Which ship are you on for spring break 2012

mon1jan1

After what my older son saw on Navigator during the start of Spring break, we will never cruise during Spring break. There were tons of fraternity boys from Duke on that cruise, including the one who jumped into the empty pool and got a very bad head injury. These kids were very drunk, according to my son. My son was 28 at the time and with a group of late 20-early 30ish frineds, all of whom are professionals. They all like to drink and have a good time, but know their limits. They thought early March was too early for Spring Break and booked a cruise for that time. I guess Spring break runs from early March until the week after Easter each year.

My husband and I are considering doing the April 9 Monarch out of Port Canaveral because my sister and her family (kids and grandkids) are going. Is it really that bad to go at this time?

If you like kids, then definitely not a bad time! I enjoy taking a cruise during the spring break time...makes for a fun time for my teen daughter. She always meets friends that she still to this take keeps in touch with.

I say go for it and book that cruise. Monarch is a nice and small ship. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Freedom of the Seas - March 18, 2012

This is my first cruise during the "spring break" period. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to our more typical late summer cruises.

We are also on this cruise. I am a teacher and I actually don't mind cruising during spring break:rolleyes:. I figure I raised my kids and was fortunate enough that others were kind to them during spring break and even shared a few laughs with us, so why not recipicate.

DH and I were on the Monarch last year, for a quick 4 day cruise. Needed that cruise very badly for a little R&R due to work, and family issues with people being ill. Get to the hotel, all is well. The hotel is very quiet, only see a couple of kids with their parents. Here it comes...wake up the next morning and there is a ton of kids from a high school band going on a cruise. :eek: My lovely DH says oh isn't that nice their first cruise. I wonder what ship they are on...LOL I told him probably ours!!! After a dicussion and a lot of laughs we get on the elevator and stop at the next floor only for a few of the students and a faculty member to enter the elevator. Of course, my husband asked which ship, the faculty member saw our tags and began to apologize that they will be on our ship.

She then tells the students to take a good luck at us and make sure they are very polite to us when they see us. LOL!!!! They were the best behaved kids on the ship. You would never have known that there were 50 or so band kids on the cruise. Whenever you saw them, always were polite, let you enter the elevator first, etc.

So you just never know.

We will be on the Navigator for our first B2B :D. Our DS and DD are very excited!! I have never gone during March break before so I am sure there will be a bit of difference for us as we usually go in December.

We will be on the Navigator 3-11. Third cruise, first time on Navigator.

We are taking our nephews 14 and almost 18 on The Allure for the their first cruise. Figured can't be any worse then our New Years cruise on The Oasis, many many very rude adults and kids.

Less than six months....! Woo Hoo - can't wait! Guess I'm going to have to, this waiting game is ridiculous :rolleyes:

We are on the Serenade out of San Juan the last week of March. There will be families with children on the cruise, but what you will notice is the absence of College students, due to the cost of airfare to get there. I view that as a positive since I will have a 14 yo boy and a 12 yo girl with me. I don't mind the college students having fun, I'm just not sure I'm ready for my kids to witness some of it. :D

We are on the Allure of the Seas for the second year in a row...loved her last March. We did the Oasis for March 2010.

Thankful to have the opportunity to cruise March 2012, didn't think is was going to happen because of work.

We are going to Labadee (RCCL's private island), Falmouth, Jamaica and Cozumel.

Where are you headed and which ship are you on for Spring Break?

If you've cruised before during spring break do you like travelling during that time with all the kids? I love it!

NONE . . . .you guys enjoy!! Kids are not my thing . . . . unless they're my Grandkids LOL

Colleen

Oasis.....March 17. Our daughter (7) is fighting for Disney....again. I just can't do it again. I want to relax and although I do love Disney, it is everything but relaxing.

Oh Boy:confused: Im not sure how if you didn't find Disney relaxing you will find that so on Oasis? I haven't traveled yet, and Ive aleady done more "work" on Oasis than any cruise Ive been on. :eek:;)

We'll be on the Oasis April 14, 2012 - my son's last high school spring break before college.

After this cruise, we'll be able to sail any time we want and not be tied to school vacations.

@ Beth C - this week is a Spring break in the Northeast, so be warned there may be lots of kids!

Archived