Barcelona Flamenco Dance

Wayfairers

Our ship is going to overnight in Barcelona. I'm considering seeing a Flamenco Dance the night we are there and I'm starting to look at what is available on line. It looks like most of them include dinner too... Anyone done this before? Any advice?

Hi

Me and my sister went to Tablao De Carmen at

Poble Espanyol de Montjuïc and loved it (see Trip Advisor). We booked through Expedia as an add on to our trip.

We had the four course meal - it was nothing special but you can opt to have tapas or just have drinks. We were sat right in front of the performers and it was awesome.

Walking back takes you past the magic fountains and although we missed them they are one of the must see things.

The nearest metro station is "Plaza Espanya" but its a bit of a walk (and uphill) from there to Poble Espanyol (downhill on the way back!!)

If you dont want to take the metro then it would be a taxi ride from the port (sorry no idea how much or how long as we were quite happy using the metro)

Hi, last year we also went to the Tablao de Carmen and had a great time! I don't think there's a bad seat in the house so don't worry about buying a cheaper ticket without dinner. Check out their website, that's where I bought my tickets. It's located inside of the Pueblo Espanol which is located on Montjuic, it is a hill overlooking Barcelona. Montjuic is very green and beautiful, we didn't mind getting lost on the bus up there. We accidentally stumbled upon the Olympic Village and the Fundacion de Joan Miro (awesome museum!). Then we rode the bus back in the opposite direction to the Pueblo Espanyol before the show. It was cool.

You can easily reach Pueblo Espanol by bus #50 from Plaza Espana (it stops right in front of Pueblo Espanyol). No need to walk up any hills. :-) Right after the show, you can easily walk downhill to the Magic Fountain for a cool light show.

There is another Flamenco venue located right in the heart of Barcelona on La Rambla. It's called Tablao Flamenco Cordobes. I haven't been there yet, but I'm going to check it out next year too.

Hope this helps! You can find more details about these places on TripAdvisor.

If you're looking for something less expensive and more authentic than touristy check out LOS TARANTOS - Plaça Reial 17 (Barri Gòtic): http://www.masimas.com/en/tarantos.

It's a half hours show in a club setting. It's only 6 Euros. We really enjoyed it and it gives you more time to see other sights. It's right off La Rambla.

Hi, last year we also went to the Tablao de Carmen and had a great time! I don't think there's a bad seat in the house so don't worry about buying a cheaper ticket without dinner. Check out their website, that's where I bought my tickets. It's located inside of the Pueblo Espanol which is located on Montjuic, it is a hill overlooking Barcelona. Montjuic is very green and beautiful, we didn't mind getting lost on the bus up there. We accidentally stumbled upon the Olympic Village and the Fundacion de Joan Miro (awesome museum!). Then we rode the bus back in the opposite direction to the Pueblo Espanyol before the show. It was cool.

You can easily reach Pueblo Espanol by bus #50 from Plaza Espana (it stops right in front of Pueblo Espanyol). No need to walk up any hills. :-) Right after the show, you can easily walk downhill to the Magic Fountain for a cool light show.

There is another Flamenco venue located right in the heart of Barcelona on La Rambla. It's called Tablao Flamenco Cordobes. I haven't been there yet, but I'm going to check it out next year too.

Hope this helps! You can find more details about these places on TripAdvisor.

We did Tablao de Carmen,which was good. The dancing was excellent. I have seen Flamenco that was better produced in an expensive theatre and the dancers used castanets. Carmen dancers are very close to your seats and don't use castanets. Don't eat dinner, go for the drinks and snacks.

Archived