Toiletries on board

IDKaren

I'm thinking your sons use discretion and don't use as MUCH Axe as my brother... :p He has a cloud of cologne following him. I think he's working under the theory that if a woman swoons (due to lack of air) it still counts.

(Yes, he's my over 6 foot tall "little" brother who can benchpress a Volkswagon. But he lives in another state, so I'm safe! :D)

LOL, I bet my 16 year old can give him a run for his money. There's a puff of cloud following him too. The 25 year old isn't as bad. (Love the lack of air comment...it made me LOL) :D

Spa: no shower caps on our last three cruises - but this was in Europe. None in the balcony cabins now. But ask, I am sure they still have them somewhere for those who forget.

Lotion: they will still bring you lotion if you ask, but it is not very good - kind of thin. So you may want to take your own and not worry about it.

I too have colored hair and also not cheap - the shampoo in the shower has been fine, hair still looks the same and hasn't fallen out:D

The body wash and shampoo in the shower and hand soap at the sink get the job done - not of really bad quality. Not enough to bring my own bottles.

(Love the lack of air comment...it made me LOL):D

*grin* Yay! That was the intention!

I hope you love the Spirit! The crew is wonderful! The sushi guys and the concierge and the kids' club are wonderful memories for us.

If you like spicy food, sign up for the $15 Taste of India meal. It takes forever to get through the 20 courses, but it's the best meal on the ship. The executive chef prepares this meal, and you can tell he really adores his native country's food.

And the sushi menu: I don't think there's anything bad on it. Those 2 guys were wonderful and made our kiddo her salmon planks and also offered her chocolate sushi to try and get her eating after her ER visit in Cozumel. Can't say enough about how well they treated her.

And if you need medical care off of the ship on the Spirit's itinerary, COZUMEL. Very good facility, and the pediatrician there is a good man. We tested out their X-ray, ultrasound, and bloodwork machines, and kiddo almost got to try out their MRI. Another kid was in there from RCCL with (diagnosed) appendicitis. Pay in advance for any tests, so bring a credit card with at least $1500 freed up (if you have to go to rule out appendicitis). The Pearl's doctor was touring the medical facility while we were there, which was a bit humorous.

I hope you have a lovely trip and don't need the ER information! *laughing*

*grin* Yay! That was the intention!

I hope you love the Spirit! The crew is wonderful! The sushi guys and the concierge and the kids' club are wonderful memories for us.

If you like spicy food, sign up for the $15 Taste of India meal. It takes forever to get through the 20 courses, but it's the best meal on the ship. The executive chef prepares this meal, and you can tell he really adores his native country's food.

And the sushi menu: I don't think there's anything bad on it. Those 2 guys were wonderful and made our kiddo her salmon planks and also offered her chocolate sushi to try and get her eating after her ER visit in Cozumel. Can't say enough about how well they treated her.

And if you need medical care off of the ship on the Spirit's itinerary, COZUMEL. Very good facility, and the pediatrician there is a good man. We tested out their X-ray, ultrasound, and bloodwork machines, and kiddo almost got to try out their MRI. Another kid was in there from RCCL with (diagnosed) appendicitis. Pay in advance for any tests, so bring a credit card with at least $1500 freed up (if you have to go to rule out appendicitis). The Pearl's doctor was touring the medical facility while we were there, which was a bit humorous.

I hope you have a lovely trip and don't need the ER information! *laughing*

We are definitely going to the Taste of India. I've never tried that type of food before. Sushi...well that's another story. I can't bring myself to try it no matter what. :eek:

Don't jinx me on the medical facilities. I broke my hand on my cruise last year in the first port. Didn't go to the medical facility on the ship. Went snorkeling twice after that during the cruise and waited a week after returning from the cruise to go to the ER...yep broken. :p I'm a tough girl...I'll wait it out. :D

In the suites, there's a whole bunch of stuff ....Elemis products of all kinds ....and Butler can arrange for more of something. In minisuite and below all I recall is body shampoo on the shower/tub wall that could be used for everything....no conditioner. Could be wrong.

You are correct. The lady in the cabin next to us (we were in an aft AC and they were not in a suite) was really bummed that she didn't get conditioner. She was even more bummed how expensive it was in the gift shop. I had packed some trial sizes just in case so I shared with her. But that made me recall that no conditoiner was in regular cabins, including mini suites.

Yuck!

Guys don't use body wash in the shower! Bad enough having liquid hand soap by the sink.

Guess I'll be bringing bars of soap from home. No suite here, :(

Hunky

No need to lug a bar from home, just ask your room steward and one or two will appear. We have a pre-printed list for our room attendent that we give him or her when we meet for the first time. Soap, ice, keep the room cool, etc. Let me know if you want a copy and I will be glad to share.

For some reason, I had a HARD TIME of getting this body wash to lather very well this time. I don't remember it being like that before. You just had to use about 3x's the amount you normally would. But, it worked I guess. I did bring my own bar of soap as well (I have a certain kind I like and wouldn't be able to use those small hotel type soaps).

Archived