Please add all-inclusive drinks packages

SuiteTraveler

We were on a group cruise last October and had the Bar Card and are doing another one in January 2013 - it's a good deal for us ....... and budget-wise it was pre-paid so no last morning S&S Surprise

You are very lucky to find a group that will do it.. I have tried but never works:mad:

WeBeCruisin, who often posts on the Breezers Group Cruise thread that you are on, was with us last October and will be again in January 2013...we are cruising with him in February too

Yes we have met him.. and he is not scheduled to be on that cruise... :p:D

For sure, and those cruising just to drink. I don't think that works into the Beards plan of maintaining a 'family friendly' image PR wise.

The package I had on Celebrity included not just alchohol, but also any other beverage I wanted such as Pelligrino water, bottled water, diet Coke, specialty coffees and teas, specialty bottled waters, sports drinks and so on. I found it incredibly easy to get my money's worth everyday and I'm not a heavy drinker. It was also nice to be able to go to the martini bar and try different martini's without worrying I had wasted my money if I ordered something I didn't like and didn't want to drink.

In two weeks, I never saw anyone who appeared overly drunk or unruly on Celebrity, despite this package being offered.

i totally understand.:) But i think the OP is saying, the "option" would be nice. Let the customers choose, that's all.

Choice is always a great thing!:D

Yes I agree the option would be great.. as my hubby doesn't drink more than 2 or 3 Guinness so it is not worth it for him.. but for me it would be a welcome option...;)

If an "all inclusive" drink package was started on Carnival - and it included the coffee speciality shops, bottled water, and soda, then we might consider it for a future cruise. We are not real heavy drinkers (maybe a glass or two of wine at night, two DOD's at the pool, and a drink or two after dinner), so if it was booze only it would be a total waste on us.

we go on a girls cruise every year and our next one we got the all you can drink pkg. I think it is well work it last cruise bar bill was 500 :eek: so ill take the 220 for the 4 days. however with or without the drink pkg there would have been 42 drunk nurses now were just saving some moolah LOL:)

There are occasionally posts on here about people trying to share soda cards. Unless Carnival could come up with some way to prevent this from happening with an all inclusive alcohol package, I don't think this would work out. Unfortunately, there are just too many dishonest people in the world.

There are occasionally posts on here about people trying to share soda cards. Unless Carnival could come up with some way to prevent this from happening with an all inclusive alcohol package, I don't think this would work out. Unfortunately, there are just too many dishonest people in the world.

They do have it. It is just a group thing with a minimum of 30 ppl. It is all or nothing. Everyone in your group has to purchase the card. It is $55 per person per day. We have one booked on an upcoming cruise so it is available. The hardest part is just making sure you have enough people booked so that if anyone cancels you still have your minimum

$55/day is not bad when you consider a bucket of beer is $22 - $25 bucks per shot.. :D

You have to times that by 2. If Carnival does like other lines all members of the cabin would have to purchase package. Sorry if already stated. Did not read whole thread. So that $55 would be $110 aday.

I totally agree that Carnival should offer the package as an option. When I sailed Celebrity, I had their premium package. It was great since it included all types of drinks, with or without alcohol, even freshly squeezed juice in the morning! It was totally worth it since we allways have wine at dinner. When you consider that the lowest priced bottle of wine will cost around $25 and you will be having at least one or two other drinks during the day, hey it's a no brainer for us. There were no outright crazy drunk people either. I also like the fact that there will be no surprises on the account at the end of the cruise. Please, please, Carnival, make this happen.

unfortunately, you would get a lot of novices trying to get that moneys worth. :eek:

All three of my cruises were on Carnival and were part of a group cruise with the AI package. You would probably not notice most of our group in a crowd (except one guy) simply because we have an Open Bar Card. I think I 'got my money's worth' on the first cruise because we had a cancelled port so 3 days at sea our of 7 and the first day was a Packer playoff game which we won, so we drank quite a bit of beer that day celebrating.

The other two cruises I probably did not drink as many drinks as the package costs, but it is worth it to me not to have to worry about the bar bill later as I like bloody mary's in the morning, frozen drinks during the day, wine with dinner and beer during the evening shows. It all adds up quickly even if you barely get a buzz, especially considering all the food available.

Part of my cruise experience is eating good food and drinking good drink. I don't load up either with as much as I can stuff myself with, but I certainly drink and eat more on vacation than I would at home - whether or not I pay per meal or drink. Piece of mind knowing the complete cost of my vacation is worth it to me. Next one is January and I am hoping for a Red Frog Pub on the revamped Liberty to enjoy some microbrew and the fun appetizers like chicken wings and coconut shrimp you don't currently get - even if there is a small cost to those apps.

If Carnival starts offering the drink packages to everyone, I would probably sign up depending on how it is set up. I would not if you had to pick categories such as beer or wine or hard liquor only like had, last I checked. If that is the case, since I like to switch it up, I would probably just set more money aside for beverages. But I can say I never would have cruised if it weren't for the Open Bar Card group cruise because the price of drinks did scare me a bit, especially since it so expensive just for us to get to a port.But now I am a cruise lover!

All three of my cruises were on Carnival and were part of a group cruise with the AI package. You would probably not notice most of our group in a crowd (except one guy) simply because we have an Open Bar Card. I think I 'got my money's worth' on the first cruise because we had a cancelled port so 3 days at sea our of 7 and the first day was a Packer playoff game which we won, so we drank quite a bit of beer that day celebrating.

The other two cruises I probably did not drink as many drinks as the package costs, but it is worth it to me not to have to worry about the bar bill later as I like bloody mary's in the morning, frozen drinks during the day, wine with dinner and beer during the evening shows. It all adds up quickly even if you barely get a buzz, especially considering all the food available.

Part of my cruise experience is eating good food and drinking good drink. I don't load up either with as much as I can stuff myself with, but I certainly drink and eat more on vacation than I would at home - whether or not I pay per meal or drink. Piece of mind knowing the complete cost of my vacation is worth it to me. Next one is January and I am hoping for a Red Frog Pub on the revamped Liberty to enjoy some microbrew and the fun appetizers like chicken wings and coconut shrimp you don't currently get - even if there is a small cost to those apps.

If Carnival starts offering the drink packages to everyone, I would probably sign up depending on how it is set up. I would not if you had to pick categories such as beer or wine or hard liquor only like had, last I checked. If that is the case, since I like to switch it up, I would probably just set more money aside for beverages. But I can say I never would have cruised if it weren't for the Open Bar Card group cruise because the price of drinks did scare me a bit, especially since it so expensive just for us to get to a port.But now I am a cruise lover!

HEAR, HEAR: Well said, indead!

I would be happy if Carnival allowed more than one bottle of wine/champagne per person like Holland America. You can bring on as many bottles of wine that you want on their ships.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this is true of Princess as well. :cool:

I was pleasantly surprised to discover this is true of Princess as well. :cool:

Well, how about that. Now with Princess' new smoking restrictions on board I was planning on booking with them early next year anyway. Seems like a pretty good match for me.

to carnival:

I sailed on celebrity in may 2011 and they are now offering all inclusive drink packages - not just for soda, but for alchohol, too - and in fact every type of drink onboard from specialty coffee and teas to specialty waters. I loved the all-inclusive drink package and would love for carnival to have the same thing! My husband and i were more than happy to pay upfront for this package and to be able to get practically anything we wanted to drink ($12 and under) without worrying about additional cost. I believe that such a program would be of huge benefit to your corporation and to your customers. It makes bar service faster and easier. It's good for the employees (as evidenced by how quick they were to get us any drink we requested) and it's good for your customers.

Who else here wishes carnival had a similar program?

count us in!

Archived