Advance Tickets for La Sagrada Familia and Barcelona Day Tours

Babakay

We have booked a post tour (8 hours) with Barcelona Day Tours after our Carnival Magic cruise. They will pick us up at the port and then at the end of the tour drop us off at our hotel in downtown Barcelona. We want to visit the interior of the church but they cannot pre reserve tickets for a specific time. I know that that can be done from our end (not sure why they can't do it?) We are a party of 5. We will leave the ship at 830am on Oct 8 and I think the church opens at 9am. Does any one have an idea whether we will have to stand in line for a long time if we don't have a pre reserved entrance ticket?

We have booked a post tour (8 hours) with Barcelona Day Tours after our Carnival Magic cruise. They will pick us up at the port and then at the end of the tour drop us off at our hotel in downtown Barcelona. We want to visit the interior of the church but they cannot pre reserve tickets for a specific time. I know that that can be done from our end (not sure why they can't do it?) We are a party of 5. We will leave the ship at 830am on Oct 8 and I think the church opens at 9am. Does any one have an idea whether we will have to stand in line for a long time if we don't have a pre reserved entrance ticket?

I highly recommend getting advanced tickets.

We just got back from our Med cruise. We spent a couple days in Barcelona before the cruise. We tried to go to the church on our first day. I have never seen such a long line. It was by far the longest line of our whole trip. We went back to our hotel and booked tickets for the next day, right when they opened.

It was a good decision, as we were able to walk right in the next day. There already was a long line to get in, if you did not prebook your tickets.

I highly recommend getting advanced tickets.

We just got back from our Med cruise. We spent a couple days in Barcelona before the cruise. We tried to go to the church on our first day. I have never seen such a long line. It was by far the longest line of our whole trip. We went back to our hotel and booked tickets for the next day, right when they opened.

It was a good decision, as we were able to walk right in the next day. There already was a long line to get in, if you did not prebook your tickets.

Since we have to choose a window of time (9:00 to 10:00 or 10:00 to 11:00) to book advance tickets, do you know if you get there before or after your window of time if there is a problem entering outside your window of time? Our ship is supposed to dock at 8:00am and I am thinking we can make it by cab no later than 10:00, but you just never know. Thanks!

We have a half day Barcelona Highlights tour booked with Barcelona Day Tours. I emailed them this morning to see what would be the best time to get our tickets for as we want to go there first thing in the morning. He told me that we would get tickets once we get there and when I told him I wanted to pre-purchase on line he said that the advance purchase "are only available to large groups and for private tours with less than 10 people, we really have to go through the queues." We are a group of four, so I'm a bit confused. After all I've read about the necessity of pre-purchasing these tickets on line, I don't want to get there and wait forever. Any advice would be appreciated.

We have a half day Barcelona Highlights tour booked with Barcelona Day Tours. I emailed them this morning to see what would be the best time to get our tickets for as we want to go there first thing in the morning. He told me that we would get tickets once we get there and when I told him I wanted to pre-purchase on line he said that the advance purchase "are only available to large groups and for private tours with less than 10 people, we really have to go through the queues." We are a group of four, so I'm a bit confused. After all I've read about the necessity of pre-purchasing these tickets on line, I don't want to get there and wait forever. Any advice would be appreciated.

You do not need to be a large group, or, a private tour to pre-purchase tickets. There were four of us, and we booked our tickets ahead of time, with no problem.

I would not try to get tickets when you arrive, you may end up waiting all day, unless we just happen to have hit it on a really bad day.

Since we have to choose a window of time (9:00 to 10:00 or 10:00 to 11:00) to book advance tickets, do you know if you get there before or after your window of time if there is a problem entering outside your window of time? Our ship is supposed to dock at 8:00am and I am thinking we can make it by cab no later than 10:00, but you just never know. Thanks!

I do not know if you would have a problem entering if you arrived before, or after your scheduled time.

I know when we asked them about prebooking, the time they recommended was right when they opened at 9:00.

We did a tour with Barcelona Day Tours back in May for 12 of us, of which 8 wanted to go inside Sagrada Familia. Upon arrival at Sagrada Familia, we went to a separate line which was for groups only. We went straight to the front of the line, purchased our tickets (cash only) and were in the gates 2 minutes later. Yes there were long lines however the tour company bypassed them. For us we had not pre-purchased tickets and it worked great with Barcelona Day tours. Not saying not to do it, just that they were able to get us tickets very quickly.....

Interesting. That would be fine, but that's not what they are telling me now. He said that we really "have to go through the queues" - unless we were a large group or private party. I'm hoping that it won't be as busy in mid-October, but I think that I'll still pre-purchase.

We were told the same thing from Barcelona Day Tours. They can only pre purchase tickets for groups. I am thinking maybe they can only be pre purchased from outside of Spain? Otherwise they would be able to do so (or should be able) We are on the 8 hr tour and they discouraged us from going inside the church saying most people are disappointed and preferred the outside tour. I thought going inside was supposed to be very interesting. We definately want to go inside so will try to purchase on line.

We did a four hour BDT and went back to Sagrada Familia later. The lines were long, but moved fast. Still, if you didn't have advance tickets, then you would lose valuable time with BDT waiting.

You don't want to miss the inside of the church, it is special.

I do know that you can buy advanced tickets through servicaixa dot com but I keep getting an error message. Has anyone gotten through and actually purchased their tickets for October?

I have run into the same problem with the error message. Any suggestions from anyone?

B. Cole

I have run into the same problem with the error message. Any suggestions from anyone?

B. Cole

I haven't booked yet since you can only book tickets one month in advance and I don't need tickets until November. However, I was able to access the site and get as far as paying for the ticket. Tickets are on sale up to October 23rd. I used this site:

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/infoTarifesInd.php

Don't click on this link: Buy your ticket at the ticket office or in advance through ServiCaixa. Instead go to the bottom of the page and select the yellow link on the bottom right side of the page--Advance Tickets. That should take you to the correct site. Hopefully that will work for you.

I haven't booked yet since you can only book tickets one month in advance and I don't need tickets until November. However, I was able to access the site and get as far as paying for the ticket. Tickets are on sale up to October 23rd. I used this site:

http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/infoTarifesInd.php

Don't click on this link: Buy your ticket at the ticket office or in advance through ServiCaixa. Instead go to the bottom of the page and select the yellow link on the bottom right side of the page--Advance Tickets. That should take you to the correct site. Hopefully that will work for you.

I have gone as far as put in credit card number, etc. and hit "purchase ticket" which is when I get the message that "your purchase may not have been confirmed." Scary to keep trying with the credit card information!

B. Cole

We just returned from our cruise and highly recommend seeing the inside. We did the HOHO bus which drops you right outside the church. We did not have tickets and waited in line only 10 minutes or so. Moved very quickly. We went in the afternoon (approx. 2:00) which was suggested to us. The only long line we saw was for the elevator.

I have gone as far as put in credit card number, etc. and hit "purchase ticket" which is when I get the message that "your purchase may not have been confirmed." Scary to keep trying with the credit card information!

B. Cole

Bummer. That is good to know. I agree that it is scary to keep trying with the credit card information. You might have enough tickets for all the passengers on your cruise :-)

I'm going to try it around October 10th which is when it will open up for tickets for November 10th. Thanks for the feedback.

Archived