Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

People on another web site are suggesting ABC should find a job on DWTS for Carson such as replacing Brooke.:D

I could see him coming back as a special reporter next season. I found him entertaining with his backstage stuff.

I would have liked Brooke's dress better in another colour that didn't match her skin tone so close.

Carrie Ann's was interesting.

No idea why...but the blonde woman dancer in the Troop bothers me more each week. I didn't enjoy watching her dance with her partner, but liked Val and Petra's bit.

OK this isn't really fashion related , but doesn't it hurt the professional dancer when they whip their head back and forth so hard , it looks like they just snap them back and forth, it looks painful.

So if you dancing ladies would explain that one , I would appreciate it. Oh and don't they ever get dizzy. ?? I know probably silly quesions, sorry.

Cori

I am sure you all will disagree with me but my opinion is that of all the dancers left I think that Hope is the worst. I will even rate Chaz dancing last night above hers. She gives Max nothing. Clearly he is holding her up, no balance or posture effort on her part at all. Her leg width, foot action and grace is horrible. I find it painful to watch her.

I agree with you. She stomps around as if killing cockroaches and she looks as if she's going to topple over at any second. But I could see voting for her to keep Max on the show...:p

Well since you asked about if it hurts to whip your head back and forth...I will address it. Much of what you are seeing in ballroom dance is in fact an illusion and done properly, no it does not hurt at all.

This is where balance and body awareness plays a big part. You head is lined up drectly to your spine, your spine lined up to your hips, your hips to your legs. So when you see these sharp head movements or large shapings it is the entire body that is creating it, and your head and neck is fully supported by all of the body parts underneath it. A lot of counterbalance is used so the pro would shape thier body in the exact opposite direction of the shape or head whipping that you see, creating this illusion. The feeling is a wonderful stretch and it feels great, no pain involved!!

It does take years to learn how to stack or line up your body. I am sure the stars do end up with a pretty sore necks as they try to mimic the look. I went through tons of pain before I was able to grasp the concept.

We use spotting to prevent getting dizzy. You focus on something in the room up until the very last second before the spin occurs and then immediately find a new spot after the spin... Nope dont get dizzy at all!!

Well since you asked about if it hurts to whip your head back and forth...I will address it. Much of what you are seeing in ballroom dance is in fact an illusion and done properly, no it does not hurt at all.

This is where balance and body awareness plays a big part. You head is lined up drectly to your spine, your spine lined up to your hips, your hips to your legs. So when you see these sharp head movements or large shapings it is the entire body that is creating it, and your head and neck is fully supported by all of the body parts underneath it. A lot of counterbalance is used so the pro would shape thier body in the exact opposite direction of the shape or head whipping that you see, creating this illusion. The feeling is a wonderful stretch and it feels great, no pain involved!!

It does take years to learn how to stack or line up your body. I am sure the stars do end up with a pretty sore necks as they try to mimic the look. I went through tons of pain before I was able to grasp the concept.

We use spotting to prevent getting dizzy. You focus on something in the room up until the very last second before the spin occurs and then immediately find a new spot after the spin... Nope dont get dizzy at all!!

Thank You for taking the time to explain this to a non dancer. Now I will watch more carefully to see if I can pick that up in the form of the dancers. Good information .

Cori

Monday, October 24, Broadway Theme: We see Brooke in a black sequined and gorgette gown with a wrapped peek-a-boo bodice. This gown has potential and is feminine and not so tight as some of Brooke's usual outfits. The skirt is softly gathered.

Brooke's hair is in a smooth pony tail on one side of her head. The long pony tail hangs over one shoulder.

The bodice has an interesting design of wrapped strips that crisscross in the front leaving spaces for see through fun for the guys.

Loved Kym's yellow dress. Hope just doesn't look like a sensuous dancer. She still just stomps around. But Maks is a total jackazz. He does nothing but backtalk, and I'm getting tired if his ego. Personally, I would have no problem if they didn't have him back again. He treated Hope like crap and I get really peeved by Maks' attitude. I can't believe Maks had the balls to say "This is my show and I made it what it is.". What an obnoxious idiot! I have the feeling Len, who's the head of this show, and it's creator, will have something to say about Maks' comment. It's NOT his show and he has NEVER made it what it is.

I just don't get the stupid crocheted poncho rig Hope Solo was wearing for her dance tonight. It slipped and slid and covered up many of her dance movements. I also agree with Len that the boots were awful and hindered her dancing. Too bad the audience booed Len because he was so right.

They just announced that next Monday they will have a two-hour Halloween show with costumes. I remember they did that once before and I really enjoyed it.

Maks is royally POed tonight about the judging. That reminds me of the time Derick Hough blew his cool about the same thing.

Ok, Love Carrie Anne's dress. I don't hate Brooke'sdress, but I don't love it either. I like that it is flowing and soft for a change, but the amazing thing to me is that the cutout on Carrie Anne'sshoulder is classy, while on brooke's dress they just look a little cheap.

Oh My Gosh!!!!! I can't believe Maks said what he said to the judges! WOW! There is no way Hope is going to make it into the finals, but I still think she is better than Nancy and Chaz. I am tired of the voters who vote for reasons other than dance ability. I LOVE Maks, but Hope just isn't getting it done.

Love, love, love Kristin Chenowith's little strapless ruffled cocktail dress. That would be a hit on any cruise ship.

I absolutely agree that Nancy Grace, Chaz and Hope are the the least likely to make it to the finals. It doesn't much matter in which order they leave the show.

I had predicted Hope would actually WIN the show, but that was before the very first show of this season. It was apparent very early that she doesn't have musicality and I'm not sure she has respect for dancing. Sometimes her attitude toward learning dance steps seems lacking. Maybe dancing seems silly to her. I can't really define her problem.

So many beautiful dresses on the show tonight--and some that could actually be worn on cruises, depending on age and figure.

I liked Brooke's dress a lot, though I'd have liked it better without the cutouts. Finally, something elegant and flowy. Carrie Ann's dress was gorgeous; wish I could have seen more of it.

I liked Kym's yellow dress too, and a couple others were nice.

Wow, Maks needs to get an attitude adjustment, I can't take his ego. It's his show and he made it what it is? Um, no. I wouldn't miss him at all if he was gone. And 'The judges are judgemental'?? huh? Isn't that what judges do?

All the dancers seemed improved to me, but the judges sure didn't agree.

Love, love, love Kristin Chenowith's little strapless ruffled cocktail dress. That would be a hit on any cruise ship.

I absolutely agree that Nancy Grace, Chaz and Hope are the the least likely to make it to the finals. It doesn't much matter in which order they leave the show.

I had predicted Hope would actually WIN the show, but that was before the very first show of this season. It was apparent very early that she doesn't have musicality and I'm not sure she has respect for dancing. Sometimes her attitude toward learning dance steps seems lacking. Maybe dancing seems silly to her. I can't really define her problem.

I agree completely. The dress was so cute.

and after seeing the group dance, I'm not so sure that Chaz isn't a little bit better than Hope. I think it is all about the attitude. Chaz is terrible, but he seems to be trying, where Hope just puts her time in to get through it.

Kristin's dress was lovely. I really could see that dress on a cruise.

Did you all notice, during the group dance, Maks was the only man not to wear a shirt......again????? I think he'd be happy if he could dance naked every week. But then again, we might actually see his "shortcomings".

What surprised me was Hope's comment that she had an attitude with the other contestants when the show first started. A very telling comment. I do get the feeling she's not really interested in dancing and is just putting in her time.

I missed the show again...sounds like Maks is being his typical

egotisical self?:rolleyes:....I should say I saw the beginning...saw Nancy dance.

Maybe its me but I think she has improved a bit. But I did miss all the

other fireworks.....so Maks is being rude again? Why am I not surprised?

Over the years he seems to think he is always the best....but has he

ever won?:rolleyes:

Hi, Lois R. I don't recall that Maks has ever won any season of DWTS, but that might have as much to do with his partners as with himself. Last night Len set off Maks, by saying Hope's poor dance was as much Maks's fault as Hope's fault.

I do look at, for example, Lacey, who is partnering with Chaz and Derick who is partnering with Nancy Grace. It does seem on the face of it that Maks has more raw material to mold with Hope than Lacey and Derick have with their partners, but somehow it just looks like Nancy Grace and Chaz have invested more heart and soul into this contest.

Maks has a lot of pride and does not take kindly to Len's sharp criticism. He really blew up last night. I think he wants to win, but is frustrated by Hope's clumsy performances. That rig she wore last night did both Maks and her a huge diservice. Why or why was she given a stupid dance outfit like that? The more she danced, the more it stretched. :eek:

I can honestly say that I hated Brooke's dress Monday night.

To me it was like an expensive sparkly cutout bathing suit that you don't swim in and then someone sewed a cheap gathered satin skirt on it. I didn't think the top and bottom went together and the cutouts were too small to make a statement.

I loved Carrie Ann's dress top, her cutout was part of the design and still classy.

Lacey's gown was very pretty, but I always wonder if they are trying to hide her partner's legs when the skirt is overly full.

Kym's yellow dress was very pretty. Kinda cool that they gave her Grease since she and Olivia Newton-John/Sandy are Australian.

Nancy looked pretty good to me in her dress and she seemed to have fun with the dance. Brooke was unfair with the questions to Tristan after though.

Hello all....I don't usually post in this forum because I'm more interested in the dancing than the fashion but did notice a few outfits last night. I really liked Lacey's dress and thought she looked very elegant and feminine. So very different from how she usually wears. While I am not a fan of Nancy whatsoever, also thought she looked fabulous. The dress suited her making her look slim and it was nice not to see spillage over the top of her outfit. She even looked very young.

Rob is just boring and while David is hyper, he is fun to watch.

Bruno was quite unnecessarily rude in his comments to Chaz and between Lacey's comments to Chaz in rehearsal and the judges comments, he looked defeated. Too bad he didnt leave last week after more positive comments but it is time for Chaz to go and also Hope. Too bad they both can`t go at the same time. My first comment to DH during Hope's routine was that someone made a mistake not putting Hope in heels for the rumba. She has been heavy footed from the get go and the flat boots didn't help her nor did her outfit. It seems highly doubtful that she can be transformed into a wonderful dancer. I think that JR and Ricki deserve to be the top two - it is pure pleasure to watch them.

Looking forward to tonight's Broadway presentation.

Just my two cents worth.

Sandy :)

is there hope for the rest of America??

Watching and listening to Rob is like watching paint dry. Is David on Speed?

Hope is a world class athlete and I respect her for that, but, she'll never be a dancer and nor, she has found out, does she want to be.

It would help, however, if she didn't have to try to Rumba dressed for a Tractor Pull.

Chaz needs to go, he can't move and never will although God knows he's tried. He was sitting a lot in the group dance. Nancy works hard, but again is lacking in ability.

JR & Lacy are good; I've learned to repect what Derek can bring out in his partner as long as I don't have to like him

Do you ever wonder if Mak's dust up with Len is written in the script, and what about the female heckler sitting behind Len giving him the thumbs down all the time and booing.

Carson was funny, although he makes my hair dresser look like Sylvester Stallone!!:D

That rig she wore last night did both Maks and her a huge disservice. Why or why was she given a stupid dance outfit like that? The more she danced, the more it stretched. :eek:

When I saw Hope's get up last night, I thought it was a costume from Flashdance, but I didn't think that was a Broadway show. The dropped shoulder and the flat boots looked more like something from Flashdance. And you're right, it did nothing to help their dance. I can see a costumer getting a kick in the behind from Maks on that one.

Archived