Which ship are you on for spring break 2012

mon1jan1

We'll be on the Oasis April 14, 2012 - my son's last high school spring break before college.

After this cruise, we'll be able to sail any time we want and not be tied to school vacations.

@ Beth C - this week is a Spring break in the Northeast, so be warned there may be lots of kids!

Savor this last spring break of high school. I have only three more spring breaks of high school. In 2014 my daughter graduates and then we are free to vacation when we want! What a fun thing to look forward to :D

well some friends of mine have their spring break on march 5th but we are considering cruising on liberty of the seas on feb 27th - because its cheaper to fly that week and i like the itinerary better, and it also means we are partying in miami march 4th and 5th.

call me crazy but the last thing i want is peace and quiet! i like being in the thick of things, loud music, crowds and kids dont bother me at all. And I wouldnt refer to college students as kids, they are young adults! (and usually alot more fun than the oldies lol ) :D

well some friends of mine have their spring break on march 5th but we are considering cruising on liberty of the seas on feb 27th - because its cheaper to fly that week and i like the itinerary better, and it also means we are partying in miami march 4th and 5th.

call me crazy but the last thing i want is peace and quiet! i like being in the thick of things, loud music, crowds and kids dont bother me at all. And I wouldnt refer to college students as kids, they are young adults! (and usually alot more fun than the oldies lol ) :D

You sound a lot like me, even after my daughter is out of house and on her own, I hope to find myself travelling during spring break. It's a lot of fun! Sure there is always someone rowdy, but more times than not, it's a drunken adult that just needs to go to bed. As long as there isn't any physical disturbance, I ignore it, they are just enjoying their vacation. They will pay for it the next morning and hopefully lesson is learned.

Hope you enjoy the Liberty if that's what you choose to do in February.

You sound a lot like me, even after my daughter is out of house and on her own, I hope to find myself travelling during spring break. It's a lot of fun! Sure there is always someone rowdy, but more times than not, it's a drunken adult that just needs to go to bed. As long as there isn't any physical disturbance, I ignore it, they are just enjoying their vacation. They will pay for it the next morning and hopefully lesson is learned.

thanks! if I want peace and quiet I can get that at home when the kids are asleep, I want fun and excitement! :D yeh if i see anyone rowdy chances are ill join em lol

I have a 16 yr old daughter too, she's the one who tells me to turn my music down and stop dressing like a teenager :D im not bringing her with me because then ill have to behave lol I love being a mum but gotta admit its pretty boring sometimes :rolleyes:

Are you talking high school spring break or college spring break? Spring break varies all over the country. We will be on Serenade next March but I don't expect too many spring breakers (either high school or college) to be on the ship.

We are from Easton, PA and will also be on the Serenade in March. We are going March 10th - when are you going?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on Voyager out of New Orleans on March 31. This will be our third spring break cruise and we've never had any issues with children on board. On the contrary, we've been very impressed with how well RCI keeps the kids busy.

We're booked on FOS for our spring break week (April 1, 2012). Haven't seen anyone post that they are on this sailing. My sister is a principal and her break starts the following week, and her airfare to FL is so much cheaper than what I'm seeing for our week it's not even funny.

Wanted to do Oasis or Allure, but pricing is out of site. Not even sure we'll be able to keep this booking; may have to shift it yet again.

I'm sailing 4/8/2012 with my family, this is the only time we can go as my daughter is a teacher and off the week after Easter. From reading the posts, it seems that most spring breaks are in March and 1st week of April. If that's the case why is my cruise so much higher ($500/person) than the all the other weeks in March and April?

Hi all,

We are travelling from the UK, 2 adults and 3 kids (12, 11 & 8).

We are booked on the Oasis on 3/31/12. Do we need to see if we can bring along some friends or will there be loads of kids on the boat at that time. I can't quite work out the US Spring Break system so not sure if the kids are off or at school.

Spring break (college) in the US is not a week - rather it goes for about six weeks. It peaks in the third week of March (last year that week saw 2.2 million college students on break alone.) In Florida, the State University System staggers spring break for the large Universities - which puts about 200,000 a week into the mix between the start and the third week of March. Florida K-12 hits the fourth week of March.

Spring break (college) in the US is not a week - rather it goes for about six weeks. It peaks in the third week of March (last year that week saw 2.2 million college students on break alone.) In Florida, the State University System staggers spring break for the large Universities - which puts about 200,000 a week into the mix between the start and the third week of March. Florida K-12 hits the fourth week of March.

There are FL schools K-12 off starting as early as the 2nd week on March....right thru Easter in April.

March 3rd, 2012, Navigator, 8 days East Caribbean. :D I friggin can't wait!

It will be DH's first RCI cruise and his first balcony. I booked the first day the bookings opened. Saw an unbelievable price for suite (I remember distinctly the JR was $949 for an 8 day cruise, can you believe it?) but RCI website wouldn't let me book it. Arrrhhh :mad: Had to settle for a balcony and lose the double points. But hey, a hump balcony is still something right? ;)

My hope is it won't be too crowded as it's 8 days long. :)

Jewel of the Seas March 12-17th there may be some kids aboard but we can handle them as our 3 sons are grown. As it is a 5 day cruise the possibilities are there. Now to find someone that went the same time last year and ask them this question.

Every sailing going out of FL March thru the first half of April will be filled with kids...unless it's a 10 day sailing or more. I sail this time each year.....Freedom class has an average of 1200+ kids and last year oasis had over 2000......just dilute the numbers down on the smaller ships but I can guarantee they will all be loaded with kids. It's funny because each year I run into people on these sailings that tell me...."I had no idea this was school vacation time".

Jewel of the Seas March 12-17th there may be some kids aboard but we can handle them as our 3 sons are grown. As it is a 5 day cruise the possibilities are there. Now to find someone that went the same time last year and ask them this question.

That is Hillsborough County's (Tampa) K-12 spring break week.....Jewel will be loaded with kids.

There are FL schools K-12 off starting as early as the 2nd week on March....right thru Easter in April.

My bad. I meant to say it peaks then, not that it is only that week.

BTW, we're on Jewel 3/3-3/8. Last year, same cruise (radiance), about 1/3-1/2 of pax were college kids. Not a problem at all. I kind of hope they all come back again this year:)

Archived