Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

I am a travel agent who benefited from the 123Go promo. I have other clients who wonder if this will be repeated later this year or next? Any guesses?? Thanks1

Guesses?? My Guess would be that a repeat in the current year would be unlikely. I'm not sure if Celebrity would want people to think they could count on this coming up often or on a regular basis. But that is just a guess and no one knows for sure.

There are four of us on the drinks package so is it possible that we would get wine by the bottle for dinner?

Possible? - Well the post above shows it is possible. But I think it is unlikely and not something you should count on.

Edited by Lsimon

Just back from 14 day and 7 day cruises with Premium Package. Both of us on same package. First couple nights at Dinner, difficult to find wine "by the glass" that we liked. After 2 nights it was obvious to us that we wouldnt be happy with "wine by glass" choices and obvious to Sommeliar that we would drink 2/3 glasses each per meal. So we asked if we could choose from the "by bottle" range which contained more wines that we knew and liked. Provided that in the range of $35- $50-, they were happy to provide a bottle instead of several glasses.

We have tried most of the wines offered by the glass and only a couple would make us happy even at the premium level. Therefore not really considering the packages. If we knew that the sommelier would do something like what you experienced, we would purchase the package. Hopefulley, everyone will keep reporting.

Time will tell....

We have tried most of the wines offered by the glass and only a couple would make us happy even at the premium level. Therefore not really considering the packages. If we knew that the sommelier would do something like what you experienced, we would purchase the package. Hopefulley, everyone will keep reporting.

Time will tell....

Well we pointed out that we would drink more if by the glass as there would be some that we wouldnt drink and therefore waste. He (Sommelier) had to make a call somewhere and after that it was all OK. I couldnt get over how bad the glass wine was, but then I am used to Australian wines and think (rightly or wrongly) that we have the best wines. There was none "by the glass" (Australian) but some by Bottle. Most are Californian wines and I dont like them, but again, that is my taste and I am sure they are good for those used to them.

I guess its worth asking. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Read my posts above.

We traveled with 4 people on the package last year and they left the bottle every time. We also travel just the two of us and over the cruise they get to know you well enough to leave you the bottle then too. That's been our experience but then again I've been accused to be a bit of wino..as they say..you can't buy happiness but you can buy wine and that's kind of the same thing! :)

My husband & I purchased the premium drink package, we are so glad we did. Can't wait for our celebrity silhouette cruise 03/03-03/10/13. See you on board. We will be at the connections party. Can't wait for that warm weather we are from Mich. :)

If I wanted the alcoholic drinks package, would the other 21+ year old in my cabin have to buy a drinks package too? That is how it works on Royal, and its unfortunate.

No. Celebrity doesn't have a restriction like that

Recently changed: all passengers traveling in the same cabin must have the same drink package.

Recently changed: all passengers traveling in the same cabin must have the same drink package.

That is incorrect. The only time that all must purchase is with the recent promotion of 123. If one person got the package both people had to get the package and both had to upgrade.

Well clarified Kasowell2. And with the title of this thread in mind, the 1-2-3 Go! promo may be the best promotion ever. $1,200 or so on a 14 day cruise with free Classic.

Edited by marieps

That is incorrect. The only time that all must purchase is with the recent promotion of 123. If one person got the package both people had to get the package and both had to upgrade.

Looks like my next cruise may be on Celebrity then. Thank you!

Do you remember any of your cruise? :D

Yes all of it thanks withabix, you just got to spread them out the whole day. Only one hangover and that was after a lighter day....Secret is to take a water drink between alcohol drinks.

Is it possible to buy a drinks package while on the cruise?

My wife and I are travelling on the Constellation next month. The cruise lasts 5 days, with the last two days being sea days. I'm not sure whether it would be worth it to have them for the port days, or whether I could afford it for 5 days in any case. Would I be able to see how the first couple of days go, and if I felt it was worth it, buy a package for the last two days?

Is it possible to buy a drinks package while on the cruise?

My wife and I are travelling on the Constellation next month. The cruise lasts 5 days, with the last two days being sea days. I'm not sure whether it would be worth it to have them for the port days, or whether I could afford it for 5 days in any case. Would I be able to see how the first couple of days go, and if I felt it was worth it, buy a package for the last two days?

You absolutely can buy it mid cruise and it is prorated. The cutoff is two or thee nights left in the cruise, from what I've read. I would check with guest services once you get on the ship and find out what the cutoff is. For your sake, hopefully, two nights. That would be the prefect way to do it with closing sea days.

I don't think this is true. I'm travelling with my sister and 22 yr old niece. My sister and I have the premium drink package (alcohol), my niece does not. She doesn't like alcohol, so we got her the premium non-alcohol package. Absolutely no problems.

I don't think this is true. I'm travelling with my sister and 22 yr old niece. My sister and I have the premium drink package (alcohol), my niece does not. She doesn't like alcohol, so we got her the premium non-alcohol package. Absolutely no problems.

This was explained several post previously, but for those who don't read all of the posts on this thread, then; The confusion here has to do with a requirement for the 123 Go promotion. With that promotion, it's true that both passengers in a cabin do have to take the same promotion if it is the drinks promotion. And if one wants to upgrade to the premium package, then both need to upgrade. There are all kinds of reasons why they might want to pursue this requirement, but I'm not necessarily in favor of it. These are restrictions put on by the promotion.

However, if you are not a part of this promotion, and you book the drinks package otherwise, then the requirement doesn't seem to be present. One person in a cabin can have the package, while another in the cabin is not required to purchase the same package. Or, one person can have the premium package while another in the same cabin may chose to have the classic package.

Edited by Bobby Dee