9-1-11 Thursday Weigh_In...It's a Special Day!

Belle

Do you know what day it is by the way

Of course it"s weigh-in day

But it's another important day I must say

It's my Birthday

Already been celebrating but what the hey

Drinks, food, wine and playing cards all day

Tomorrow dinner out and some romantic play

It's my Birthday

Sunday with the "kids" eating by the bay

It's my Birthday

So I'm giving the scale a week off with pay

It's my Birthday

Happy Birthday Belle-I hope you have a great birthday and weekend! :)

Rose-hang in there-I know how it feels when you work hard just don't see the results sometimes!

I am down 3.4 this week-which is good because I was going to have to hurt someone if I wasn't down this week!

Good luck everyone! I hope everyone has a great week! :)

Happy Birthday Belle ... hope you have a wonderful birthday bash!! No dancing men this year :rolleyes:

I seem to be up 2.8# ... some is just temporary, I think. We've had a week of eating and drinking too much ... my DS & GS & SO were at my house for 3-4 days as they had no power due to Irene. We spent lots of time talking with good food and drinks. It was very enjoyable, but time to get back on track.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and unfortunately I am still diabetic ... keep hoping that diet & exercise and meds will get the level down, but it doesn't seem to be working .... everything else was really good though.

Have a great day all. Jan

Hello All,

Belle, Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great weekend of celebrating.

My birthday is Sunday, Sept. 4th. My last b-day in my forties, blah.

We're going on a wine tasting weekend (not good for the scale but hey you have to have fun).

I lost 1 lb. this week. I'm down 5 lbs. from Spring. I just need to squeeze out a few more before my cruise in October.

Sorry some of you are up. Jenn you did very well. Congrats.

Have a nice day. Diana

Diana - My birthday is the 18th --- only its my last birthday in my 50's :eek:

I am starting to "get into wines" ... and am always looking for recommendations ... I like merlots and some sweeter ... but not what I call sour wines ... Enjoy your birthday and the wine tasting weekend. Jan

Diana and Jan knew you were "special people"

you have Sept. Birthdays! LOL

I know all the rest of you are Special too!

But us Sept. babies have to stick together!

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!

Had a good time, yesterday, today/night

..ate too much of course! One more

thing Sunday, then I better get going on

eating better.

Diana..Have a great birthday wine tasting.

Hope you remember it!lol

Where is your cruise to in Oct.?

Jan.. What are you doing on your birthday?

You still have time to plan. Sorry your family was

without power, hope that was all. Nice they had

a place to stay. You were nice that weight gain

doesn't count. Sorry numbers didn't go down for

being Diabetic. Hope they will soon.

Rose..I know, it gets to us when we don't lose.

Sounds like it should be so easy but it's HARD!

Our bodies just don't work like we want them to.

Don't give up!

Jenn..Great loss for the week. What did you do?

Anything special/different? Keep it up.

Everyone have a good holiday weekend. Extra day there.

How nice!

Diana, have a great birthday. I wish that I was having a birthday in my forties. Like Jan, my birthday in October is my last one in my fifties. I still feel like 25 though...what's up with that?

Jan, in case I don't remember, I want to wish you a very happy birthday also.

Rose

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I keep wondering how I got to my late forties. I don't feel like I should be here.

Honestly I feel like I'm 30.

Happy Birthday to all of us September people.

Belle, in October we're flying to Rome, spending a few days (not in Rome, going out to the countryside in Orvieto). Board our ship are go to Greece, Turkey and Egypt. Should be quite interesting.

Have a nice long weekend to everyone. Diana

Jenn..Great loss for the week. What did you do?

Anything special/different? Keep it up.

Thanks Belle-I just walked more than usual and was really strict with the dieting. I have more to lose than most people here I think and I just restarted my diet so in the beginning I have better than normal losses, but I will say this time around my results aren't as big as previous times I have dieted. So I am trying to crack down and really stay strict until the cruise. I will be bad for the cruise and then go back on track because I don't want to be saying the same things next summer of oh I really need to lose weight-blah blah blah! Enjoy the rest of your birthday celebration! :)

I was wondering what sort of diets everyone is following-if it's Weight Watchers or some other program? Just curious.

My diet is really just eating healthy and cutting back. I use sparkpeople and put in all the food that I plan on eating during the day and then check to make sure that I am eating enough protein/carbs/etc. My diet makes sure that it takes into concideration both choelestrol & diabetes problems. Also I have to watch out for sodium as I have high blood pressure too.

I think I've gotten to the point that I know how many calories are in just about everything. I eat lots and lots of vegetables. Jan

Hello everyone

Happy birthday Belle and Diana and soon to be Jan.

Had a good week considering the aniversery celebrating over last weekend. I stayed the same.

I think I've gotten to the point that I know how many calories are in just about everything. I eat lots and lots of vegetables. Jan

Jan this is where I am as well, although if I do not write it down it tends to be lost in the day and all of a sudden I am past my daily goal.

Still a big believer in sparkpeople.com and can tell a huge difference when I use it to my advantage.

My DW and DD are rocking out to Jimmy Buffett downstairs right now :cool:. I found an old VHS tape of his 1985 concert tour, the year I met my wife.

My diet is really just eating healthy and cutting back. I use sparkpeople and put in all the food that I plan on eating during the day and then check to make sure that I am eating enough protein/carbs/etc. My diet makes sure that it takes into concideration both choelestrol & diabetes problems. Also I have to watch out for sodium as I have high blood pressure too.

I am pre-diabetic and trying to avoid becoming diabetic-my doctor told me weight loss will eliminate the pills I take (I Hope). I also have high blood pressure-but that is genetic, weight loss will still help that though. I have a tough time as I hate most fruits and vegetables. So I struggle a lot with those. I just joined sparkpeople recently do you find it helpful?

Hello everyone

Happy birthday Belle and Diana and soon to be Jan.

Had a good week considering the aniversery celebrating over last weekend. I stayed the same.

Jan this is where I am as well, although if I do not write it down it tends to be lost in the day and all of a sudden I am past my daily goal.

Still a big believer in sparkpeople.com and can tell a huge difference when I use it to my advantage.

My DW and DD are rocking out to Jimmy Buffett downstairs right now :cool:. I found an old VHS tape of his 1985 concert tour, the year I met my wife.

Hi Joey-great job on staying the same-especially with a big celebration! Did you ever do weight watchers or do you just find writing down what you eat to be very helpful????

I am pre-diabetic and trying to avoid becoming diabetic-my doctor told me weight loss will eliminate the pills I take (I Hope). I also have high blood pressure-but that is genetic, weight loss will still help that though. I have a tough time as I hate most fruits and vegetables. So I struggle a lot with those. I just joined sparkpeople recently do you find it helpful?

Jenn - It sounds as if you are taking control of your health ... congratulations. I think that trying to control becoming diabetic is wonderful ... I'm not sure how old you are, but the older you get the harder trying to be healthy becomes (and harder to lose the weight) ... I will be 59 on the 18th and the weight doesn't seem to want to come off the way it did before. But I also know how much more important it is to get the weight off.

I do find sparkpeople helpful, as it keeps me on the straight and level for my food intake. As Joey mentioned, measuring is very important, it is much easier to "cheat" even when one knows the number of calories if measuring isn't actually done. (I've noticed that with my cereal in the morning).

Do you have a support system? I use these boards for mine (I'm sure that Belle has really heard me whine over the years :eek:) But I really find that I need other people that understand what I'm going through. The boards on sparkpeople can be used also ... I've joined a few different groups. My family "tries" to support me and they do a good job, but its much easier for them to look the other way when I want to eat a cookie, etc.

One of the best things that I have done for myself is to go to the local gym 3-5 times per week and walk and walk and walk. I have a trainer once per week for one hour ... she is my biggest supporter and my biggest critic and she really keeps me on my toes --- I'm sure I would have given up many times if it wasn't for her. (She's about 5'0" tall weighs about 110 and doesn't have an ounce of fat on her)(its not fair!:rolleyes:)

I think I need to get back to work ... all the best, Jan

... I just joined sparkpeople recently do you find it helpful?

... Did you ever do weight watchers or do you just find writing down what you eat to be very helpful????

Jenn,

Everything that Jan says.

I find sparkpeople very helpful. There is a lot of good information there plus helpful people.

I did try weight watcher long ago and found it helpful at first, but I did not get the "aha" moment from it like from sparkpeople. This is not a quick fix thing, it is a life change and a life choice. I now pay attention as to what I choose to eat and when. I do let my self go at times but then it is right back to it.

If you like the food channel, Alton Brown, had an episode, "Live and Let Eat", http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBJpmz1oduE , where he talked about his change. It was very good and I have used information from that episode.

Archived