Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

Thanks for the spread sheet as this makes it very easy to see if you can go with the classic or the premium package. For me classic is all i need not sure about wines for my wife but will show her the list and adjust from there. Can you have one classic and one premium?

Thanks for the spread sheet as this makes it very easy to see if you can go with the classic or the premium package. For me classic is all i need not sure about wines for my wife but will show her the list and adjust from there. Can you have one classic and one premium?

Assuming that your cruise is booked using either the 123 go promo or the pick your perk promo with the included classic package, the "official" policy is that both of you would have to upgrade and if you did so before your cruise, you both would be charged. But, if you wait until you board and you wish to upgrade your wife, then it can be done for only her. Also, she or you could upgrade at any time during your cruise with up to 3 days remaining and your upcharge (11.50) would be prorated for those remaining days.

I like math but there's a limit. The package is worth it to me because my wife and I can order anything at anytime and not care. That peace of mind makes vacation fun. Then again, when they give you the package for free how can you go wrong?

I agree with this. The convenience of not having to sign for every drink and having what we want when we want is worth a lot to us. We probably drink more water, soda and specialty coffee than we woudl have otherwise.

I agree with this. The convenience of not having to sign for every drink and having what we want when we want is worth a lot to us. We probably drink more water, soda and specialty coffee than we woudl have otherwise.

Same here! We have never really taken the time to "enjoy" cafe al bacio before - as inviting a space as it is! We are very much looking forward to morning coffee with the drink package.

I do think you will cause suspicion, as the computer system tracks exactly how often you order drinks. One of the priceless benefits of the package IMO, is that it allows you to relax and enjoy a variety of beverages. Your plan sounds rather stressful!

Could anyone give me an up to date price for bottled beer I.e Peroni, Budweiser

We just booked the Reflection May 12, 2014 cruise.

I am thinking that the Drink Package is the way to go.

I asked my travel agent about getting the 1-2-3 perks (either beverage package, shipboard credit, or discounted airfare) and didn't get anything - perhaps it was not in effect for that sailing.

So my question is, Is there anyway to get those perks?

thanks!

I asked my travel agent about getting the 1-2-3 perks (either beverage package, shipboard credit, or discounted airfare) and didn't get anything - perhaps it was not in effect for that sailing.

thanks!

I think the current promo is for cruises through April 2014

thanks!

I think the current promo is for cruises through April 2014

The pick your perk promotion is only good through April 30, 2014, and the last Reflection cruise that qualifies is on April 19, 2014 since the east bound transatlantic cruise is not part of the promotion. European sailings that qualify for the program would have to occur before their respective west bound transatlantic crossings this fall.

OK, thanks! I wonder if Celebrity will offer any kind of sale on beverage packages or shipboard credit before the cruise ...??

I am looking to save money if possible, because airfares to Europe seem to be pretty high!

If you upgrade onboard, then yes, you can have the classic and your wife the premium. My husband was fine with the classic from the beginning but I wasn't so sure. I tested it out for a couple of days and decided that was also good for me. I did ask at guess relations if only one person in the cabin could upgrade and was told yes, you can.

I'm wondering if passengers who get the drinks package for free imbibe smaller quantities than passengers who pay for it? I'm sure I'd drink more if I shelled out the cash so as to procure fair value. But when the drinks package is a freebie I've paid nothing and have nothing to lose. I'd be interested in hearing the personal experience of others, particularly those for whom both scenarios -- perk and paid -- apply. I'd be especially pleased if our anecdotal data backed up my hypothesis thereby encouraging Celebrity to roll out my all time favorite 1-2-3 Go promotion again soon.

I'm also wondering how the ship's crew is likely to view the free drinks package? Is it positive-neutral-negative to the tips they can expect from a given customer on a given voyage?

We had the 123 Go free drink package in April and our drink service was amazing. I never felt like anyone looked at it negatively at all, and in fact servers seemed really great with it, and would learn my favourite drink, etc. They obviously didn't know the difference of whether the package was free or not, but either way, you get great service even with the drink package. I never felt like I had to make my money's worth, since it was free, but I think I drank more bottled water and pop then I would have without the package. My martini drinking was about the same as I normally do, even without the package. I loved having the drink package and can't imagine a cruise without it! (but won't likely pay for it as we wouldn't have got our monies worth for sure).

There doesnt seem to be much on Royal Caribbean packages. I dont think they include bottled water & coffee? Anyone know

Tycho cat

When I finally sail on the Quantum, then I might be interested. But why are you inquiring about a detail regarding RCI on the Celebrity boards? I'm sure you can find out the specific answer to your question over there.