Barcelona day tours

winncruiser

Have you used this company and are they good? We are flying into Barcelona the morning that we board the ship. I have contacted Barcelona Day Tours about picking us up at the airport at 9:00 a.m., taking us on a four (4) hour tour of the city and dropping us off at the cruise terminal around 1:00 p.m. They are charging us 120 eu per person and want us to prepay on my credit card 50 eu. Just wondering if they are good and reputable or do you have any other recommendations? Thanks for your comments.

winncruiser

Have you used this company and are they good? We are flying into Barcelona the morning that we board the ship. I have contacted Barcelona Day Tours about picking us up at the airport at 9:00 a.m., taking us on a four (4) hour tour of the city and dropping us off at the cruise terminal around 1:00 p.m. They are charging us 120 eu per person and want us to prepay on my credit card 50 eu. Just wondering if they are good and reputable or do you have any other recommendations? Thanks for your comments.

winncruiser

We used Barcelona Day Tours in 2010 but did it in reverse. We were picked up at cruise ship terminal at the end of our cruise - toured - and then were dropped off at our hotel in Barcelona. We had a wonderful driver and were very pleased.

But, the 120eu per person seems a little steep. Probably because of the pick-up at the airport, but still a little steep. At the current conversion rate that's almost $180 per person. I can't remember exactly what we paid but it was nowhere near that amount.

And, I know its not usually done in Europe, but I don't think its unreasonable to ask for a deposit.

Are you sure about the price? We used them this summer, we also were on the Carnival Magic. They did the transfer from the airport to the port, and when we got back, they picked us up at 9.00 hrs and we had a tour of 4 hrs, he dropped us off at the airport around 13.00 hrs.

The transfer from the airport was 69 dollars for 5 persons (total) and the tour of 4 hrs and transfer when we came back was 59 euros per person.

We also prepaid the same amount, and they were good I must say. But the price you got doesn't seem right, although it probably is a little more, since you have 4 persons, and we had 5 persons.

I should have said that it's only for two of us...so 120 eu per person is 240 total, which if I had more people would not sound like so much...so I guess that's what they charge for pick up at airport, four hour tour. and drop off at cruise ship...so 240eu is basically $400 or $100/hour, which I guess is the going rate. Glad to hear those of you who used them were happy with them.

I should have said that it's only for two of us...so 120 eu per person is 240 total, which if I had more people would not sound like so much...so I guess that's what they charge for pick up at airport, four hour tour. and drop off at cruise ship...so 240eu is basically $400 or $100/hour, which I guess is the going rate. Glad to hear those of you who used them were happy with them.

Perhaps you can recruit others from your roll call to join you on your tour? We have three couples (all arriving BCN at 9:00 am), and have arranged 10:00 am pickup by Barcelona Day Tours. 4 hour city tour, then drop off at hotel. Price is 59 euro pp.

winncruiser

We had a group of four for I believe 69E each, which included Armando (great guide) a van for all of our luggage, pickup at cruise terminal, four hour tour of the city (we saw quite a lot), then delivery to our respective hotels (two different). It was well worth the price considering we could not check into our hotels early.

Here is what they quoted us:

For your shore excursion in Barcelona we can offer you a private tour with:

* Personal pick-up from the Barcelona Port

* Personal drop-off at your hotel at the end of the tour

* Complete flexibility during the tour (start time, length of stay in each place, modification to our suggested itinerary, restaurant visit if wanted, etc)

* Luxurious new minivan with luggage space

* Personal driving-guide - lovely gentleman with good English

The price for this quality trip is only 69 Euros per person for a half day 4 hour tour. This price includes your own driving-guide, transportation, petrol, toll roads, parking, and all taxes. The price does not include entry fees which are not needed with the normal itinerary. During the tour we will visit all the highlights of Barcelona (including La Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, National Palace , and much more!) and you will have time at each of the sites to explore the places and take photos. This is a great way to discover Barcelona and I am sure you will be very happy with your decision to travel with us!

The tour did not include a visit inside Sangrada Familia, so we went back to see the inside, and it was well worth the second visit.

We have a port pick-up with four hour tour for 6 people and drop off at our hotel booked with Barcelona Day Tours. The coast we got was 59 euros pp with a 50 euro deposit. We also have a transfer on a later date booked for 6 from hotel to airport 79 euros total paid in full. We have never used them before but the reviews that I read on Tripadvisor and Cruise Critic were really good also Romeinlimo also referred them to us.

I was on a cruise to Barcelona and made some short interesting moving musical slide shows.

See my 'Las Ramblas Walk' which includes some of the 'live statues.'

HERE: http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0288-4b6a-8c27?ln

You will also find some other of my Spain moving musical slide shows via a link on the page at the top (after title and my name.)

[St. Joseph's Market and Sitges Spain]

Gary Hayman (LeVoyageur)

Archived