I-Phones on Oasis

Jenbills12

I am going on Oasis at the end of October and heard about the cell phones you can rent for the week. We normally bring two-way radios that never work (or we end up talking to another family and not ours). With a ship this size, I think it would be good to get to find the rest of our family. Has anyone rented these phones? Any positive or negative thoughts? Thanks!

I had read about the limited supply so as soon as I boarded (11:00am) I went to guest services.

The lady was really nice & said the old phones were $25. rental each for the week BUT if I wanted to wait for the new Iphones, they would be available at 1:00pm. She said they were only $5. more & much better. I decided to wait. I had to go somewhere else to get them. I think it was deck 3.

Best $30.(each) I spent in along time. Just my husband & myself. We cruise a lot & usually just run back to the room & leave a note if we get seperated or one of us changes plans. I knew the Oasis would be to big for that.

They work anywhere in the ship. You can call, text or GPS...that was the greatest feature. Just hit the button & it shows a little map & tells where the other person is.

It ALSO has the CruiseCompass in it so you can look up any activity at anytime instead of carrying the paper with you.

You do have to charge them every night. You also have to sign that you will let them charge $1,000. to your account should you lose the phone. I was advised to just leave them in the room when we go into port because they would not work outside the ship.

I would definitly get them again.

Any idea if these could be reserved ahead of time with the concierge?

Thanks!

You have to sign the papers before they will give you the phones. They give you a lecture about them. Also about the charger that will cost you $50. if you lose it. I also think they needed to see my sea pass card. They then have to 'program' your phone. It will only work between your family.

Don't see how they good 'reserve' one being that it is not like you just go there & they hand it to you.

Archived