How far is FLL from MCO?

cruise88cruise

I would also love some info re: this issue. I have to come up with a Plan B to get to Fort Lauderdale if we miss our connecting flight in Orlando. I will need to be prepared to rent a car right away, but I need to know what I'm looking at with drive time and what would be better: (a) rent a car to return to the airport in Fort Lauderdale and take a shuttle to port or (b) rent a car that has a location to return the car near the port (with shuttle of course to the port). Time will be a great issue for us as we will be under great pressure to get to the port in time so as not to miss the ship. Any guidance from you seasoned travelers or locals would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

Lots of car rental companies near the port or at FLL who will pick you up and shuttle you to their rental office.

From FLL to MCO is about a 3.5 hour drive - you will save time and aggrivation by taking to toll road. Good luck! :)

You can go from FLL to MCO in about 3 hours 15 minutes - plenty of places to drop the car in both -

MCO is a crazy airport due to all the attractions, cruises and business travelers - it can take some time to get through security......so leave yourself plenty of time

we did that once when the airfare coming home from MCO was so much cheaper than from FLL.... We disembarked, got our rental car, drove to MCO for our evening flight, flew home from MCO and saved lots of $!

If you do this, just check to be sure there is no additional "one way drop off charge" from the rental car company you use.

we did that once when the airfare coming home from MCO was so much cheaper than from FLL.... We disembarked, got our rental car, drove to MCO for our evening flight, flew home from MCO and saved lots of $!

If you do this, just check to be sure there is no additional "one way drop off charge" from the rental car company you use.

I have read on here from so called experts that Florida does not have drop off fees....

Archived