Drink Package was best cruise deal ever!

boyerd

Can you have Prosecco, Cava or cocktails like Kir Royale's and Bellini's made with sparkling wine on the Classic or Premium packages please?

On our last cruise they had both Prosecco and Cava at $7/glass so they'd be available under the classic package. The Cava offered was "Anna de Cordorniu" which is very nice for a Cava that isn't too expensive. Never tried the Prosecco. Don't know for certain about the Kir Royale or Bellini although I'd guess they could probably accommodate these under the classic package and certainly under the premium package.

Edited by Lsimon

On our last cruise they had both Prosecco and Cava at $7/glass so they'd be available under the classic package. The Cava offered was "Anna de Cordorniu" which is very nice for a Cava that isn't too expensive. Never tried the Prosecco. Don't know for certain about the Kir Royale or Bellini although I'd guess they could probably accommodate these under the classic package and certainly under the premium package.

Thanks very much Larry. Sounds good to me. :)

We are just now browsing through the cruises with Celebrity - so we missed out on the 1-2-3 special. Does anyone know if this is a once a year offer - or is there a possibility they will offer it again at a later date? Thanks!

We are just now browsing through the cruises with Celebrity - so we missed out on the 1-2-3 special. Does anyone know if this is a once a year offer - or is there a possibility they will offer it again at a later date? Thanks!

No one knows if or when this promotion will come back. Just wait and see.

I think it's been offered 3 times so far this year for different sailings, so hang tight

• 1 month later...
I called Celebrity today was just given the choose your perks package and we are not sailing until May 20, 2014. Not sure where you got the April deadline

The new pick your perk program that you are benefitting from just started again in the last week. This thread was started early in the year when they had a similar promo and at the time they had an April deadline.

I called Celebrity today was just given the choose your perks package and we are not sailing until May 20, 2014. Not sure where you got the April deadline

The new pick your perk program that you are benefitting from just started again in the last week. This thread was started early in the year when they had a similar promo and at the time they had an April deadline.

This is the fourth time that Celebrity has had a similar promotion. The first two times it was called the 1-2-3 Go Promo and it was valid on all cruises that embarked through March 31, 2014. The third time it was the first round of Pick Your Perk and it went through April 30, 2014 and it expanded to include the Choice Air as one of the perks. The new Pick Your Perk round two goes through the end of 2014.

We booked our upcoming Summit cruise during round one and our Silhouette cruise during round two, both times predicated on the fact that the Classic Beverage package is included, which adds tremendous value to the cruise. When this is combined with reasonable rates, it was a very easy decision.

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to Hawaii in November. We have nine sea days out of 15. We feel that the classic alcohol package would work for us - does anyone else have an opinion? We just can't decide.

Only you can decide since there is no one size fits all answer on this.

If you are unsure of it then don't buy the package in advance. The bottom line is that the packages are expensive! I'm sure Celebrity priced them above the average passengers spending level as their goal would be to increase revenues and not to decrease sales. The packages are really best for those who would buy above average quantities of the included beverages and/or those who are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive type experience. I'd recommend starting the cruise just paying for drinks one at a time as you go. Then after you check out the on board prices and your own consumption for a day or more you can still buy a package on board, at a prorated price, if you decide you'd rather have a package. They sell them, and do upgrades, on board until the second or third day before the end of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to premium package yesterday and it's already shown on our Celebrity reservation! $11:50 per person per day including tips so if it goes up once we get aboard it will not matter We figure $161:00 is a real good deal to cover anything we would desire in the beverage department!

Upgraded to premium package yesterday and it's already shown on our Celebrity reservation! $11:50 per person per day including tips so if it goes up once we get aboard it will not matter We figure $161:00 is a real good deal to cover anything we would desire in the beverage department!

If you are sailing an S-class ship, then just one drink per day at the Molecular bar justifies the upgrade! ( I suggest several, they are all so good!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info everyone. We have a classic drink package but after reading everyone's comments, we have decided to upgrade to the premium package. We drink a lot of wine and were not sure if the selections were limited in the classic package.

Donna and Tom.

Thanks for all the info everyone. We have a classic drink package but after reading everyone's comments, we have decided to upgrade to the premium package. We drink a lot of wine and were not sure if the selections were limited in the classic package.

Donna and Tom.

The link below will give you a basic idea as to what is available by the glass in the MDR. YMMV at the bars.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32319628&postcount=2

My husband doesn't drink alcohol any more, I drink Jack & diet and sometimes a margarita. I am not a big wine drinker. Does it make sense for me to stick with the classic package? Husband has it too because I thought we both needed to purchase but he will use it for the non alcoholic drinks, water, coffee etc.

My husband doesn't drink alcohol any more, I drink Jack & diet and sometimes a margarita. I am not a big wine drinker. Does it make sense for me to stick with the classic package? Husband has it too because I thought we both needed to purchase but he will use it for the non alcoholic drinks, water, coffee etc.
First of all, you said that you "thought we both needed to purchase". Did you get the classic package via either the pick your perk or 1-2-3 promotion, or did you actually order it and pay for it with your credit card? If you received it as part of a promotion, then the both of you had to choose that together, but if you're paying for it, you can cancel your husbands classic alcohol package and switch him to either the classic or the premium non-alcoholic packages. You can do all of this ahead of time by contacting the cruise enhancement department at 800-722-5941.

Also, since you're not a big wine drinker and you only drink basic alcoholic drinks, you will be fine with the classic package. The premium package is primarily for those that have more refined wine tastes and like to indulge in the fancy martinis at the martini bar or the molecular concoctions at the molecular bar, since these drinks run 10 and 12 dollars and would not be covered under the classic package.

Thanks SNJ, we did receive it as part of the 1 2 3 perks. We cruise RCCL almost exclusively to this point and you do have to both buy the package with them. We have never done it though because dh doesn't drink and theirs does not include coffees etc. I do think we will be ok with the classic because I would rather have a Jack & diet than a glass of wine and dh gets the occassional O'Douls's if available. Thanks again for your input, it is greatly appreciated. Deb

We received the classic beverage package through the 1,2,3 promotion (I think anyway??) but I inquired about upgrading to the premium and my husband stay on the classic because he only drinks beer. I would probably enjoy a martini every day on our four night cruise. Since the agent explained only both of us can upgrade and not just one I was wondering.... would they give me the credit ($8.00?) towards a martini and I just pay the difference or no? If no, I'll just buy my daily martini anyway :)

We received the classic beverage package through the 1,2,3 promotion (I think anyway??) but I inquired about upgrading to the premium and my husband stay on the classic because he only drinks beer. I would probably enjoy a martini every day on our four night cruise. Since the agent explained only both of us can upgrade and not just one I was wondering.... would they give me the credit ($8.00?) towards a martini and I just pay the difference or no? If no, I'll just buy my daily martini anyway :)

Your TA is wrong, both do not have to upgrade, call cruise enhancements 800-722-5941. Or you can wait to you get on board if you have excess OBC to use

SO... here is the trick. You can get a small martini for 8 dollars. Not the big one that's at the martini bar. We had friends with the package that found all the loop holes. If you play it right, you can get a lot for the regular package. We find, though, that we get a lot out of specialty coffee, special sparkly water, fresh juices, etc. and so it's worth it!!

SO... here is the trick. You can get a small martini for 8 dollars. Not the big one that's at the martini bar. We had friends with the package that found all the loop holes. If you play it right, you can get a lot for the regular package. We find, though, that we get a lot out of specialty coffee, special sparkly water, fresh juices, etc. and so it's worth it!!
Yes....you can get a small martini for 8 that is covered by the classic package. Your choices will be a basic vodka or gin version as well as a cosmo or an appletini, and all will be made with classic level liquors. If you want the larger, fancier martinis with the higher end liquor or if you're on an S Class ship with a Molecular Bar, then you'll need to splurge and spend that extra 80.50 for 7 days of upgrades. What's an extra 80 bucks when you're dropping over 1,000 on your vacation?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie to cruising,and find I am very confused about these drink packages and whether they will save me money in the long run. Not a big drinker but a good coffee or two a day would be nice. I won't say no to the odd cocktail and a couple of glasses of wine at night and maybe a sherry or brandy nightcap. I don't know the quality of the coffee that just gets served with meals, I'm all for free since I've paid my money for something! In wish there was a pack that included both non alcoholic and wine. As a light drinker is it just better to pay as I go. I never thought there was all these decisions, I was naive enough to think I paid my money for the cruise got on the boat. And enjoyed myself. Th e end! I live and learn. And I haven't even thought about shore excursions yet and only a week till I travel. Yikes.