Fall 2011 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

KandCsailing

Tom Boooogeron is in balck with a purple tie.

I wonder if the Kardashian brother knows that Kim has announced her divorce today.

Even the band is in costume! The judges' faces are green!

It is amazing how wigs totally change a person's appearance. I love how David Arquette's daughter is always so enthusiastic about his dancing. She is adorable.

Carrie Ann is so cute tonight. Wait until you see her. Bruno said something to her that was censored, but she took it well.

I don't like the black wig on Brooke with her fake bake tan. The dress is OK and more covered up than her usual standards.

I thought David's dance was one of his best, and I love how his daughter is so obviously a daddy's girl. BTW, I would kill for Kym's body. It's the best of any dancer. A bod I will never have.

So, did anyone think Kim's wedding was the real thing? I always thought it was nothing more than a staged event by the family to make money. What I don't understand is, who watches their shows and why are they making so much money?

I don't like the black wig on Brooke with her fake bake tan. The dress is OK and more covered up than her usual standards.

I thought David's dance was one of his best, and I love how his daughter is so obviously a daddy's girl. BTW, I would kill for Kym's body. It's the best of any dancer. A bod I will never have.

So, did anyone think Kim's wedding was the real thing? I always thought it was nothing more than a staged event by the family to make money. What I don't understand is, who watches their shows and why are they making so much money?

I would kill to look like Kym too ( and be her age again!!!!)

Was Kim Kardashian's wedding real? Is anything she does real? Actaully, I can't judge because I have never, ever watched that show and didn't watch the wedding. I did give the marriage a year and, wow, did I misss that estimate or what? Seventy-two days? Is that a record?

Karina's outfit, a white skeleton, is stunning. The design is pure genius. I adore it. She and JR are dancing a tango to GhostBusters. It is hard to tango to this song because it is ill-suited to a tango.

She was gorgeous! (as usual)

Tristan is one hot devil too!, and I`m looking forward to Maks as maybe a wolfman.

I thought Brooke was maybe channeling Kiss of the Spiderwoman.

She was gorgeous! (as usual)

Tristan is one hot devil too!, and I`m looking forward to Maks as maybe a wolfman.

I thought Brooke was maybe channeling Kiss of the Spiderwoman.

Yes, Tristan was super cute in that outfit. I still suspect women vote for him, not Nancy Grace and that is why she is still on the show.

You could be right about Brooke's costume.

Team Tango group dance: Men so cute in strait jackets. Len is being his usual unpleasant self.

Team Paso has really cute ghoulish costumes. Wow! That dance looked far superior to Team Tango's dance. But I'm not a really good judge. Whoa, the judges thought so too.

I hope you all had a fun Halloween. The best thing I saw today was two folks in the shopping center walking together. One was a fabulous Elvis Presley--really surprising-- and his companion was an awesome Marilyn Monroe in the ivory chiffon dress with the skirt that blows up in the grate breeze. Waht a pair!

It's hard to say much about the dresses tonight as they are mostly so costumey, given the Halloween theme, and really couldn't be worn on a cruise without lots of alteration (maybe Riki's dresses?), but it was fun to see them.

I thought most of the dancers did a good job tonight, especially since some of the music did not fit the dance styles at all.

Brooke had an Elvira-ish look going with a touch of Cleopatra thrown in. The black wig is too severe. I like the red wig on Nancy.

Is Kim the Kardashian who just got married in a big splurge? I can't keep them apart, bu the whole thing is farcical. I must say Rob seems more like an ordinary guy, at least; almost normal, which can't be easy in that family.

I love to see David's little girl too. I must say I think he would be exhausting to live with if he is always that hyper.

Smooth, thank you for your explanation of 'real' judges. I wonder why they didn't try to get more qualified judges (besides Len); oh, wait, of course I know they need people who can do 'show biz' and present well on tv.

Justin Beiber is a guest tomorrow. I'm not a big fan, but I know young girls adore him.

You don't have Beiber Fever, for shame! ;)

I will watch to support my fellow Canadian, but since I'm over 40 I'm always a little bit distressed when I find myself singing along when an adult clothing store is playing one of his songs on the speaker system.

It's hard to say much about the dresses tonight as they are mostly so costumey, given the Halloween theme, and really couldn't be worn on a cruise without lots of alteration (maybe Riki's dresses?), but it was fun to see them.

I like the colours and textures in the Paso group dresses the best. I seemed to remember Ricki's had quite a bit of coverage.

You've got the right Kim in mind. I think Rob would be happy if they all just stayed home and let him be in the spotlight by himself for once. All the girls are big media whores to me. Whenever Khloe shows up she can't resist yelling at Len. I don't watch their shows, will never but their clothing or perfumes and I didn't watch Kim's wedding.

I would kill to look like Kym too ( and be her age again!!!!)

Was Kim Kardashian's wedding real? Is anything she does real? Actaully, I can't judge because I have never, ever watched that show and didn't watch the wedding. I did give the marriage a year and, wow, did I misss that estimate or what? Seventy-two days? Is that a record?

All of the morning talk shows were talking about the divorce. Most seemed to be of the opinion that this "wedding" was nothing more than a staged event to make money for themselves and E Network. They also said that this whole thing would ruin the Kardashian brand as people realize that this family is nothing but fake.

What really hacks me off is, the whole idea of crapping on marriage, just for money. If young girls are stupid enough to look up to any of these Kardashian girls, they're letting them believe that marriage is nothing but a big party and not something that is taken lightly.

BTW, I think Nancy will be gone tonight.

Anyone else watch the body language of Maks and Hope when the judges were talking about their dance? It really was interesting. Neither Maks nor Hope made eye contact with Len or Bruno despite the fact that they were complementary to their dance. I have the feeling there's real bad blood between all of them. Wouldn't be surprised, nor would I be angry, if Maks got fired. His ego is way beyond nasty.

Team Tango group dance: Men so cute in strait jackets. Len is being his usual unpleasant self.

Team Paso has really cute ghoulish costumes. Wow! That dance looked far superior to Team Tango's dance. But I'm not a really good judge. Whoa, the judges thought so too.

Team Paso was far better, but consider that it's a man's dance as the women are merely capes, so you had two pros and Rob. Rob walked when he should have marched, but it wasn't enough to screw it up.

Trying to dance a Tango to Ghost Busters should have gotten JR a pass just for doing it. I did hear the German Chicken Dance at a Texas BBQ this past weekend, and immediately thought of DWTS.:)

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-season-13-halloween-night/

I actually liked the Brookebots frock if that counts for anything. Are Stepford Wives missing a cast member??

Team Paso was far better, but consider that it's a man's dance as the women are merely capes, so you had two pros and Rob. Rob walked when he should have marched, but it wasn't enough to screw it up.

Trying to dance a Tango to Ghost Busters should have gotten JR a pass just for doing it. I did hear the German Chicken Dance at a Texas BBQ this past weekend, and immediately thought of DWTS.:)

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/dancing-with-the-stars-season-13-halloween-night/

I actually liked the Brookebots frock if that counts for anything. Are Stepford Wives missing a cast member??

I thought the Ghost Busters song for the tango was very strange. Also, a couple of others didn't fit the dance; one reason I think Nancy looked out of step was that that song was so darn fast, even for a jive. Whew! Who chooses these songs and do they know what dance the stars have to do to them?

The Chicken Dance is a staple at weddings around here, but I don't know if it's the same as the 'German Chicken Dance' you are referring to.

I'm hope, hope, hoping young girls or 20 somethings are not looking up to the artificial Kardashian clan as icons, but then finding good role models in Hollywood takes some looking.

I guess Brooke's gown wasn't too bad, but it looked kind of like something you'd buy at a local store for a Halloween costume.

I thought the Ghost Busters song for the tango was very strange. Also, a couple of others didn't fit the dance; one reason I think Nancy looked out of step was that that song was so darn fast, even for a jive. Whew! Who chooses these songs and do they know what dance the stars have to do to them?
It may well be a song you have never heard before, but if it has correct tempo you know that you can dance it well. This can happen on occasion in Latin music, but even in Latin there are ballroom standards that all dancers love.

Here is what I was able to find about the music aside from it s--ks!!

Q: The songs on “Dancing with the Stars” are so bizarre sometimes. How are they chosen? —John

A: According to an ABC spokesperson, the dance pairs do not get to choose the songs they dance to, nor can they even choose from a list. Production staffers work up a list of songs with rhythms that (according to them) fit a particular style of dance, and try to get rights to use said tunes on the show. If they aren't granted rights, the song can't be used, no matter how well it might fit the particular style of dance.

Show staffers then assign an approved song to each couple as that dance comes up on their schedule. The couples do, however, practice to the assigned song — it's not as if the first time they hear it is on the dance floor on performance day. (The very similar FOX show "Skating with Celebrities" recently announced that its skating couples don't choose their own music either — on that show, the judges pick the tunes.)

If we had to guess, we'd say "Dancing" wants a mix of tunes that may be unfamiliar to the audience but that fit the dance in question, and easy-on-the-ear pop songs that viewers will recognize. They also seem to hand the weirder, more modern songs to the younger dancers.

The staffers obviously have never danced in their lives!!

The Chicken Dance is a staple at weddings around here, but I don't know if it's the same as the 'German Chicken Dance' you are referring to.

It is, and was brought over from Europe in the 70s. It's popular here in TX at German, Polish and Czech weddings. It's right in there with the Macarena on my jukebox in hell!!:rolleyes:

I guess Brooke's gown wasn't too bad, but it looked kind of like something you'd buy at a local store for a Halloween costume.

The only difference is a couple of thousand dollars!!:)

I you are recording this show, be aware that the ENTIRE first half hour is a Shrek animated feature.

Fortunately, my TIVO knew that.

I figured that tonight's show was crafted to get more votes, so I dutifully picked up my cell, home and office phones and dialed 18 votes for JR. I thought he did a terrific job, especially since the tempo was so odd for a tango.

Poor Nancy Grace. She must have really gotten somebody in wardrobe mad at her. I like her as a redhead, though.

(What tempo, Captain? A tango! Where is that from?:D)

I really loved all the wigs! They were really fun and yes, Nancy should be a red head... She looked cute!!

My hat off the Karina for dancing in that thing! There was so much material floating and flying round her I dont know how she danced in it!

I agree with everyone that the paso group was better than the tango group but both were good, the paso just better. I think a lot had to do with the fact that Derick was the chorographer, he is great at that. But Len's comment that the solos in the tango was disaster was again way off the mark. They were done well just not as well as the paso.

Lens comment to JR that the tango is the easiest dance because it is all heel leads just made me laugh.... Are you kidding me, having to recreate energy with everyone of thoes heel leads is what makes the dance one of the hardest. Although JR danced a good Tango I think Ricki out did him with her Paso.

I am not sure what is going on with Hope and Max, but I dont think it is just Max, she is just as nasty to him as he is to her. Perhaps just a personality conflict, but not a good situation. I liked when Derick took it on to help her in the group practice... Was nice!!

Again have no idea who will go home tonight, the good are close and the not so good dancers are close as well. My personal choice to go home would be Hope.... LOL but I have been saying that for weeks

It may well be a song you have never heard before, but if it has correct tempo you know that you can dance it well. This can happen on occasion in Latin music, but even in Latin there are ballroom standards that all dancers love.

Here is what I was able to find about the music aside from it s--ks!!

Q: The songs on “Dancing with the Stars” are so bizarre sometimes. How are they chosen? —John

A: According to an ABC spokesperson, the dance pairs do not get to choose the songs they dance to, nor can they even choose from a list. Production staffers work up a list of songs with rhythms that (according to them) fit a particular style of dance, and try to get rights to use said tunes on the show. If they aren't granted rights, the song can't be used, no matter how well it might fit the particular style of dance.

Show staffers then assign an approved song to each couple as that dance comes up on their schedule. The couples do, however, practice to the assigned song — it's not as if the first time they hear it is on the dance floor on performance day. (The very similar FOX show "Skating with Celebrities" recently announced that its skating couples don't choose their own music either — on that show, the judges pick the tunes.)

If we had to guess, we'd say "Dancing" wants a mix of tunes that may be unfamiliar to the audience but that fit the dance in question, and easy-on-the-ear pop songs that viewers will recognize. They also seem to hand the weirder, more modern songs to the younger dancers.

The staffers obviously have never danced in their lives!!

It is, and was brought over from Europe in the 70s. It's popular here in TX at German, Polish and Czech weddings. It's right in there with the Macarena on my jukebox in hell!!:rolleyes:

The only difference is a couple of thousand dollars!!:)

I much prefer the song selections on "So You Think You Can Dance." Another thing I like is that the name of the song and the artist is posted on screen at the start of the dance.

On DWTS, an orchestra and choir perform the music live while on SYTYCD, the music is often the original recorded music. The advantages and disadvantages of a live orchestra and choir make DWTS dance music selections quite different from SYTYCD. I really do think that whoever chooses the music on SYTYCD does a far better job of matching coreography to dance style and music.

November 1, 2011: Results Show:

Brooke is wearing a tight black heavily beaded or sequined dress to welcome teen-agers heart throb Justin Beiber. Brooke's hair is curly, parted in the middle, and worn down on her shoulders. (I swear Bieber is hitting some flat notes. )

Brooke's dress is sleeveless. The neck is scooped, but not quite as revealing as some of her previous dresses. I still haven't seen the skirt. I suspect the dress is mid-calf length because the simplicity of the bodice might not be right with a full length gown.

Archived