What time do you have to leave your cabin?

mattR

We are on the Jewel Oct8/11

On Disembarkation day what time do you have to be out of your cabin by?

On disembarkation day what time do they serve breakfast till?

If we stay on the ship till the end how much time should we expect for us to reach the parking lot from stepping off the ship?

Are there pay phones once you clear customs?

The folks here are very helpful, but if you have us a better idea of your situation, we could help you. Like, how late do you want to stay, eat? What, who do you need to call?

They need to clean all the cabins and get ready for the next cruise as passengers start boarding just after noon. You will start hearing messages early and finally want to give up - thinking the latest is around 9-10am.

There are less pay phones these days, but there should be some. Personally, we ALWAYS travel with a cell phone. In case of emergency or not other way to contact somebody, they work the best.

Please post your questions on the roll call. We have sixty people signed up for the Meet and Greet. On disembarkation day, we leave our cabin at 9 am-that is the latest that you will be allowed in your cabin. As for the other questions, the roll call members will be able to answer you.

If we stay on the ship till the end how much time should we expect for us to reach the parking lot from stepping off the ship?

As another said, must be out of cabin by 9am. And...if all is normal, new passengers are boarding by 11 - 11:30 am usually. Breakfast has limited hours, but can't remember exactly, and I believe it was only available in buffet and grills. Dining room closed. It will be posted in your Freestyle daily the night before. For us, time to get off ship and through customs has never been consistant. If all is perfect, you'll be off ship in 15 minutes and through customs and on the street in another 15. However, we have had two occasions where exiting ship was almost two ours and then an almost hour wait in slow line getting through customs. First was security issue announced that morning somewhere, and the other was L.A. where over half the customs staff did not show up for work that morning. Hard to predict. Pay phones are getting hard to find.

I am not an early morning person, however, I realize the staff needs to get the ship ready for the new passengers coming aboard. The latest I have been in the cabin is about 9:00. I have been up on deck as late as 9:45 and there were still some people eating breakfast, however, they were buffet items at that time. They want everyone off the ship around 10:30. Honestly, I would rather disembark the nite before, than the morning scramble to get off the ship. To be honest, that is the worse part of the trip. It depends on customs as to the time it will take to get through. If you are leaving from New York, I must say, the Manhattan Port Terminal really has their act together as getting on and off the ship is very easy and stress free. There are taxis waiting across the street and the port terminal has some pay phones if needed.

The folks here are very helpful, but if you have us a better idea of your situation, we could help you. Like, how late do you want to stay, eat? What, who do you need to call?

They need to clean all the cabins and get ready for the next cruise as passengers start boarding just after noon. You will start hearing messages early and finally want to give up - thinking the latest is around 9-10am.

There are less pay phones these days, but there should be some. Personally, we ALWAYS travel with a cell phone. In case of emergency or not other way to contact somebody, they work the best.

We have a 230pm flight out of Newark so we are in no hurry to get off the ship. I see we need to be out of the room by 9am. Anyone know how late breakfast is served till? We need to phone our car service to let them know we are ready for pick-up in the parking lot. Our cell phone dosn't work in the States as we are from Canada and just have a Pay and Talk account.

:eek::eek::eek: In the most recent Gem dallies, the time to vacate is 8am, it surprised me, but I go to the MDR and just leave luggage, so the room stewards can clean! I come back and leave:D:D:D

Not surprised. The earlier they can get you off the ship, the better they like it. That's why I would rather leave late at night instead of early morning.

Just off the Jewel yesterday. Breakfast was served in the buffet from 6am until 9am and in one of the Tsar's MDR from 630am until 830am. We left the ship at about 845am and it took about 30 minutes to find our luggage, get through immigration and out to the street to get a taxi.

Just off the Jewel yesterday. Breakfast was served in the buffet from 6am until 9am and in one of the Tsar's MDR from 630am until 830am. We left the ship at about 845am and it took about 30 minutes to find our luggage, get through immigration and out to the street to get a taxi.

Thank you very much for the info were you sharing the pier with another ship?

We don't and refuse to travel with cell phones.

Regards to payphones I have never ever had luck getting a payphone becuse the ship employees tie them up for ever and there is always a line up for them. Each employee in line spend's a large amt of time on them calling home etc.

So what I do is make sure I have some $1 bills on me and usually find a terminal employee or baggage handler and offer them a tip to use their phone as they all have one, as I'm only making a quick call for a limo.

I haven't had any problems using this approach and it's never taken me more than 5 min. to find one.

Archived