Help!

gred1994

Going on my first ever cruise on Saturday. I was getting allmy paperwork together and realized I can't find my birth certificate. Fast forward 2 hours later and I still have no birth certificate. I DO have a non-expired passport with my maiden name on it. I DO have a marriage certificate. I've been mariied nine years! I DO have a driver's liscence with my maiden name as my middle name.

Can I use the marriage certificate along with the passport??:confused:

I wouldn't cruise without a passport because you never know when (God forbid) an emergency will force you to fly home, and you can't fly into the US without a passport.

My rational is, get a passport and then use it as much as you can before expiration ergo more cruises:D my husband pretends to accept this as a real reason to cruise, I think he's hooked too ;)

Have fun!!! Carole

Doesn't the name on the cruise ticket have to match the ID's~? Passport & DL in Maiden name but what is the cruise booked under? Married? Even with a marriage certificate bridging her name, how would that work? I thought the passport had to match the name on the ticket ie sail & sign?? I'm so confused~! lol

Doesn't the name on the cruise ticket have to match the ID's~? Passport & DL in Maiden name but what is the cruise booked under? Married? Even with a marriage certificate bridging her name, how would that work? I thought the passport had to match the name on the ticket ie sail & sign?? I'm so confused~! lol

Yes the cruise doc have to match the passport or picture ID (drivers license) You cannot have your cruise docs in your married name and your passport in your maiden name......no can do

Going on my first ever cruise on Saturday. I was getting allmy paperwork together and realized I can't find my birth certificate. Fast forward 2 hours later and I still have no birth certificate. I DO have a non-expired passport with my maiden name on it. I DO have a marriage certificate. I've been mariied nine years! I DO have a driver's liscence with my maiden name as my middle name.

What name is your cruise docs in? Your cruise docs and ID have to match.......

Yes the cruise doc have to match the passport or picture ID (drivers license) You cannot have your cruise docs in your married name and your passport in your maiden name......no can do

Agree .. the only exception would be if just married in which case the booking would be under married name.

IMHO OP needs to go through every single piece of paper, piece of luggage.

OH I know check where you have your cruise docs or the bag you plan on carrying onto flight/ cruise.

When I pack sometimes I'll think of something little by little and put whatever it is in the bag it needs to be packed in.

Good Luck to you!

OP states her maiden AND married name is on her DL.

well, yes...there ya go...but if her maiden name is on her passport, the passport should take the place of the birth certificate...after all you had to mail in your BC to get the passport. And if her maiden name and married name is on her DL, the maiden will verify the passport and the married name will verify the name on her tickets. There ya go....

well, yes...there ya go...but if her maiden name is on her passport, the passport should take the place of the birth certificate...after all you had to mail in your BC to get the passport. And if her maiden name and married name is on her DL, the maiden will verify the passport and the married name will verify the name on her tickets. There ya go....

It don't work that way......her passport has to match her cruise docs (unless like another poster said if she just got married then she could bring her marriage license)...........or if she is going the route of birth certificate then her drivers license and docs need to match.......but she can't find her birth cert.

I'd find the expedited passport center nearest you and spend tomorrow there getting a passport that matches your information at Carnival. ALso when you do it, you need to bring PROOF that you need the 24 hour turn around (i.e. your cruise information). You can't just walk in to the 24 hour turnaround unless you have an emergency. Yours would qualify. These offices usually close at 3. SO 1st thing I'd call my PVP and hope that the info they give is correct and go from there.

going on my first ever cruise on saturday. I was getting allmy paperwork together and realized i can't find my birth certificate. Fast forward 2 hours later and i still have no birth certificate. I do have a non-expired passport with my maiden name on it. I do have a marriage certificate. I've been mariied nine years! I do have a driver's liscence with my maiden name as my middle name.

Can i use the marriage certificate along with the passport??:confused:

i would call to find out

If she were flying you would be right, TSA regs require the name on the ID to match the name on the ticket. For a cruise the bridging document and passport will suffice.

If she were flying you would be right, TSA regs require the name on the ID to match the name on the ticket. For a cruise the bridging document and passport will suffice.

From CCL FAQ's

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) or a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

OP needs to contact CCL or CBP to find out if what she has is acceptable.

CCL most likely will tell OP to check with CBP since it is their agents that check pax in a cruise port.

From CCL FAQ's

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) or a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

OP needs to contact CCL or CBP to find out if what she has is acceptable.

CCL most likely will tell OP to check with CBP since it is their agents that check pax in a cruise port.

Sounds like she has all she needs. Just a call to CCL should confirm :)

Sounds like she has all she needs. Just a call to CCL should confirm :)

That's the thing.. the MC would bridge name change on DL and BC but OP cannot find the BC.

I don't know if the MC would bridge for PP. Also, OP said she got married 7 yrs ago and never changed name on PP. So that could present a problem.

OP really needs to call CBP and find out.

Her situation is definitely unique to say the least.

Archived