Concierge Class, worth it?

Scottygirl1

I've just read on another thread - while doing a search - that the CC class (C2) staterooms are larger on the M Class ships. If this is true, then I am thinking it will be worth the extra $30 pp (for the sailing we are looking into) to upgrade from 2B to a CC, even if it is on Deck 9. On past Celebrity cruises, we have not paid the extra. Comments?

It would depend on cabin size and itinerary for me. For the ships I'm sailing next, it does not pay. On Infinity, I prefer an outside cabin to a balcony (cabins are the same size) for that sailing. We are going around "The Horn" and I prefer lower, mid-ship for potentially rough water. My TA is giving me a bottle of wine.

For the Century cruise, the cabin is the same size, the balcony is the same size and I would rather spend money on my excursions than on a fancy shower head and bathrobe which I would not wear.

We get Elite perks. We don't do room service breakfast or any other main meal. I really can't abide it when the cabin smells like a diner.

We will, do room service for a cheese and fruit plate to go with a bottle of wine when we have a balcony and sea days.

Just an example of how different cruisers do things differently

We booked the Oct 8 sailing on the Millie about 6 weeks ago. Choose a mid-ship/inside. Several days later the balcony 2B opened up for an upgrade fee of $8 per person. Upgraded. Then several days after that the Concierge Guarantee was advertised with a $2 per person increase. That was a no brainer. Ended up getting assigned a CC2, mid-ship. Earlier this week we decided to extend our cruise by adding on 4 more days on the backside. Booked the Concierge Guarantee for about $50 per person less than the original cruise. Was assured by Celebrity through TA that they would do their best to keep us in same cabin. We are 2 credits away from Elite Status and they said that would help. Well.......it didn't. Got cabin assignment for second cruise today. Got the same deck, but AFT (which we don't mind). Thought I'd call travel agent to see about securing the same cabin which is available but would represent a 1 category upgrade. No go on Celebrity's part unless we want to pay an additional $150 per person. We don't, because we've already paid more to change our airfare. I'm just waiting to see if the CC2 cabins go down to our original price and hopefully our original cabin will be available. Have never had to change cabins and really would rather not do it. I would even downgrade to a lower Concierge class on my first cruise just to stay in my cabin, but NONE are available. :(

Could I ask - how do you find out about the upgrads? Do you look at a website or get advised by and agent???

I'll tell you if it's worth it in a couple weeks when I get back from my cruise...but we didn't actually pay for it.

We started in an OV cabin a couple weeks ago and upgraded to a balcony for $50pp when we saw the prices drop. Just received an e-mail from our TA last night informing us that he had upgraded us to a CC at no cost. Sweet.

Could I ask - how do you find out about the upgrads? Do you look at a website or get advised by and agent???

Most of us check the Celebrty website every day or so to see if the prices have dropped--then contact either Celebrity or our travel agent to make the adjustment. We got an $800/pp price drop on our cruise by being vigilant--the prices went back up in two or three days.

Most of us check the Celebrty website every day or so to see if the prices have dropped--then contact either Celebrity or our travel agent to make the adjustment. We got an $800/pp price drop on our cruise by being vigilant--the prices went back up in two or three days.

Dump your cookies before you check. I found that Celebrity was setting cookies so that the price I was seeing was one I had seen before and not what the price drop was reflecting.

I use "private browsing" on Firefox now and I also check a few other on-line TA sites to make sure.

Dump your cookies before you check. I found that Celebrity was setting cookies so that the price I was seeing was one I had seen before and not what the price drop was reflecting.

I use "private browsing" on Firefox now and I also check a few other on-line TA sites to make sure.

I wonder about the "cookie", 'cause I never seem to see a price drop. Thanks for the heads up.

We had CC during our June Solstice cruise in the Med. There were some pluses and differences, BUT, it's not worth lots of money. If you can get it, great. Don't spend too much for that "upgrade". Many of the items are small. Nice, but not worth spending too much more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 39,742 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I like to be able to put my feet up while on the balcony.

on the S-class ships you get a footstool, and, from what I've read here, you cannot request one if you're not in CC.

yes, that little footstool is important to me.:p

I like to be able to put my feet up while on the balcony. on the S-class ships you get a footstool, and, from what I've read here, you cannot request one if you're not in CC. yes, that little footstool is important to me.:p

Agree 100% that this footstool on the Solstice is a very nice and tangible plus in having a CC room. How much it's worth to spend to get "it" is another question.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 39,742 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I like to be able to put my feet up while on the balcony.

on the S-class ships you get a footstool, and, from what I've read here, you cannot request one if you're not in CC.

yes, that little footstool is important to me.:p

Agree 100%... before we switched from our 1B (on Silhouette) to a C1 (same price!), my husband and I were trying to think of alternative ideas for a footstool to bring along on our Transatlantic! Sounds silly, but it sure makes for great lounging!

Archived