Bus and ferry pass in Bermuda?

irish2005

Does anyone know how much the bus and ferry pass is in Bermuda and is it worth it? thanks

Dont remember how much it was when i went but it is worth it. I visited all the beaches on my own and came and went as i pleased. The ferry is also a nice ride and worth it

We are going to Bermuda next week and I am really confused about the whole transportation thing. Is the bus/ferry the best way to get around? Or, is taxi the best way just more expensive?

Take a bus/ there is only two buses i think the 7 and or the 8...one goes around all the beaches...im not sure which one tho...the other goes towards the town...i loved the ferry ride too.

This may be a dumb question, but do you take the ferry to get to the bus or does the ferry just go to a different place? Again, I apologize for the dumb questions, but never been there before and just trying to figure it all out. Do you get the bus/ferry passes on the ship or when you get off?

We are going to Bermuda next week and I am really confused about the whole transportation thing. Is the bus/ferry the best way to get around? Or, is taxi the best way just more expensive?

This may be a dumb question, but do you take the ferry to get to the bus or does the ferry just go to a different place? Again, I apologize for the dumb questions, but never been there before and just trying to figure it all out. Do you get the bus/ferry passes on the ship or when you get off?
Depending on where you want to go and how many people in your party, I believe the taxis are more expensive. When you get off the ship, it's a short walk to the bus and ferry. You can purchase the passes at the Visitors Center also nearby. You can get plenty of information on the Bermuda ports of call forum here too. Enjoy!

tamilyn wrote & asked: ...I am really confused about the whole transportation thing. Is the bus/ferry the best way to get around? Or, is taxi the best way just more expensive?.....

If you are comfortable on public transportation then using a transportation pass on the bus/ferry is the way to go. The taxi gives you the greatest flexibility but at a higher cost. For example, the cost by bus to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach using a token would be $4.00 per person; by taxi, the fare for 1 to 4 passengers is about $28.00. The travel time by bus is about 35 minutes, by taxi about 20 minutes. The bus departs every 30 minutes; the taxi, whenever it is hired.

There are "Special" buses that go from the Dockyard to HSB but do not make any other stops en route. Saves about 10 minutes. This is the only special bus on any route that I am aware of.

If you have a limited budget, then use the bus.

The bus that goes by the South Shore beaches (Horseshoe Bay Beach is one of those) is the route #7 bus.

SBtS

the ferry only take you to st george which is a nice town. I got my bus passes when i got off the ship...i liked the bus cause i got to see many beaches and stop and see them all. Elbow beach and horseshoe bay beach are both very pretty. Someone told me there is a glass beach which i have been looking for for the past 3 times i was in bermuda and still cant find it...they say its way down far on the bus but i have to do more research on it so when i go in oct 2012, ill be able to find it

the ferry only take you to st george which is a nice town. I got my bus passes when i got off the ship...i liked the bus cause i got to see many beaches and stop and see them all. Elbow beach and horseshoe bay beach are both very pretty. Someone told me there is a glass beach which i have been looking for for the past 3 times i was in bermuda and still cant find it...they say its way down far on the bus but i have to do more research on it so when i go in oct 2012, ill be able to find it

The multi-day Transit Pass is a wonderful way to get around the islands of Bermuda. Taxis are more convenient and hence usually more expensive (for individual/couples). The passes are good for both the buses and the ferries. The ferries besides going to St Georges also can be taken to The Naval Dockyard and some of the smaller communities in between.

If you do a search for "Bermuda Transportation" you should be able to find much more detailed information.

One of the first things we do in Bermuda is purchase our transit passes.

Ray in NH

bklynangel wrote: .....Someone told me there is a glass beach which i have been looking for for the past 3 times i was in Bermuda and still cant find it...they say its way down far on the bus but i have to do more research on it...

There are directions on the current forum how to get to the sea glass beach.

You wrote "they say its way down far on the bus". Who is "they" and did you ask/search on the Bermuda forum of the Ports of Call Board?

SBtS

The bus/ferry pass is well worth the money spent! Just know where you have to get on the bus if you decide to take it. The ferry stop is pretty obvious because you can see it. If you are in Hamilton, you have to go to the bus terminal to actually get on the bus. My husband I and made that mistake when we first got there...stood at a bus stop on the main road for over an hour until a bus finally came by and told us we had to goto the terminal to get on the bus! it's just a few blocks up from where the ferry drops you off...

We also went out extreamly early at the dockyards to catch the earliest bus to the beaches...but no buses came for about an hour...finally a bus came along and let us get on but dropped us off at a random bus stop and told us the number 7 was going to be coming around soon...another 30 minutes later the bus finally came and we asked the driver to let us know when we got to the beach and she did.

People in Bermuda are extreamly helpful! If you feel lost or unsure - don't hesitate to ask because reading those bus schedules can be tricky ---or maybe we are just on the slower side :o.

There are seats on the ferries. As for buses, I believe there is seating for 38 passengers so getting a seat will depend on when & where you board and the popularity of the route you are using. For instance, if you are at the Dockyard and want go by bus (route #7) to Horseshoe Bay Beach and there are 2 cruise ships docked, good luck in getting a seat; if you are in St George and want to go by bus (route #6) to Clearwater Beach, getting a sea won't be a problem.

SBtS

Archived