Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

1000 responses! And we still have unanswered questions! We take our cocktails seriously, no?:D:p

One of the problems is that people are drinking while they are on the thread and they do not how to use the search this thread tool for the possible answer to their question, so they just post it and hope that someone will give them the answer to the burning question that they have.

Does anyone know if you take the premium package does it include the premium coffee's and such in the royal replenish package? and I am sure after all the posts it was answered but way to many to go back thru. Thank You ahead of time.

Does anyone know if you take the premium package does it include the premium coffee's and such in the royal replenish package? and I am sure after all the posts it was answered but way to many to go back thru. Thank You ahead of time.
You're getting the packages mixed up that each cruise line offers. This is the Celebrity thread and the Royal Replenish that you mentioned is on RCI. If you are looking for information regarding RCI, then their premium does not include the items in the Royal Replenish. Their Premium (55/day), plus the Royal Replenish (20/day)items equals their Ultimate package (65/day). By combining the two packages, you get a 10/day discount. If you're asking about Celebrity's premium package, it is similar to the Ultimate on RCI.

You're getting the packages mixed up that each cruise line offers. This is the Celebrity thread and the Royal Replenish that you mentioned is on RCI. If you are looking for information regarding RCI, then their premium does not include the items in the Royal Replenish. Their Premium (55/day), plus the Royal Replenish (20/day)items equals their Ultimate package (65/day). By combining the two packages, you get a 10/day discount. If you're asking about Celebrity's premium package, it is similar to the Ultimate on RCI.

Thank You

Just got back from 7-day Eastern Caribbean on Reflection. Got the free beverage package & upgraded to Premium. Wow - this IS the Best Deal Ever !! Judging by the list of drinks (with zeros behind them) on our final bill - we drank a lot :) But we hardly ever felt tipsy (unless we wanted to!) because you can spread it out. SO fantastic to get to try so many different drinks with premium alcohol. The Molecular Bar was our favorite - amazing drinks. Just 1 drink from there a day paid for the $10 upgrade fee. I agree - great to just get water, coffee, etc. also & not have to worry about it.

No the glasses aren't included, but everything else up to $12 is, including things not mentioned fresh squeezed juices, energy drinks, soda, smoothies, all specialty coffees. Loved trying out all those martinis.

Who needs the drink of the day when you can have anything you want? We are big water drinkers as well and it's worth it not having to bring our own water or soda onboard with us.

Have fun whatever you decide.

This is what caught my attention, the water. I consume a lot of water both drinking just the water or with powdered Gatorade mixed in (electrolyte problem). Frozen coffee, water, lemon, lime and bitters, a couple frozen drinks or so. Hummm, something to think about. Thanks for the info. :)

• 2 weeks later...
1000 responses! And we still have unanswered questions! We take our cocktails seriously, no?:D:p

Maybe this will help.

We have our first X cruise coming up on the Reflection. It’ll be our 20th cruise overall. We’ve never had a drink package before, and we originally chose the onboard credit. Then we happened to look at the beverage packages. Here’s all of the info that I put together for us to try to figure all of this out-I think it explains everything pretty well. I find the packaging to be pretty confusing. It took a few days of reading to finally understand it better. We are planning to call our ta to switch our 123 Go promo from onboard credit to the beverage packages. Then we also plan to upgrade to the premium which is 11.50 per day per person, and includes gratuities. So that will add $161.00 total for the two of us. Some wines go up to $13 per glass, and they would be included... same with martinis which are $11, as well as beers that are more than $5 such Peroni and Stella, etc. We think it’s worth it to switch from the OBC to the Bev package. We think that we will each drink at least $100 worth during the week, so it seems like a no-brainer not to switch. Then even with one martini a day, it would pay for us to upgrade to the premium. (We’ll basically be trading our $200 OBC for a bev package that’s worth 708.40 including gratuities—that seems like a no-brainer. Then we will upgrade to the premium which will give us a lot more options. Here are the alcoholic packages explained, as well as all of the bar menus. You can use the beverage card anywhere except for room service. The bev package info here is just taken from the X website, and I added the fees at the end. You can find the other beverage info right on the website. JB3

~Classic Alcoholic Package~

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package(In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees and teas, and non-premium bottled water. ) as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise. 49.00 pp/per day-- 354.20 pp/week--- 708.40 USD for 2

~Premium Alcoholic Package~

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package(Enjoy nearly our entire selection of sodas selections on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water.) In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise 59.00pp/per day-- 434.70pp/week-- 869.40 USD for 2

~ http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main Link that shows all bar menus and available beers and spirits and prices. (Thank you, Preisman family!)

& also the menu for Michael’s Club http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf (Thank you too!) ~

[~123 Go! Promo package choices.~

FREE Beverage Packages Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us. Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

FREE Gratuities Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings per stateroom.]

~Terms & Conditions of Beverage Packages~

All prices are subject to change without notice. Please note, prices advertised are for pre purchasing your package online. If you purchase a package once on board, the price will be higher. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout.

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages can be bought on board for the remaining number of nights on a sailing up until there are only 2 nights duration left.

Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold through gift shops, mini-bar, or room service, or the Enomatic® wine dispensing system.

Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by cancelling and reordering the package.

Cancellations or refunds will not be issued on board the ship after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship.

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruise ships is 21, however on ships departing from a port outside of North America the age limit is reduced to 18.

Guests can now take on board the ship, two bottles of wine/champagne per stateroom on embarkation only. If the wine is consumed in a public area, the corkage is $25.

Other terms and conditions apply.

Edited by JB3

Just got back from 7-day Eastern Caribbean on Reflection. Got the free beverage package & upgraded to Premium. Wow - this IS the Best Deal Ever !! Judging by the list of drinks (with zeros behind them) on our final bill - we drank a lot :) But we hardly ever felt tipsy (unless we wanted to!) because you can spread it out. SO fantastic to get to try so many different drinks with premium alcohol. The Molecular Bar was our favorite - amazing drinks. Just 1 drink from there a day paid for the $10 upgrade fee. I agree - great to just get water, coffee, etc. also & not have to worry about it.

We have the classic package but are thinking of upgrading. do you do it through your ta or on once on board? I guess the $11.50 is the $10 plus 15% can one person in the cabin upgrade or do both have to?:rolleyes:

We have the classic package but are thinking of upgrading. do you do it through your ta or on once on board? I guess the $11.50 is the $10 plus 15% can one person in the cabin upgrade or do both have to?:rolleyes:

Same price-pre or onboard. One or both can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
More expensive on board than before

it's my understanding that it costs $11.50 a day ($10 + $1.50 gratuity) NO MATTER WHEN you purchase the upgrade. if you have different info please post your source.

it's my understanding that it costs $11.50 a day ($10 + $1.50 gratuity) NO MATTER WHEN you purchase the upgrade. if you have different info please post your source.

For awhile, it cost more to purchase the package on board, but that has disappeared. The cost of the Premium has increased to $59 plus tip so whether it is purchased before or while on board, the cost it the same. $10 plus tip or $11.50 per day.

Advice? Wait to get on board and then try the Classic for a couple of days to see if that works for you. If not, change to Premium and pay the difference times the number of days left in the cruise. (Note the change can't be made within the last 4 days of the cruise). Enjoy :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this. My husband and I will be going on a cruise for the first time for our 5 yr anniversary when he returns from Afghanistan and have been going back and forth about getting the drink package or not. One question…can you order drinks to be delivered to your room or do you always have to go somewhere to get them and take them back to your room? We were also trying to decide whether to buy a bottle of Makers Mark to have in our room. It's extremely expensive for a bottle but we like the idea of being able to make drinks in our room if they won't deliver one. Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. My husband and I will be going on a cruise for the first time for our 5 yr anniversary when he returns from Afghanistan and have been going back and forth about getting the drink package or not. One question…can you order drinks to be delivered to your room or do you always have to go somewhere to get them and take them back to your room? We were also trying to decide whether to buy a bottle of Makers Mark to have in our room. It's extremely expensive for a bottle but we like the idea of being able to make drinks in our room if they won't deliver one. Thanks!

Wow, I've been married so long I can't remember my fifth year anniversary. And as for Afghanistan, give him a hug and a kiss for all of us for what he is doing (as if you wouldn't have anyway :rolleyes:)

As for the really important stuff ;), you cannot order a drink to be delivered to your room through room service without paying for the drink and providing a tip. Room service is not covered in any drink package. You are right however in that ordering a bar service set up is pretty expensive. I think you would be better off simply stopping by a bar and taking a drink back to your room.

My only other observation is for you to check and see if Makers Mark is covered in the classic package or whether you would have to upgrade. If an upgrade is necessary, it is $11.50 per day times the number of days remaining in your cruise at the time of the upgrade times the number of people who are upgrading.

Edited by mpbmark

Both of you get a drink at one bar at the end of the night. Then stop at another bar, one person holds the drinks, the other person takes both cards and gets two drinks. Then you have a couple for the balcony.

Has anyone had any luck adding this package or the OBC promo to your existing cruise booked under another promo? I booked back in June with an inside to balcony upgrade promo. If I cancel and rebook with the PYP promo, my balcony price goes up about $400/pp. I'd love to get free OBC or drinks, but I don't want to lose the great deal I got on my cabin or the fact that it's a bump cabin with the big balcony.

Has anyone had any luck adding this package or the OBC promo to your existing cruise booked under another promo? I booked back in June with an inside to balcony upgrade promo. If I cancel and rebook with the PYP promo, my balcony price goes up about $400/pp. I'd love to get free OBC or drinks, but I don't want to lose the great deal I got on my cabin or the fact that it's a bump cabin with the big balcony.
You can only get 1 promo....so it all matters whether sitting on your hump balcony is more important than enjoying a free drinks package or not. You could also drop down to an OV and get the free drinks package and then after final payment pay say 100 for the two of you to get a balcony. That's what we did when we went from an OV to a 1C for only 50 pp.

Without the drink package will you have an $800 bar tab or close to it? If the answer is yes then pay the 800 for the package since you can't combine.

Without the drink package will you have an $800 bar tab or close to it? If the answer is yes then pay the 800 for the package since you can't combine.

No - not even close. And to make sure, I added up the bar tab from our 10-day Alaska cruise on Princess last summer. Even if I add in the 2 bottles of wine we brought and the coffee card I purchased, it was barely $300 - for 2 of us ... with 4 days at sea!:eek: Pitiful, I know.:roll eyes: But I do have a fondness for flavored coffee drinks, and since we both like an occasional soda and the plain bottled water is sufficient, and the upcoming cruise will be highly port-intensive, I think we may spring for the classic non-alcoholic package, and pay per-drink for the 2 or 3 drinks a day that we do have.:)

• 3 months later...