Oriana cruise X119 Cancelled!

LibraLass41

Just read that Orianas party cruise is cancelled due to her being in refit longer than expected and pax offered Arcadia instead a new cruise called J113P... Letters to be sent out today to passangers booked on Oriana.

Now doubt there will be a few unhappy people who booked this cruise to try-out Oriana perhaps for the 1st time, and may not want to go on Arcadia.

The Arcadia cruise will be the same dates, (9 Dec) same itinery as the Oriana one. Passengers will have the option to transfer or have a full refund.

There is also another new Arcadia 3day cruise on 6th Dec.

There are three Oriana cruises cancelled in total

X119 9 Dec

X120N 12 Dec

X121 17 Dec

Travel agents were sent the information yesterday (13th) and will be contacting affected passengers with available options

Once Oriana passengers have been sorted out the new Arcadia cruises will go on general sale if there are any cabins remaining

Brian

Not just X119 but X120N (12Dec) and X121 (17 Dec) also.

There will be two new 3 day cruises introduced on Arcadia on 6 Dec and 9 Dec and passengers will have the option to transfer to these plus some other options or a full refund.

P&O have sent all the information to travel agents yesterday (13th) and affected passengers should be contacted shortly.

Brian

There will be two new 3 day cruises introduced on Arcadia on 6 Dec and 9 Dec and passengers will have the option to transfer to these plus some other options or a full refund.

P&O have sent all the information to travel agents yesterday (13th) and affected passengers should be contacted shortly.

Brian

Brian

Brian

Brian

Brian

Brian

Brian

Sorry about multiple posts. Forum playing up this morning, kept getting error.

Could admin delete duplicates

Brian

Are you going for the record?

What is the record?

Gan canny

Dai

We have managed to re-book on the Arcadia for the same date. Our TA was open today after all, thought they closed Wednesdays, and when she phoned they offered us an upgrade to a DC cabin. Although I am pleased with the upgrade I am a little nervous as it is under the Neptune Bar on deck A, near the lift. They said there were no available cabins on B Deck. Can't remember the number but think it was A76. We were previously booked on B deck. Under normal circumstances we would never book a cabin underneath a public area because of the possible noise. Oh well, its just a 3 nighter so should be ok. Thanks for the tip off, without that prior knowledge I wonder what we would have been offered.

We have managed to re-book on the Arcadia for the same date. Our TA was open today after all, thought they closed Wednesdays, and when she phoned they offered us an upgrade to a DC cabin. Although I am pleased with the upgrade I am a little nervous as it is under the Neptune Bar on deck A, near the lift. They said there were no available cabins on B Deck. Can't remember the number but think it was A76. We were previously booked on B deck. Under normal circumstances we would never book a cabin underneath a public area because of the possible noise. Oh well, its just a 3 nighter so should be ok. Thanks for the tip off, without that prior knowledge I wonder what we would have been offered.
We are booked on 9th December, us and daughter & son-in-law. Thought it would be a nice break before Christmas.My daughter saw the post yesterday, & I contacted P & O last night. They confirmed the cancellation, and advised I was one of the the first to have contacted them. They advised that I must go through TA which I expected, but wanted to get the facts first. I was there at TA when they opened this morning and they had no idea the cruise had been cancelled, had received no e-mail from P & O and so I gave them the info I had. They managed to rebook us all on DF grade, which was better than we had on Oriana,an upgrade from outside to balcony. I am still disappointed as I particularly wanted to sail on Oriana. Again, without the tip-off, we would not have known about it, heavens only knows what we would have been offered.

We were in A68 in 2008 and couldn't hear any noise.

You'll Arcadia

I was a bit frustrated when I got my letter this morning, but following a couple of fairly lengthy calls to P&O we have successfully swapped. I was looking forward to a newly refurbished Oriana, but we did like the Arcadia.

November, December, Oriana, Arcadia, its still a cruise!!:)

Archived