MIllennium In CoZUMEL

storm1of4

Yes, the International pier the worst pier in Cozumel. This is where all the RCCL ships dock. IF you do not want to take a cab downtown, the best thing to do is to walk off the ship, go outside the gate, take a right hand turn and walk a couple blocks to the new Puerto Maya Pier (Carnival Pier). Great restuarants (Panchos Backyard) and tons of shopping compared to the flea market atmosphere at the International Pier.

Interesting. I was on the Century in January and we docked right downtown and we were surrounded by RCCL ships. It was a great location. If you are looking for a fun shorex look at Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas. It was so much fun.

Well you were not "Downtown", the pier downtown is Puerto Langosta in the town of San Miguel and it is not big enough to be surrounded by ships unless they are anchored and ferrying. These days NCL uses this pier.

When I was on Century in May 2010 we were at Pier Langosta I suppose it was because the Senor Frogs was almost across the street....and Puerto Maya was way too far away to walk. Then this past January on Eclipse we were at the International Pier and did just walk a block over to 3 Amigos which has the best margaritas IMHO.

So does Celebrity now use only the International Pier?

On all of our crusies to Cozumel, we've never docked downtown. Well, at least since the hurricane hit it in 2005 and the piers were all rebuilt afterwards. It has always been a short cab ride into town.

If you look at Google maps you'll see two piers just south of town. The first one is the one RCL/Celebrity uses. If you zoom in on this Google Map photo you can make out the Freedom of the Seas (or one of its sister ships): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=san+Miguel,+cozumel&hl=en&ll=20.489899,-86.93121&spn=0.072039,0.132093&sll=20.493597,-86.940651&sspn=0.070027,0.132093&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=14

Wow rolloman - Whatever it is called we were at the pier by Senor Frogs and the big market place and there were at least 3 other ships docked there too. And Helen Haywood I agree about the 3 Amigos. I love that place. They have really good fish tacos too and not nearly as crowded at Ponchos Backyard. Lovely place to watch the sea and ships and people.

Century may be able to use the pier downtown, but the OP was asking about Millennium, and I believe that you will find her at the International Pier while calling on Cozumel

International Pier? is that where th Oasis docks? I am even more confused after reading the posts.....Last Feb we docked (Oasis) and took a cab ride into town. I Noticed carbival and celebrity ships at a pier across the street from Palalermas (spelling). going to meet parents at the Millennium when they dock in Cozumel... thought it would be nice to be there at the ship when they get off.

Anybody back recently from Milly who can definitively answer this?

The Millenium has sailed Alaska all summer...we are onboard for the Panama Canal cruise (it finishes in Miami on October 4th) , but unfortunately...no stops in Cozumel for your update :o

Archived