Platnium? When & what benefits?

Gabrielle R.

I TRIED to get the Royal site to tell me this, but I keep getting the same message- information not available at this time... I KNOW someone here can help me out! We have cruised 3 times With Royal- so we are Gold level. WE are looking at a back to back cruise in June, so then we will make it 5 times. My DH & I should become Platinum right? So, what perks do we get? Of course all of our past three cruises were 10-12 days each... seems like it takes forever to go up the ladder. I hop two 7 days will move us to the next level. Right?

Thanks for any help/information.

Gabrielle

I TRIED to get the Royal site to tell me this, but I keep getting the same message- information not available at this time... I KNOW someone here can help me out! We have cruised 3 times With Royal- so we are Gold level. WE are looking at a back to back cruise in June, so then we will make it 5 times. My DH & I should become Platinum right? So, what perks do we get? Of course all of our past three cruises were 10-12 days each... seems like it takes forever to go up the ladder. I hop two 7 days will move us to the next level. Right?

Gabrielle

Once your cruise is completed, you will earn one cruise point for each night you have cruised and those points are doubled if you book a JS cabin or above.

Crown & Anchor Points

03 ~~ Gold Level

30 ~~ Platinum Level

55 ~~ Emerald Level

80 ~~ Diamond Level

175 ~ Diamond Plus Level

700 ~ Pinnacle Club Level

For future reference you can receive..........

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Current C&A On-Board Ultimate Value Coupons for C&A Members

Gabrielle

The difference from Gold to Platinum includes:

• Robe for onboard use
  • Priority check-in
  • An exclusive event (this can be hit or miss)
  • Priority departure lounge (again, hit or miss depending on ship)
  • Discounts on balcony or suites
  • And, according to the website... a lapel pin! (I never got mine)

Enjoy the new perks! And enjoy that long cruise!

Thanks!

What do we 'get' once we get Platinum? Anything that is really useful? The coupons are nice, but we use only a few of them....

You "get" the balcony discount and coupon book. Also robes to use during the cruise and a special departure lounge with continental breakfast (not sure this is on all ships). Not sure what all you were expecting to get. Oh, there is also a platinum/diamond cocktail party.

Of course all of our past three cruises were 10-12 days each

Are you sure you are not Platinum already? 12nt cruises under old system got double credit. Our 12nt TA actually got converted to 15 points under the new system. I believe 10nt cruise would have been one "sailing" credit under the old system but should have converted to at least 7 points, if not more. One-12nt and two-10nt should have converted to at least 29 points - one shy of Platinum but if there were two 12nt or they did more than 7 points for the 10nt cruise(s) then you would be over the bar for sure. C&A web page should show current points/status and cruise history.

Hmmm... Something seems odd here for three cruises of 10-12 days. Our 12 nt TA yielded 15 points (I had heard this was common in the conversion) and last Feb. our 7 night was 7 more so we too are at 22 points. Next cruise is 15 nights so will put us firmly over into Platinum territory.

But if you have taken three cruises it sounds like they only bonus converted one and treated the rest like 7 night. I would really be inclined to contact them for an explanation especially if there were any 12 nighters in there. Tens I am not sure about how they did that. And any after the switch shoudl have definitely been the full number of nights (one point per).

When I log in to Crown & Anchor and check the sliding scale that shows what zone we are in ther eis a link right above that says 22 points an when I click it goes to a calculator screen and at the bottom is our cruise history. It shows "credits" for pre change cruise and the points is was converted to and the points for our post-change cruise. Checking that page might shed light on how they treated 10 night cruises.

I will check into it! Thanks for saying what I was wondering, I jsut thought, 2 12's and a 10 might equal to 34..... Well, wish me luck!

Royal Caribbean used to count cruise CREDITS. One per cruise, an extra credit for 12+ night cruises, an extra credit for JS and above.

Royal Caribbean now counts cruise POINTS. One point per cruise night, an extra point per night for JS and above.

In January of this year, they converted your CREDITS to POINTS at the rate of 7 points per credit. At your level, they then added one "free point".

If one earlier cruise was 10 nights, one was 11 nights and one was 12 nights, and all were NOT in JS or above, you would have had 4 cruise CREDITS. That would convert to 28 cruise POINTS plus one to give you 29 cruise POINTS.

If the earlier cruises did NOT include a cruise of 12 nights or longer, then your three earlier cruise CREDITS converted to 21 cruise POINTS plus one to give you 22 cruise POINTS.

Before the conversion, they were NOT counting nights. Nor will they go back and count your nights.

This is the formula.

Royal Caribbean used to count cruise CREDITS. One per cruise, an extra credit for 12+ night cruises, an extra credit for JS and above.

Royal Caribbean now counts cruise POINTS. One point per cruise night, an extra point per night for JS and above.

In January of this year, they converted your CREDITS to POINTS at the rate of 7 points per credit. At your level, they then added one "free point".

If one earlier cruise was 10 nights, one was 11 nights and one was 12 nights, and all were NOT in JS or above, you would have had 4 cruise CREDITS. That would convert to 28 cruise POINTS plus one to give you 29 cruise POINTS.

If the earlier cruises did NOT include a cruise of 12 nights or longer, then your three earlier cruise CREDITS converted to 21 cruise POINTS plus one to give you 22 cruise POINTS.

Before the conversion, they were NOT counting nights. Nor will they go back and count your nights.

This is the formula.

And to show how good RCCL is at applying their own formulas...I had (2) 3 night trips, (1) 4 night trip, (1) 5 night trip and (1) 9 night trip before conversion. Using MM formula I should have wound up with 36 points - I have 38 and no clue where the other two points came from (I'm not arguing about them - 2 points closer to emerald:D). Go figure, RCCL made a mistake - LOL:p

The actual formula to convert old cruise credits to new cruise points was to multiply cruise credits by 7 and add free points of 1, 3, or 13 depending on the number of credits:

1 to 4 credits: points = 7 * credits + 1

5 to 7 credits: points = 7 * credits + 3

8 or more credits: points = 7 * credits + 13

And to show how good RCCL is at applying their own formulas...I had (2) 3 night trips, (1) 4 night trip, (1) 5 night trip and (1) 9 night trip before conversion. Using MM formula I should have wound up with 36 points - I have 38 and no clue where the other two points came from (I'm not arguing about them - 2 points closer to emerald:D). Go figure, RCCL made a mistake - LOL:p

The actual formula to convert old cruise credits to new cruise points was to multiply cruise credits by 7 and add free points of 1, 3, or 13 depending on the number of credits:

1 to 4 credits: points = 7 * credits + 1

5 to 7 credits: points = 7 * credits + 3

8 or more credits: points = 7 * credits + 13

Right. The OP was in the first category, so I only explained the "one bonus point". But YOU, crookedhalo, are in the second category, and received THREE bonus points. (5 x 7 = 35 + 3 = 38)

The more credits you had before the conversion, the bigger your bonus.

The reason for the bonus points was to keep people (as close as possible to) the same distance from the next level as they were before.

Right. The OP was in the first category, so I only explained the "one bonus point". But YOU, crookedhalo, are in the second category, and received THREE bonus points. (5 x 7 = 35 + 3 = 38)

The more credits you had before the conversion, the bigger your bonus.

The reason for the bonus points was to keep people (as close as possible to) the same distance from the next level as they were before.

Thanks for clearing that up - was just happy that I kept the platinum status we had reached a couple of months before the conversion:)

I made out okay... Before the change I had 2x7 night & 1x5 night and somehow 19 nights equals 24 points!

Definitely not complaining :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't explain how they got 24 points from 3 credits. Should have been 22. At least the mistake is in your favor!

We had 18 cruises that were 11 nights or longer and we only received 7 cruise points for each. We actually lost a lot of points because of their system.

Aha. Now I see how one 12nt TA (2 credits) converted to 15 points. Always wondered about that. But I like the new system where our next 15nt will be full 15 points - under old it would still have been 2 credits despite the extra three nights.

Also my understanding of the old system was JS gave an extra credit on 12+nt so you could get three credits. Now with double points it has effect of quadruple (or better) what older system yielded. 15 night in JS gets to 30 points (Platinum) in one cruise (old system would have been middle of Gold). Do another now and be Emerald in two (60pts). One more 15nt JS and be Diamond in three cruises. Best that would have been under old system is 9 credits or Platinum (pre-Emerald addition) still needing one more credit for Diamond.

I have 29 points and just booked a 7 night on Mariner in a JS. I called to see if there was anyway to get "platinum" because I was only 1 point away from the 30 points needed. No luck, but you can't blame a girl for trying! ;)

Archived