New to Princess and unfamiliar with ships layout

Mar y Sol

Hello All,

Have been on the Princess Website and it's hard to tell whether you can get to the splash pool and hot tubs from the Sanctuary on the Grand. Am thinking treating myself to the Sanctuary and was just wondering. Thanks.

Hello All,

Have been on the Princess Website and it's hard to tell whether you can get to the splash pool and hot tubs from the Sanctuary on the Grand. Am thinking treating myself to the Sanctuary and was just wondering. Thanks.

If you are referring to the Spa pool and its hot tubs, they are down a few steps from the Sanctuary exit.

Picture below shows the Sanctuay at the top and the pool and hot tubs on the deck below

1200904443_01412_22.09LotusSpapoolandSanctuary100_8516.jpg.0ccce98d2cd07b23202486f3e65766d1.jpg

I think when they said 'splash pool' they probably meant the spa pool, not the kids splash pool nearby.

Maybe they have children and were thinking of the splash pool. Perhaps they wanted to know how far it would be to go check on them. :confused:

Hello All,

The sanctuary, on the "sports deck 16" surrounds the spa pool and spa pool hot tubs, which are open to all adults, not just sanctuary customers. The spa pool & hot tubs are one deck down from the sanctuary, on the "sun deck 15".

The splash pool and hot tub on the same deck as sanctuary are part of the children's area. Now, its been a LONG time since we were on Grand in 2001, so it may have changed since then, but when we were there, the splash pool was a whale shaped pool, a few inches deep, and if I recall correctly, the hot tub was inside the "fenced off" teens deck area, for "teens only". The youth and teen center are right below on deck 15.

Hope that helps!

When we first booked Princess it was a gift from my wife and I to ourselves for having fought the big fight against cancer.

While I lay in bed recouperating and anticipating I found the same as you, I just couldn't figure out what was what on the ship in so far as public rooms were concerned.

As a project to occupy my time I prepared an interactive deck plan of the Caribbean Princess where you can go to any deck and just hover your mouse over any of the rooms and either a photo or a panorama will appear showing you exactly what it looks like.

You can see it by clicking here

Please let me know if you find this useful. I hope so.

When we first booked Princess it was a gift from my wife and I to ourselves for having fought the big fight against cancer.

While I lay in bed recouperating and anticipating I found the same as you, I just couldn't figure out what was what on the ship in so far as public rooms were concerned.

As a project to occupy my time I prepared an interactive deck plan of the Caribbean Princess where you can go to any deck and just hover your mouse over any of the rooms and either a photo or a panorama will appear showing you exactly what it looks like.

Hi this is AMAZING!! I demand you immediatly book on the grand and do the same so i can see my ship before i sail lol Thankyou :D:D:D

Thanks for sharing this!! You have done a wonderful job!! It looks just like HOME to me!!!

Thank you. If you explore a bit, you will find 3D photos of CB as well.

Anytime someone wants to take me along, I would be glad to do a version for any cruise ship! And my panoramas and 3Ds are getting better so the next version should be better.

OP, nothing really to add, I think you have your answers from other posters.

wilfros, what a great job displaying the public areas. Congratulations on conquering cancer...it is quite the battle. Wishing you continued good health.

(I had to smile when I got to the library.)

Thanks 3D wilfros and all who answered my question, very helpful :D

Archived