ask, too. But I suspect you improve your chances by asking.

Something about the squeaky wheel getting the grease.

When the prices of outsides on our cruise dropped $300 pp we called our TA and requested a change to a higher cabin selling for the price we had booked. It was done in an hour, with a new booking number, so I presume it was a cancel-and-rebook.

When the prices of outsides on our cruise dropped $300 pp we called our TA and requested a change to a higher cabin selling for the price we had booked. It was done in an hour, with a new booking number, so I presume it was a cancel-and-rebook.

In this case, assuming that it was after you paid, was your credit card creditted & rebilled?

We tried upgrading after payment & were told this was the case & had to decline as each transaction would cost us a 2.5% transaction fee (Canadian to American Dollars) & that made it impractical.

Out T/A finally managed to get us an upgrade for $100 extra each & an OBC to make up the difference so we did OK but does anyone have info/ideas/advice on how to get around this if we upgrade again?

We are Canadian & booked through an American on-line T/A (who has been great so far by the way).

For that reason we paid in US Dollars & our credit card charges a 2.5% foreign transaction fee on every transaction.

In this case, assuming that it was after you paid, was your credit card creditted & rebilled?
No, it was before final payment. The new cabin we asked for was exactly the same price, so there was no money transaction at all. The only deposit we had given was the $100 each paid as an FCD. We also hadn't booked any excursions or dinners yet, so it was a very simple switch.

Archived