I got kicked off the panel!

ABSCruiseLuvers

I am still on the "panel", only for the last six months. Got the next survey a couple days ago. It requested that I rate how important certain amenities might be to me in preparing for my "dream" cruise...such as being able to order special *romance* packages, unique excursions, being able to pre-order tickets to attend special events (it didn't really specify what these events would be- and even asked for suggestions on what activities I would find attractive.)

James,

Your sayonara was awfully nice- as Walt said they must have found your contributions to be quite valuable! :)

Hi Steve! Long time no hear from! :)

What are you doing looking for liquor stores in Long Beach, huh? ;)

Just watched "Finding Neverland" tonite- a bit of a sweet tearjerker, but you-know-who made it heavenly.

Your cruise is coming it VERY soon! Bet the family can't wait.

Yeah, guess we will be cruising at the same time- we leave 4/23 and back 5/11.

Always nice to see your messages pop up- bet you are creating havoc on the Princess boards!! You be GOOD now.

I think the invite resulted from taking a cruise and/or joining the Captain's Club, and being part of whatever demographic they wanted. In my case, that demographic is a 30-something, married female with a small child who had cruised on at least two other lines before Celebrity. Not sure if they wanted targeted demographics or a wide-ranging balance.

The invitation came via email, so you also have to have giventhem your email addy.

HTH,

Friday

And I received an email last night asking me to do a survey. Maybe I replaced you!;) It was on places you'd like to visit (Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, etc). It was interesting.

Garry

I am still on the panel and got the survey about Tahiti and Australia/New Zealand last night. It also appears they are trying to decide which way to go with Celebrity as they asked questions about feelings about different hotel and vacation companies such as W and Club Med.

I had no experience with the hotel types they mentioned so I found it hard to answer. I figured they were trying to decide which way Celebrity should go, but I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it.I guess Club Med would mean casual and drink inclusive, Virgin was one of the choices and I don't even know what that refers to, except..... well isn't there a Virgin Atlantic Airline?

I just knew you guys would pick up on that one right away!

Other than THAT, what significance does Virgin have with vacations? OK Ok I guess I will never get a straight answer here! Maybe that question on the survey was for the guys......their dream vacation?

It makes sense. I'd think they would want some "new blood" for in-put. After someone has been on a panel for 2 years, it's time for some new opinions. As they change their onboard experience, if you haven't sailed for say, a year, you would not be a good candidate to comment on something that was implemented say, 6 or 8 months ago. Don't know how many people are on the "panel", but it would make sense to every month,remove 5%, add a new 5%, and then any one panel member would be on the panel for apprx two years.

Archived