Carnival Freedom 8 Day Eastern Caribbean Review 09/10/11 - 09/18/11 LOTS of PICS

What an awesome review! We have a year to wait for Freedom. so I need all of the pics and reviews that I can find. Our itinerary is a little different, but I am definitely going to put Antigua on my bucket list. The pics were beautiful. When I get tired of looking at the Freedom on my desktop I will probably "borrow" one of the beach scenes! Thanks so much for all of your work to do this.

What an awesome review! We have a year to wait for Freedom. so I need all of the pics and reviews that I can find. Our itinerary is a little different, but I am definitely going to put Antigua on my bucket list. The pics were beautiful. When I get tired of looking at the Freedom on my desktop I will probably "borrow" one of the beach scenes! Thanks so much for all of your work to do this.

We just returned from this same itinerary and Antigua is beautiful BUT... TORTOLA IS AMAZING. Specifically, we took a ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola and it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen! That and St. John which we ferried to from St. Thomas. This itinerary was the best we have done yet!

• 8 months later...

Did they change the itinerary out of San Juan for this ship? When this ship did those ports, we flew out of San Juan to do it. This one sounds like you still get some good ports in. Just curious.....

Anyways, this review was excellent!!! One of the few best I've seen. Makes mine look like it's next to the run down shack! HAHA!!!! We're getting an aft balcony in March so it looks like it's completely worth it!

Hi, I was looking for reviews on the Freedom & stumbled across yours. I know it has been more than a year ago, but wanted to say thanks anyway. I loved all your pictures. We are looking at this itin for 2013.

I had to LOL that you are from Kansas city & mentioned the BBQ. We are from Lawrence KS, I am originally from Kansas City KS. I get those KC BBQ comments everywhere we go- even in Alaska.

Thoroughly enjoyed your review. I admit to skimming the text & drooling over the pics. So thank you again.

We had a light breakfast' date=' packed our bags and attached our Carnival luggage tags. We brought the printed tags with us and attached them with clear packing tape that we brought from home. ($1.28 at walmart) If anyone is apprehensive about the paper tags, that’s understandable, we were too. If you fold the tags like the instructions say and then cover them with clear packing tape they are extremely secure. Just a helpful tip[/color'] :)

I print out 2 copies of our luggage tags for each of us and tape them with clear packaging tape.

We attach one before we head to the airport. We attach them before flying in case our luggage does not arrive with us. They then know where to take our luggage.

So far in 3 or 4 cruises the tags have arrived in good condition and I have not had to attach the replacement tags.

Hi, I was looking for reviews on the Freedom & stumbled across yours. I know it has been more than a year ago, but wanted to say thanks anyway. I loved all your pictures. We are looking at this itin for 2013.

I had to LOL that you are from Kansas city & mentioned the BBQ. We are from Lawrence KS, I am originally from Kansas City KS. I get those KC BBQ comments everywhere we go- even in Alaska.

Thoroughly enjoyed your review. I admit to skimming the text & drooling over the pics. So thank you again.

I didn't realize that this review was from 9/2011. Thanks for resurrecting it as I enjoyed reading the review.

We're going on this ship & itinerary on 1/26/13 as part of our B2B.

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* Antigua Continued *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

DSCF0693.jpg

DSCF0663.jpg

DSCF0670.jpg

DSCF0811.jpg

Goodbye Valley Church Beach! I WILL be back again!

DSCF0828.jpg

I think multiple people just changed their screen savers! LOL!

We enjoyed the beach' date=' collecting shells and the tranquil setting for hours. There were other Carnival people that showed up a few at a time. The only way we knew they were from Carnival was because of their towels. There were never more than about 50 people at this beach at one time. At some point we had to talk about going back to the ship. Taking the bus back…not an option. We decided that we were going to start talking to other Carnival people and maybe split a taxi back. There were several taxis there already with their drivers sitting in the shade having a bite to eat. If we didn’t find anyone to share a ride with, we would have definitely gotten a taxi back to the ship with no problem.[/size']

Hello-- love your review, planning my 1st cruise w my hubby now...so doing research. Can I ask abt the money there? Do all the Caribbean ports accept US cash? For example ...the taxi drivers in Antigua , the beach jewelry & umbrella sales? Do they accept cc's or debit cards? At all...I'm curious what to prepare for!

Let'sDoThisCruiseThing,

I have been a lurker on Cruise Critic for quite some time now. I have never even had an account until today. I had to open an account so that I could reply to tell you that this is the BEST review that I have ever read. I appreciate all of the details and pictures. It took me all week to get through your review, but it was totally worth it. For those of us that have never been on a cruise it’s almost like you took us with you. I could never lock down a ship/itinerary that I wanted to take until now. Now I think we are actually going to take the next step and book the Freedom 8 day eastern itinerary. It didn’t take much for you to sway me :) Your pictures of the destinations were gorgeous. Just wanted to say that YOU ROCK!

P.S. I spit water all over my computer screen when I read the part about being on the LOST island and pushing the button. :eek: I was a Lostie too and watched that show religiously. You have a great sense of humor.

Becca

I agree w this poster, I am also preparing my 1st cruise & you've really helped a lot..

Thank you so very much. Loved the writing style & you obvious generous nature

Hello-- love your review, planning my 1st cruise w my hubby now...so doing research. Can I ask abt the money there? Do all the Caribbean ports accept US cash? For example ...the taxi drivers in Antigua , the beach jewelry & umbrella sales? Do they accept cc's or debit cards? At all...I'm curious what to prepare for!

Hi Musclengrace,

Yes, they all accepted US Dollars at each port even the individual street vendors. I'm pretty sure that if you went into the shops at some of the ports you would be able to use your credit or debit card there. (i'm thinking about some of the high end shops or jewelry shops...i can't see people carrying around thousands of dollars in cash to buy jewelry or high end merch) I don't remember seeing that debit or credit cards at any of the shops that we went to though. The beach umbrella guy and taxi drivers accepted USD as well as the local bus. I would set yourself a limit on what you are willing to spend while you are in port and only take that off of the ship with you. Just a suggestion!

Hi Dotte...how awesome that you are from Wyandotte County. Not far from us :-) I didn't realize that there are so many KS/MO cruisers

I am surprised at how many KS/MO cruisers there are too. Cruising during our colder months is a great way to stay warm. We need to get a Kansas City cruise support group started.

• 1 month later...

Great review. My family will be cruising on the Freedom in March, with the same itenerary. Do you have your Fun Times from each day? I would like to get a copy of them.

Also, thank you for the great port reviews. We've been to two of the stops, but looking forward to experiencing Tortola and Antigua. We're stared the planning stage, and you've provided great ideas on what to do.

• 11 months later...

Hey all,

I posted this question on another board as well so forgive me if your getting it twice. Big thanks to the original poster and their very detailed account of their 8 day cruise and room 8450. My fiance and I have book Freedom Cabin 8450 for our honeymoon in July 2014 for a Southern Caribbean itinerary. Does anyone know if the room looks just the same as it did in the pictures the original poster documented. I guess I am asking specifically about be balcony as we are wanting a place to enjoy in our own privacy and to lay out and sun bathe. I just want to be sure that both regular chairs and chaise loungers will still be on the deck. We don't have a problem going up on the other decks to do so, but I wanted to balcony for our honeymoon so that we can do our own thing if we wanted.

Thanks ahead of time!

• 1 month later...

So I know this review is old, but I've been searching reviews of the Freedom with pictures and ran across it. I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to go on a cruise for more than 10 years and it's finally happening! We will be on the Freedom in September and this will be a first cruise for both of us. He is still not interested, but I pulled the "I went to the Boundary Waters with you, so you can go on a cruise with me" card :D. (this was a canoe/camping trip in northern Minnesota where we had to canoe across one lake, carry all of our gear and canoe across the portage to the next lake, and so on. No running water, so we didn't shower and drank lake water. FOR SIX DAYS!). :eek: Yep, a cruise sounds much better to me! :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and looking at all of the pictures. We won't be on your same itinerary, but will be on the Freedom and we will be in the aft cabin directly under yours. Looking at your picture, it won't be the bigger balcony, but that's ok. Thank you for all of the tips you have included, also. As a first timer, I really don't know anything. So it's very helpful when people post tips and lots of information about the ship like you did.

Thanks again!

So I know this review is old, but I've been searching reviews of the Freedom with pictures and ran across it. I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to go on a cruise for more than 10 years and it's finally happening! We will be on the Freedom in September and this will be a first cruise for both of us. He is still not interested, but I pulled the "I went to the Boundary Waters with you, so you can go on a cruise with me" card :D. (this was a canoe/camping trip in northern Minnesota where we had to canoe across one lake, carry all of our gear and canoe across the portage to the next lake, and so on. No running water, so we didn't shower and drank lake water. FOR SIX DAYS!). :eek: Yep, a cruise sounds much better to me! :)

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and looking at all of the pictures. We won't be on your same itinerary, but will be on the Freedom and we will be in the aft cabin directly under yours. Looking at your picture, it won't be the bigger balcony, but that's ok. Thank you for all of the tips you have included, also. As a first timer, I really don't know anything. So it's very helpful when people post tips and lots of information about the ship like you did.

Thanks again!

Ill be getting on the day youre getting off

& thanks to OP . great review, cant wait for antigua!!