Falmouth cruise terminal

cowboygene

anybody been here recently? Are the shops open and what else would you recommend doing on out stop here?

Thanks

We were there a couple of weeks ago on the Allure. Shops are open, but the port is still a work in progress. There was a long line to get off the Allure, so if you have nothing specific in mind except to walk around the port, I'd wait an hour to get off.

We got a taxi for 4 and negotiated a price for three hours. We had 4 locations we wanted to go to and our driver was more than happy to take us. We were actually geocaching. (http://www.geocaching.com). Our drive took us to various spots in and around Montego Bay.

Other than that, there didn't seem much to do. Perhaps others will chime in and share their experience.

Jackie

We were in Falmouth in July- not a lot to do at port besides the few shops and vendors- but construction is coming along....we did a Jamaica For A Day program and spent a wonderful day at the Hilton Rose Hall Resort- all inclusive drinks and food- beautiful resort, beach and pool with water park features- google Jamaica for a Day and you can read about cost, etc...

• 2 weeks later...
Read ryansmom's review of her recent Freedom cruise. She wrote wonderful details on everything, and included pictures. You can find it on one of the newest pages or look her up in members list.

I think post #69 in this thread is what you're talking about?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1468456&page=4

They're still working on the shops at the pier, and the ones that are open are jewelers (Diamond International, Colors, etc), duty-free, and other knick-knack shops/booths... Not much in terms of food...found one booth that had jerk chicken, another booth that had Red Stripe beer. The port was very festive though...guys on stilts, music, etc... We were there last Wednesday...we got off Freedom of the Seas just a few days ago. I was not impressed and this was my least favorite stop. We tried to venture into town on our own...not a good idea. We made it about a block and were hounded and harassed by venders, shop keepers and taxi cab drivers trying to sell us their services. They would not take "no" for an answer. Falmouth wasn't for me...and it has a long way to go.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.048982,-94.582682

I'm on Voyager in November. I think I'm just going to hang around the new port area and not do anything else. I'd rather not be waiting to board a bus or on a bus somewhere to have to hurry up and get back.. Thanks for all the info on the construction progress.

Is there still a trolly tour of Falmouth offered?

After my wife and I made it around a block or two on our own, and after we were harassed by the local venders/shop keepers/taxi drivers who wanted to sell us their services and would NOT take "no" for an answer, we made a beeline right back to the pier area... I really wanted to get out and explore the city, but didn't want the hassle and annoyance of the taxi drivers/venders/shop keepers attaching themselves to us and refused to go away... So we found the "Historic Falmouth Trolley" kiosk in the pier. It cost $15/person and was 30 minutes long. It was good to be able to see the city that way, and they stopped by all the historic sights. The biggest historic sight was the 300+ year old St. Peter's Anglican Church... They stopped for about 5 minutes to let us in the church and take pictures... And wouldn't you figure...more pushy shop keepers and venders set up in front of the church. The tour was okay...but other random stops were the police station, hospital, technical school, a breadfruit tree, and other randomness. But if you're looking for something low-key, it was worth the money. Afterwards, my wife & I hung our in the port area, ate some jerk chicken and had a Red Stripe beer...

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.322487,-94.710640

After my wife and I made it around a block or two on our own, and after we were harassed by the local venders/shop keepers/taxi drivers who wanted to sell us their services and would NOT take "no" for an answer, we made a beeline right back to the pier area... I really wanted to get out and explore the city, but didn't want the hassle and annoyance of the taxi drivers/venders/shop keepers attaching themselves to us and refused to go away... So we found the "Historic Falmouth Trolley" kiosk in the pier. It cost $15/person and was 30 minutes long. It was good to be able to see the city that way, and they stopped by all the historic sights. The biggest historic sight was the 300+ year old St. Peter's Anglican Church... They stopped for about 5 minutes to let us in the church and take pictures... And wouldn't you figure...more pushy shop keepers and venders set up in front of the church. The tour was okay...but other random stops were the police station, hospital, technical school, a breadfruit tree, and other randomness. But if you're looking for something low-key, it was worth the money. Afterwards, my wife & I hung our in the port area, ate some jerk chicken and had a Red Stripe beer...

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.322487,-94.710640

Can you get a taxi inside the port area or do you have to go outside?

So is there a bar with food at the pier, preferably with reggae music? That is probably all we'll do and then return to the ship.

Just can't decide on an excursion...:(

No real bars, per se...at least that I found...not like Cozumel where there's a Señor Frogs in the pier area. In Falmouth, we only found a Red Stripe booth. They were playing Reggae music all day, and had another guy singing Bob Marley tunes. It's very festive...but the town...not so much.

No real bars, per se...at least that I found...not like Cozumel where there's a Señor Frogs in the pier area. In Falmouth, we only found a Red Stripe booth. They were playing Reggae music all day, and had another guy singing Bob Marley tunes. It's very festive...but the town...not so much.

Did the Red Stripe Booth have chairs and tables or at least someplace to sit?

Archived