priceline luck for 2 beds

2wheelin

I know if you need two beds for four people you should not bid but.......eternal optimist that I am and never having tried bidding before I want to try it. FLL in Jan I want a nice place I can't otherwise afford :)

Anyone have experience (positive or negative) calling after winning bid and requesting two beds?

You can do some homework on your odds and bidding strategy at www.betterbidding.com

What happens if you wind up with a room with only one bed? Are you ready to purchase a second room - assuming there are rooms available duirng high season - at a higher price? :confused: Are you ready to sleep on the floor? Is your significant other ready to sleep on the floor with you? :eek:

If I knew I needed a room for 4 with 2 beds, I would avoid Priceline and use another booking engine to find a hotel that met my needs. ;)

Good luck! :)

I've been bidding on Priceline for some years now and only once (2 years ago in Key West) did I not get a double bed when requested.

It's a gamble that I'm willing to take with 3 people, I don't know if I would risk it with 4 guests....

Jan is a peak month. If you were asking re your chances in November or July, I'd say go ahead and take the chance. Knowing that even then if you don't get the two beds, the rooms won't be as expensive if you have to add another room at regualr cost.

BUT....Since you are looking during high bookings and the rates are higher, I wouldn't risk it. They will offer another room...if available...at the rack rate. Your savings will be washed out and more!

Use Hotwire and you can request two beds. Sure thing and not much more than you'll pay on PL.

It is a big risk to take. Where will the other 2 sleep if you only get one bed? Even if you call the hotel, it will be a request on your file and being a priceline booking they will not guarantee it.

That being said, I have done the same thing myself when I was 99.9% sure of the hotel we would get based on Bidding for travel and better bidding. It worked out fine and I did this with the Sheraton in FLL and with the Courtyard.

Usually I choose to book with Hotwire as you can indicate 4 people and be sure you will have bed space for them.

One way or another, good luck!

I personally have had bad luck when booking with Priceline and then requesting a room with 2 beds. Only do it if someone is not going to have a problem sleeping on the floor. better to use another site. With Hotwire you can request a room for 4 people.

Jan is a peak month. If you were asking re your chances in November or July, I'd say go ahead and take the chance. Knowing that even then if you don't get the two beds, the rooms won't be as expensive if you have to add another room at regualr cost.

BUT....Since you are looking during high bookings and the rates are higher, I wouldn't risk it. They will offer another room...if available...at the rack rate. Your savings will be washed out and more!

Use Hotwire and you can request two beds. Sure thing and not much more than you'll pay on PL.

January is not a peak month. Peak is Feb., March and April. January is dead right after Christmas and New Years.

Like someone else said, I have been using Priceline for years for my family of three and the only time I couldn't get two beds was 10 days ago at the Miami Sheraton. They were very nice when I asked about it, but said they had none of those rooms left. But they did send a rollaway to the room at no extra charge.

If there is only one bed it is typically a king size, so if all else fails we can all sleep on the same bed. I bid without hesitation for our family, but I would be much more cautious with a family of four.

I've been using priceline for over 10 years now and the only time I did not get two beds was at a small boutique hotel in Washington DC. It was a very large room and they brought in a blow up mattress for the floor. No big deal. For $70 a night for a center city hotel I was very much ok with it. I would think you wouldn't normally have a problem.

I know if you need two beds for four people you should not bid but.......eternal optimist that I am and never having tried bidding before I want to try it. FLL in Jan I want a nice place I can't otherwise afford :)

Anyone have experience (positive or negative) calling after winning bid and requesting two beds?

During peak season forget it. I know people will tell you to go for it but I've been checking in to a hotel (twice at the Grand Hyatt NYC) and they could not be accommodated.

You could end up having to pay rack rate for the second room.

Book two rooms.

January is not a peak month. Peak is Feb., March and April. January is dead right after Christmas and New Years.

If January is so dead, why am I able to rent my Fort Lauderdale house out for $6000 for the month when I can only get $2800 for May-Thanksgiving?

If January is so dead, why am I able to rent my Fort Lauderdale house out for $6000 for the month when I can only get $2800 for May-Thanksgiving?

Because May is deader and then comes Hurricane season. And those northerners need to escape the cold cruel weather of January. Cruise ships lower their prices in January; at least the ones that leave from here do.

The first week of Jan. is slower than Feb. ;) But once you get to the 10th of Jan. you can be sure you will pay higher prices. Just look at a hotel rate calendar and watch the rates rise.:) And you can see the cruise rates go up come mid Jan too.

If Easter is the first weekend of April, by mid April things die off too. Same difference with those shoulder months.

Point is....OP is asking her chances of getting a room for four on PL. Not as good during any month when there are many people trying to escape the cold. brrrrr

Archived