Kids in CL?

Perhaps it's because the behavior described is appalling for the dinner table, and seeing it dampens the enjoyment of having dinner. I would have talked to the head waiter about it. The child's behavior was pretty gross.

Well I am glad you would talk to the Head Waiter rather than confront the parents as you indicated you might do in other posts here. Other diners in a confrontation will hopefully be something none of us would witness.

And may I ask (ever so politely:D), why was your sister so interested in what was happening at another table?

I am always surprised at what bothers people with regard to other tables. We usually are so engrossed with our table mates in conversation that I could scarcely tell you what the people at surrounding tables even looked like, let alone how they behaved.

Why can't people just enjoy their cruises and not be so interested/worried/upset about what others do?

What a saint you appear to be.Bad behavior doesn't bother you at all.I guess I am doomed as it sure bothers me.:eek:

And may I ask (ever so politely:D), why was your sister so interested in what was happening at another table?

I am always surprised at what bothers people with regard to other tables. We usually are so engrossed with our table mates in conversation that I could scarcely tell you what the people at surrounding tables even looked like, let alone how they behaved.

Why can't people just enjoy their cruises and not be so interested/worried/upset about what others do?

She was seated next to the table and could hear the banging of his feet and the sound of the dishes clanging..glasses falling. He kicked the table hard...kicked the mother hard...

A bit difficult not to notice the antics.

I applaud you if you are able to isolate yourself as to not notice what is going on around you.:rolleyes:

What a saint you appear to be.Bad behavior doesn't bother you at all.I guess I am doomed as it sure bothers me.:eek:

A Saint? Hardly. Never said bad behavior didn't bother me, just that I rarely noticed what others seated at a different table are doing. Also, after 20+ cruises I have never noticed such behavior as described and I have good eyesight and hearing.

She was seated next to the table and could hear the banging of his feet and the sound of the dishes clanging..glasses falling. He kicked the table hard...kicked the mother hard...

I applaud you if you are able to isolate yourself as to not notice what is going on around you.:rolleyes:

I am not isolated, I guess I am just not that interested in what other people are doing seated at other tables in the dining room.

If your sister truly witnessed such behavior and it bothered her to such an extent and she didn't let the Head Waiter know about it then that is a decision she made.

I am not isolated, I guess I am just not that interested in what other people are doing seated at other tables in the dining room.

If your sister truly witnessed such behavior and it bothered her to such an extent and she didn't let the Head Waiter know about it then that is a decision she made.

I dind't say she didn't let the Head Waiter "know about it". She did..in fact he apologized to everyone around that table for the behavior of those pax.

Evidently he "noticed" what was going on too.;)

I dind't say she didn't let the Head Waiter "know about it". She did..in fact he apologized to everyone around that table for the behavior of those pax.

Evidently he "noticed" what was going on too.;)

Well then, getting back to the topic of this thread, did your sister happen to notice if this disruptive family was sailing in a suite and if so, did they bring this young man into the CL? :D*

*in case you are wondering this is an attempt at a little humor, not really wishing to discuss further.

Well then, getting back to the topic of this thread, did your sister happen to notice if this disruptive family was sailing in a suite and if so, did they bring this young man into the CL? :D*

*in case you are wondering this is an attempt at a little humor, not really wishing to discuss further.

She didn't say if she saw them in the CL. I'm certain if they were there she would have mentioned them.:)

What a brat but unfortunately with a growing number of the parents out there who don't parent (not a majority, of course) we will be meeting this brat's clones on cruises and other places.

Well I am glad you would talk to the Head Waiter rather than confront the parents as you indicated you might do in other posts here. Other diners in a confrontation will hopefully be something none of us would witness.

I believe my previous post stated I would NOT confront parents, but talk to them. I am a very positive person, and I am assertive without being aggressive. Talking to people about a noisy child when in a small group gathering is completely different than a large and crowded dining room.

I pick my situations carefully, and I never mean to offend. So, you might want to plant your flag of criticism on someone else for today.

I believe my previous post stated I would NOT confront parents, but talk to them. I am a very positive person, and I am assertive without being aggressive. Talking to people about a noisy child when in a small group gathering is completely different than a large and crowded dining room.

I pick my situations carefully, and I never mean to offend. So, you might want to plant your flag of criticism on someone else for today.

......having no idea about the childs history and you feel that you should approach a stranger about their offspring....Hmmm....maybe the child could be autistic or other personal problem....If your child suffered such a malady would you like to share such personal information with a complete stranger???? ....I bet not. ......maybe like a previous post said "mind your business"....Also who knows if the event even happened?...Do not judge lest ye be judged.....;)

By all means if you feel you will always be taken positively in every situation then feel free to talk to parents all you desire regarding their children's behavior. Me? I wouldnt do that in a million years.

And I quoted you exactly twice today in this thread, just as you did me. I hardly think that I planted any flag and would not accuse you of doing so either.

Feel free to put me on ignore. Have a lovely evening.:)

Perhaps you did not read all 44 pages. Half of this discussion has brought out the conclusion that any kids present in the CL are out of control, yelling, screaming, crying, using grimy paws handling food, etc. Some posts here are complaining about kids on cruises in general. Why does it have to get to that level?

Really....sometimes silly statements deserve silly responses.

So true...:) And really half the posts say that about children in the CL??????

That's not really true. I've been in places like the Grand Hyatt concierge level, with alcoholic drinks, and there are still kids there. It's not a Disney thing, it's parents and kids using a concierge room on vacation that they paid extra for. Nothing more or less.
Still believe the CL should be what is has been and adults only venue.

......having no idea about the childs history and you feel that you should approach a stranger about their offspring....Hmmm....maybe the child could be autistic or other personal problem....If your child suffered such a malady would you like to share such personal information with a complete stranger???? ....I bet not. ......maybe like a previous post said "mind your business"....Also who knows if the event even happened?...Do not judge lest ye be judged.....;)

Joe, it's my personal belief that parents of handicapped children should take them anywhere and everywhere they go. I also think that ANY parent of ANY child needs to be responsible enough to not let their children disturb other people. What was described in the post above was an out-of-control child (for whatever reason), and it's not judgemental to ask that the child be quieter. It's common courtesy, and sometimes that courtesy has to be asked for: in a non-confrontational, non-judgemental, and friendly way.

I didn't mind my own business in the same restaurant twice about 2 months ago. One child whose mother and grandmother were yacking and ignoring her unscrewed the top to a bottle of hot sauce and was about to drink it. I stopped it. The second occasion was a little hyperactive boy standing on the chair waving two knives around in this crowded and noisy restaurant. I notified the waitress about this one.

So, sometimes it does call for intervention. I believe that the incident mentioned above about the child in the MDR called for intervention: non-aggressive, polite, but definitely some communication to the parents was needed.

Everyone is only focusing on the negative.

As I said before, I was on the Allure and there were children allowed int he CL. They were extremely well behaved and were not climing on the furniture and scaling the walls like spider man, contrary to popular concensus.

Personally, I'd prefer to get rid of those damn characters than kids in the CL... :eek:

By all means if you feel you will always be taken positively in every situation then feel free to talk to parents all you desire regarding their children's behavior. Me? I wouldnt do that in a million years.

And I quoted you exactly twice today in this thread, just as you did me. I hardly think that I planted any flag and would not accuse you of doing so either.

Feel free to put me on ignore. Have a lovely evening.:)

I don't want to ignore you, but your tone came across as critical toward me. Maybe if we had been having a friendly, face-to-face, non-confrontational, non-aggressive talk like I always have, then misinterpretations wouldn't have happened here. Enjoy your evening, too.:D

If a child has 'problems' that interfer with CLounge benefits - he/she should not be there during 'happy hour'. I would talk to the concierge.

I don't want to ignore you, but your tone came across as critical toward me. Maybe if we had been having a friendly, face-to-face, non-confrontational, non-aggressive talk like I always have, then misinterpretations wouldn't have happened here. Enjoy your evening, too.:D

I am sorry you misinterpreted my comments on your postings. I was in no way being critical toward you personally. I was just commenting on your posts like people do here every day.

This is obviously a hot topic. I am sure Royal Caribbean has taken notice. But like I have posted many times, Royal is going after the upscale free spending suite booking family crowd that they hope to capture from Disney Cruise Lines. This is becoming more and more obvious. They want people who feel as you do to move on to Celebrity and Azamara.

Unfortunately this is going to make a lot of very loyal customers upset. But Royal has done this in the past (denying D's the use of the CL) and they got away with it unscathed.

People have the choice of being upset, moving on to another cruise line or vacation choice, going to Celebrity or AZ, or going with the flow of a more family friendly RCL. I am neither promoting or criticizing RCL's new focus, I am just acknowledging it.

[quote name='Bakincakes']If your kids were "older" there wasn't a choice of going without them for a quickdrink and snack?

I am assuming that you weren't with each other 24/7 and that you were all off doing something separate from each other at some time during your cruise.

Of course it does matter what "older" means.[/QUOTE]

Older means 10, 17 and 20.... Only one would have been allowed in....they all dine in fine dining restaurants...it is my responsibility to make sure they behave appropriately and they do....and no...we don't take vacations with our children to spend Any time away from them...we both work and treasure every moment we have with them....even more now that one has left home for college....

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD before it ruins all my excitement about cruising in a GS.

I have been following this thread because it is horribly addictive but also, initially, because I am the parent of a three year old boy about to take my first cruise in a GS.

We booked the suite because it was a good deal. The benefits which attracted us most with the enhanced in room dining (great for port days) and the CL.

I am usually a confident traveller and have been away many times with my son since he was 12 weeks old. Many other threads on here serve to inform and build enjoyment about upcoming trips. All this one has served to do is make me feel unwelcome in the CL, paranoid about any outbursts my son might have and concerned that my abilities to parent will come up to some fairly impossible standards. I really get that you don't like the decision to allow my family access to the lounge but please stop making this all so nasty.

Please don't tar all parents with the same brush, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. If you Consistently look for bad behaviour in children you will find it.

[quote name='Cshgrand']PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD before it ruins all my excitement about cruising in a GS.

I have been following this thread because it is horribly addictive but also, initially, because I am the parent of a three year old boy about to take my first cruise in a GS.

We booked the suite because it was a good deal. The benefits which attracted us most with the enhanced in room dining (great for port days) and the CL.

I am usually a confident traveller and have been away many times with my son since he was 12 weeks old. Many other threads on here serve to inform and build enjoyment about upcoming trips. All this one has served to do is make me feel unwelcome in the CL, paranoid about any outbursts my son might have and concerned that my abilities to parent will come up to some fairly impossible standards. I really get that you don't like the decision to allow
my family access to the lounge but please stop making this all so nasty.

Please don't tar all parents with the same brush, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. If you Consistently look for bad behaviour in children you will find it.[/QUOTE]

Please don't let the rantings of some here get you worried about your cruise. RCL wants you and your family to enjoy the CL. You have paid for this perk. Many of the complaining D+ on this thread have been extended an invitation to enjoy the CL and are now complaining. They will reap what they sow. Their complaints will get them ousted from the CL.

[quote name='Cshgrand']PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD before it ruins all my excitement about cruising in a GS.

I am usually a confident traveller and have been away many times with my son since he was 12 weeks old. Many other threads on here serve to inform and build enjoyment about upcoming trips. All this one has served to do is make me feel unwelcome in the CL, paranoid about any outbursts my son might have and concerned that my abilities to parent will come up to some fairly impossible standards. I really get that you don't like the decision to allow my family access to the lounge but please stop making this all so nasty.

Please don't tar all parents with the same brush, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. If you Consistently look for bad behaviour in children you will find it.[/quote]

This thread doesn't need to be locked.

You merely need to fight your addiction and stop reading it.;)

It isn't about your child as much as it is about adults having a mere few hours to relax..have a few drinks..and socialize with adults, sans children.

You sound like a reasonable parent and I have no doubt that if your son has an "outburst" you would probably remove him from the CL.

"Many of the complaining D+ on this thread have been extended an invitation to enjoy the CL and are now complaining. They will reap what they sow. Their complaints will get them ousted from the CL."

I believe that those who were extended the "invitation" were being rewarded for achieving a certain status on RCI. Much like the "invitation" to use the CL, by suite guests, was a reward for paying the price of a suite ticket.

RCI may decide not to reward D+ any longer and make the CL a place just for suite guests. That is their call. I believe if they decide to make that move it will be because of $$ and not because D+ "complained".

Archived