Book now,or wait until next year? Dilemma.....

gooners1968

Hello all,

Just back from Liberty-had a great time and looking to book another cruise for July 2012(school holidays).

For the Liberty we booked 13 months in advance and got early booking discount from RCI and 10% discount from the TA. Prices for next year are about £500 more than what we paid for this year.

So-our dilemma is-do we book now or wait until next year and try and get a better deal? Not fussy on cabin,but we do need a 3 berth inside.I have been talking to various TA's and as we need the 3 berth their advice is not to leave it too long.I suppose they all say that???

Any advice greatly appreciated :o

Trina

Thank you all for your advice-I think I need to have a chat with the TA!

Trina :)

Just check your TA will honour the price drops before you book. I believe some don't in the UK, so check first. If a price drop does happen before final payment, your TA (once you have advised them) will adjust the final balance accordingly and this will obviously alter the amount of the discount (i.e. percentage stays the same but amount is less e.g. £1000 cruise 10% discount = £100, after price drop £900 cruise 10% discount = £90). I only point this out as some pax still expect the same amount rather than the same % rate on the reduced price.

You also may lose any early booking offer if you ask for the price reduction. Again, check first, your TA should confirm if the price reduction will be the better offer. It is different in US and so are their prices.

Personally, we have had a £600 refund after a price drop on a cruise we booked 14 months in advance;).

Archived