Is there any way to be one of the first people to disembark?

aidansaunt2004

We are going on the dream 9/10-9/17 and we have a fairly early flight (12:30 pm) on 9/17. We were told by the shuttle company that we need to be off of the ship by 9 am, so I called Carnival. I was told there is no way to speed up the process and we will have to self disembark (we always do). The problem is that when we normally get off of the ship it's already close to 10 am. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Would speaking to guest services the night before help speed up the process for us? :confused:

We are going on the dream 9/10-9/17 and we have a fairly early flight (12:30 pm) on 9/17. We were told by the shuttle company that we need to be off of the ship by 9 am, so I called Carnival. I was told there is no way to speed up the process and we will have to self disembark (we always do). The problem is that when we normally get off of the ship it's already close to 10 am. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Would speaking to guest services the night before help speed up the process for us? :confused:

Self debarks will be the first offf. You should not have a problem getting to the airport (assume you mean MCO) andgetting through security for a 12:30 pm flight. I think last year we were there before 11.

You self debarked and carried your own luggage and still didn't get off until 10am:confused:. That's about the time they are sweeping the ship for stragglers. You should be able to be off the ship by 8am if you get up early and carry your own luggage, no problem.

Wow...we have done self-disembark and just early disembark and have never been that late getting off the ship.....:confused:

The latest I have ever left PC is about 8:30 and that is after waiting on the hotel shuttle at the port to take us back to the parking lot there.

I believe if you go to guest services with an early flight, they'll give you zone one, which I think gets you off sooner than self-assist. I'm sure more people know for sure...

Yep, they'll give you Zone 1, but that for those who are not self assisting.

I agree with others, you should be able to be off the ship in plenty of time.

If your still concerned, just outlaw it and get to the lobby when they make the 1st call for self assist. Once they start, they won't turn you away and there's really no penalty for trying.

We had this same problem the last time we cruised when Expedia changed our flight out to 9:40 am. We went to guest services and showed them the email stating the change. We were told to self assist and basically hit the lobby as early as we could. It turned out that we were not the only people with the same problem or some sort of problem. On the final morning we were late getting in and then US custums held up the ship for about an hour. I think we got off the ship around 8:45, ran through the terminal, we are no Americans so we don't need to declare anything until we hit the Canadian border, begged a cabbie to floor it to Miami Intl and then ran for our lives. I never want to experience that ever, ever, ever again. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack.

My long winded point was that the staff there in the morning didn't seem to know what was going on and frankly didn't seem to care. They kept trying to make the 20-30 of us move to the theatre. I love Canival and this was our issue so I'm not blaming anyone. Because this happened last time, we booked a hotel for the night that we return on our next Cruise because I don't want to play "what time will I get off the ship" ever again. We will spend an extra day in Barcelona.

So.... go down early with your luggage and don't listen to anyone who tells you to go to the lounge or some other area. Just plant yourself down by the doors and refuse to move.

You self debarked and carried your own luggage and still didn't get off until 10am:confused:. That's about the time they are sweeping the ship for stragglers. You should be able to be off the ship by 8am if you get up early and carry your own luggage, no problem.

No kidding. Getting off the Magic in Barcelona at 7:00 and we watched from the Lido as the self-debarks were getting off around 5:30. We had docked at 5:00 am

Archived