Silly (?) questions from a first timer! (Dream)

bananaapple

Hi,

I am so excited to be cruising on Dream in January, and keep thinking of silly questions, I wondered if anyone knows....

Is there wifi on Dream and if so roughly how much does it cost?

What sort of sockets are in the cabins, will I need adaptors?

Is the food different on Gala night compared to regular nights?

Will i have any problems being a strict vegetarian (in terms of choice not temptation!!!)

Can I definately take pools towels to the beach?

Thanks, more silly questions to follow I am sure!!!

No such thing as a silly question!! I can answer a few of your questions but you might want to post on the board for the Dream.

I'm not sure about wifi but any internet on board a ship is VERY slow and expensive.

You won't need any adapters but you will only have a couple of plugs in your room and usually one in the bathroom.

Gala nights are formal nights ... better food and atmosphere

In terms of choice, you will be fine as a strict vegetarian. They always offer alternate choices.

You should have no problem taking towels, but some lines make you sign them out. If not returned, they will charge a fee.

Enjoy your trip!!

Hi,

I am so excited to be cruising on Dream in January, and keep thinking of silly questions, I wondered if anyone knows....

Is there wifi on Dream and if so roughly how much does it cost?

What sort of sockets are in the cabins, will I need adaptors?

Is the food different on Gala night compared to regular nights?

Will i have any problems being a strict vegetarian (in terms of choice not temptation!!!)

Can I definately take pools towels to the beach?

Thanks, more silly questions to follow I am sure!!!

Which Dream?

You will get many more answers if you post to the respective cruise line forum, i.e. Carnival (that is where all the experst are).

Ron

Treat responses with care, there are at least three "Dream" cruiseships - Disney, Carnival & Thomson. :confused:

Since you posted the same question on the Thomson forum, its safe to assume its Thomson Dream you want to know about.

I've not cruised Thomson Dream but I have cruised other Thomson ships.

Food is excellent, though veggie choices like anywhere else will be a bit limited.

Yes, you can take ship's pool towels to the beach. Don't waste your valuable baggage allowance on any towels of any description.

Thomson Dream was originally Costa Europa, bought from Costa cruises (Italian) April last year, so I rather suspect you will need european adaptors - but hopefully you'll get a definative answer from the Thomson forum. I always take a universal adaptor (from Boots etc) and a short 4-socket extension lead as there are few power points (mebbe only one) and, with adaptor, can be inaccessible for some appliances with fat plugs such as phone/camera battery chargers.

BTW, she had big problems last summer with the smelly end of the plumbing system & the air-conditioning. All fixed last Autumn, & now getting good reviews, so you can safely ignore any comments about those problems.

A good cruiseline for a first cruise, and sensible on-board prices, such as drinks.

Have a good one

JB :)

Archived