Hotel shuttle or cab to Cape Liberty?

kh81828587

We are staying at the Country Inns and Suites on Sept. 14 for a cruise that leaves on the 15th. We got our hotel and parking from Stay123.com but that doesn't include the transportation to the port and then back again. We can purchase a round-trip voucher from the hotel for $35 a person. There are 3 of us. Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to get a cab or reserve a car with someone else? Or would the price really be about as close to the price of the vouchers? If the price would be really close, then it might be better to just get the vouchers and not have to deal with anything else, but if a cab would be a lot cheaper, then saving some money would be better. We have never left from this port before and we don't know anything about the area for distance or anything.

take a cab or car service for about 45-50 bucks...slightly cheaper and you aren't waiting for a crowd...

i use http://www.blackexecutivecars.com and they just quoted me $50 for a town car....i have used them several times...very good, dependable...

(some hotels will call a cab and you'll get a town car type thing anyway...and the price should still be in the 45-55 range give or take, not including tip)

for 3 peeps, def better with a car service.....you can also contact Independent Driver...you'd have to check the cape liberty 4111 thread for the toll free number...unless 138east sees this and posts.....i can't find their number right now....

Independent Driver is 888-816-0973 ext 0 . They will pick up at Country Inns according to other posters. It's $40 for up to 4 people + tip. You can leave between 10 and 10:30 am to be among the first to board the ship. The CI shuttle will leave a lot later and you will arrive at a more busy time.

Contact Hilton Garden Staten Island. On our last cruise out of Cape Liberty we stayed there for $230 total and that included parking for our vehicle on the premises for the duration of the cruise as well as shuttle to and from the port for 4 people. The shuttle is a school bus so it isnt the most confortable ride but its only about a 10-15 minute commute. The luggage is loaded in a separate van that follows you.

Just wanted to confirm the suggestion for a private car service. We did this a few years ago, stayed at your exact hotel (it's great, you will love it), and the front desk arranged for a car service to pick us up. I don't know who it was but she charged us a flat rate of $50.00, plus we tipped her $10.00. She knew a short cut, and it was great. :)

$35.00 x 3 people plus tip is too much to pay for a transfer, IMO.

Contact Hilton Garden Staten Island. On our last cruise out of Cape Liberty we stayed there for $230 total and that included parking for our vehicle on the premises for the duration of the cruise as well as shuttle to and from the port for 4 people. The shuttle is a school bus so it isnt the most confortable ride but its only about a 10-15 minute commute. The luggage is loaded in a separate van that follows you.

I will be staying at the Hampton Inn which shares the shuttle to the port with Hilton Garden Inn. I have a family of 5. I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

Did you reserve your spots in the bus ahead of time?

What time did you get to the port?

Did they make more than one trip?

If so, do you have a choice on what time to go?

How about the trip back to your car?

Did you have to wait around for very long?

Sorry for so many questions! I have a compulsive planning problem. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I will be staying at the Hampton Inn which shares the shuttle to the port with Hilton Garden Inn. I have a family of 5. I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

Did you reserve your spots in the bus ahead of time?

What time did you get to the port?

Did they make more than one trip?

If so, do you have a choice on what time to go?

How about the trip back to your car?

Did you have to wait around for very long?

Sorry for so many questions! I have a compulsive planning problem. Thanks in advance for your reply.

1/ Yes, they have a number of departure times that you can reserve by calling the hotel directly. They do not start taking reservations until about 6 weeks pre-cruise date if I remember correctly but call to confirm and definitely book in advance.

2/I can't remember the exact time but I am guessing about 12:30

3/Yes

4/Yes, provided you reserve soon enough as they only take a certain number of passengers per trip.

5/The trip back is the same, you make a reservation for a return shuttle at the same time. I think 10am was the first time slot.

6/Yes we had to wait around for probably 45 minutes but it was not the fault of the hotel. We expected to have to wait in line at customs for a long period of time but they processed the passengers quickly so we got through in no time.

BTW, contact Hampton for the reservation but I think that it is handled at the Hilton Garden so they may forward you to them.

Hope this helps.

A HUGE thank you for the questions and answers on the shuttle for the Hampton Inn!! This is just the info I was looking for, I was a little worried because I did not find anything on the web page for this hotel about the shuttle service..You guys are the best!!

2 more weeks and I will be calling to secure our shuttle spots...

Bev

1/ Yes, they have a number of departure times that you can reserve by calling the hotel directly. They do not start taking reservations until about 6 weeks pre-cruise date if I remember correctly but call to confirm and definitely book in advance.

2/I can't remember the exact time but I am guessing about 12:30

3/Yes

4/Yes, provided you reserve soon enough as they only take a certain number of passengers per trip.

5/The trip back is the same, you make a reservation for a return shuttle at the same time. I think 10am was the first time slot.

6/Yes we had to wait around for probably 45 minutes but it was not the fault of the hotel. We expected to have to wait in line at customs for a long period of time but they processed the passengers quickly so we got through in no time.

BTW, contact Hampton for the reservation but I think that it is handled at the Hilton Garden so they may forward you to them.

Hope this helps.

Thank you SO MUCH! This really helps! I will be sure to contact the hotel about 6 weeks before our cruise. We want to try to get the first shuttle.:D

Archived