Help!

gred1994

I don't understand what the huge problem is. The OP is not sailing for a few weeks. Call Carnival and pay the $50.00 (if they even charge it) and have the name changed to the one on her passport and use the passport for identification. Problem solved.

I say this hoping that the OP hasn't booked using the ES rate. Otherwise, I'm with the posters who have stated that the passport with the MC and DL will work fine. The MC and DL show the bridge in name from maiden to married.

So maiden name is OK on the birth certificate but not a passport? I don't get it , if her DL is correct to the carnival info why wouldn't either the BC or Passport + marriage cert be acceptable?

She can't find her birth cert. and her passport has her maident name.

Her drivers license is a bridge for the name change.

From CCL FAQ's

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) or a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

Thanks......*head bangs against the wall*

Just an FYI, I called Carnival this morning and the CCV said I was all set! The marriage certificate, passport in maiden name, and driver's license with both names on it is more than sufficient!:D

And I'm off!

Wow I am surprised that they let you bring the marriage cert even after you have been married that long........good luck!

I don't understand what the huge problem is. The OP is not sailing for a few weeks. Call Carnival and pay the $50.00 (if they even charge it) and have the name changed to the one on her passport and use the passport for identification. Problem solved.

I say this hoping that the OP hasn't booked using the ES rate. Otherwise, I'm with the posters who have stated that the passport with the MC and DL will work fine. The MC and DL show the bridge in name from maiden to married.

She's cruising tomorrow.

I see you live in Marietta. I found this on the State Department website:

Atlanta Passport Agency

230 Peachtree St N.W.,

Suite 1000

Atlanta, GA 30303

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays

Schedule An Appointment 24/7: 1-877-487-2778

The Expedited Fee is required for each application submitted in person at a Passport Agency or Center.

You might want to give them a call. They should be able to verify if your documentation will get you on the ship as is. If not, you may be able to walk your passport through for a name change. I was able to do this in the Chicago office for a name change when I was married. That was 14+ years ago though so perhaps things have changed.

Oops, sorry, I took too long posting this and see you have resolved your issue. Have a great time!!

She can't find her birth cert. and her passport has her maiden name.

Her drivers license is a bridge for the name change.

So? Her birth certificate is in her maiden name as well. What does a birth certificate do that a passport does not do? Either a birth certificate or passport is the proof that Jane Doe is a citizen, and the marriage license/driver's license is the proof that she is Jane Doe. No problem.

The Carnival FAQs someone posted above had it all right there. If the passport is not in the same name as the booking, you need something else like a drivers license/marriage license, both of which she had, to prove you are that person.

So? Her birth certificate is in her maiden name as well. What does a birth certificate do that a passport does not do? Either a birth certificate or passport is the proof that Jane Doe is a citizen, and the marriage license/driver's license is the proof that she is Jane Doe. No problem.

The Carnival FAQs someone posted above had it all right there. If the passport is not in the same name as the booking, you need something else like a drivers license/marriage license, both of which she had, to prove you are that person.

Depending on which one she was going to use it would make a big difference.......all docs and id have to match........they said they will let her slide because she is bringing her marriage license......hopefully they don't give her crap that she was married 7 years ago......

Wow I am surprised that they let you bring the marriage cert even after you have been married that long........good luck!

Depending on which one she was going to use it would make a big difference.......all docs and id have to match........they said they will let her slide because she is bringing her marriage license......hopefully they don't give her crap that she was married 7 years ago......

Where's the law or regulation that says name changes have to be made within any time limit at all? They might give her crap but they can't deny her boarding because of it.

I know the OP has resolved her situation, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else is wondering. I'm going to be cruising 2 months after I get married. I called and asked what name to put the reservation under. They told me to keep it under my maiden name, since that's what my passport will be under (and it might take a bit of time for me to get a new one). I'm going end up using my passport as my ID for the flight there and the cruise so the names all match, since I'm sure my driver's license will be updated before then.

Where's the law or regulation that says name changes have to be made within any time limit at all? They might give her crap but they can't deny her boarding because of it.

Didn't say they would deny her......heck I had a friend who used a costco card to board the Paradise because he couldn't find his drivers license....

I know the OP has resolved her situation, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else is wondering. I'm going to be cruising 2 months after I get married. I called and asked what name to put the reservation under. They told me to keep it under my maiden name, since that's what my passport will be under (and it might take a bit of time for me to get a new one). I'm going end up using my passport as my ID for the flight there and the cruise so the names all match, since I'm sure my driver's license will be updated before then.

Perfect........

Archived