Barcelona Hotel

easy spirit

Which hotels (around 3*, 4* tops) are near Plaza Catalyna. We are going to be dropped in that area after a post cruise tour.

I mean walking distance to the hotel, few meters, able to easily walk with a piece of luggage each.

Important..... If possible .... NOT in a coobblestone street.

Placa Catalunya is the main square of the city and there are TONS of hotels in that area!

Right ON the square is the Hotel Regina and the Hotel Pulitzer.There's also the Catalunya Ramblas and the H10 Catalunya Plaza.

Along the main street that runs above the square called Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes you'll also find more hotels.

On the main street that goes alongside the square,Rambla Catalunya(my favorite st.) you'll find more hotels including the Praktik Rambla and the Onix Rambla.

BTW this is not the same as the touristy "las ramblas".

There are many "ramblas" which are wide pedestrian streets with a lane on each side for cars.

I hope that gets you started.

You can use Google to see maps of all the hotel locations.

Which hotels (around 3*, 4* tops) are near Plaza Catalyna. We are going to be dropped in that area after a post cruise tour.

I mean walking distance to the hotel, few meters, able to easily walk with a piece of luggage each.

Important..... If possible .... NOT in a coobblestone street.

Try Hotel Atlantis (http://www.hotelatlantis-bcn.com/). Maybe 1 minute walk from Plaza Catalyna. Free breakfast and free wifi. Such a deal!

Yes,Jazz is nearby also.

As I said there are TONS of hotels!Too many to mention all of them.

Thanks.... Indeed there tons of hotels.

If my google map search is correct I think the Regina & the Pulitzer are the closest around the plaza. .... Right :confused:

Why would anyone want to stay near Placa Catalunya, I'll never understand. There are nicer, quieter areas within walking distance further up Passeig de Gracia and its side streets.

I would recommend Hotel Europark on Aragó street in the Eixample neighborhood, which is an easy 20 minute walk away from Las Ramblas, four blocks from Passeig de Gracia. Close but also far enough to take a break from the mobs of Las Ramblas. And closer to Sagrada Familia.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d232781-Reviews-EuroPark_Hotel-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Thanks for all the responses.

This is just a night stop over after a cruise.

Have been to Barcelona many times, already have seen must of the important sites around & have stayed in different areas.

At this moment just wanted a clean, nice hotel within steps when we arrive from a post cruise tour & have to wheeled the bags to the hotel ourselves.

My intentions for the afternoon is just walk around Las Ramblas & do some shopping at the Corte Ingles. So... a hotel at Plaza Catalunya will definetely serve my purpose.

• 3 weeks later...
Just stayed at Hotel Jazz for 5 nights. I cannot say enough about this place. WONDERFUL hotel. WONDERFUL location. Could NOT have been better.

Hi! If you took a taxi to/from airport could you tell me how much? Range?:rolleyes:

Also, about how far from port? If taxi? We are a family of 3. Price range of hote?! This would be a pre-cruise hotel next year.

Thanks!

Hi! If you took a taxi to/from airport could you tell me how much? Range?:rolleyes:

Also, about how far from port? If taxi? We are a family of 3. Price range of hote?! This would be a pre-cruise hotel next year.

Thanks!

We took the Aerobus from the Airport to Plaza Universidad (which is the stop 3 blocks before Plaza Catalunya... and the closest to Hotel Jazz). The Aerobus runs 5 euros per person, each way. We did not take a cab. Since this was a land vacation, we did not go to the port.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Our taxi from hotel 1898 in the middle of Las Ramblas for the two of us and luggage was approx $30 Euros to the airport..about the same from airport to cruiseport...and cruiseport to hotel...

The Praktik Hotel (not the Rambla Praktik-the other one on Diputacio street is about a 10 minute walk from the Placa Catalunya. It is a good budget hotel, near restaurants and located in a quiet residential/boutique shop area. It is a short walk to La Pedera, shopping, the Placa and about a 15 minute walk to Las Ramblas. This is a no frills type place, but very clean, comfortable, with helpful staff-very good price. We stayed 2 weeks ago and paid 500 euros, with balcony.

Archived