Earliest flight from FLL or MIA disembarkation Port of Miami

Larrydano

Sharon and I will be cruising on the NCL Epic and are thinking about flying into Fort Lauderdale instead Miami as we have found FLL much easier and somewhat less money to fly into.

It appears that using SAS to shuttle from FLL to downtown Miami (close to the port?) makes sense.

My first question is if we fly postcruise from FLL what would be the earliest flight time considering disembarking the EPIC Saturday 3/10/11 at the port of Miami and comfortably get to FLL-again using SAS shuttle from port of Miami to FLL?

My 2nd question is if we decide on flights to MIA what would be the earliest flight time considering disembarking the EPIC Saturday 3/10/11 at the port of Miami and flying from MIA?

Fort Lauderdale we are confortable with flights as early as 2 pm. Miami would be 1 PM. Im a get there early and wait kinda guy,but you can not control disembarkation,seen it go fast 8.30-9 am, and seen it go slow 11-noon. Weather,traffic, crowded airport security,so on!!!! Some will say earlier,but of the 8-9 cruises we have taken,we have never been late or missed a flight.

From POM to MIA is a 15 minute cab ride - I would not book anything earlier than 11:30, and noon would be safer.

From POM to FLL is a 35-45 minute ride (shuttle or cab) -- noon would be the earliest I would book a flight, and 12:30 to 1:00 or later would be safer.

Good luck! :)

Archived